Never send them any money!

This is a complaint about the services offered by E Tour & Travel, a vacation ownership broker & telemarketer. E Tour & Travel (aka etourandtravel.com), based in Orlando, FL is an aggressive telemarketing vacation planning organization with the intent to sell timeshares. They call and offer a vacation package that is almost too good to be true, but just pricey enough to seem legitimate.

The phone call starts with an offer to visit Orlando, Daytona Beach, and New Smyrna Beach (or other destination) for the low cost of $398. The $398 includes hotel accommodations, rental car for a week, and a voucher for two to the consumer's choice of pre-selected local attractions.

The telemarketer insists that there is no timeshare meeting required, and that you have 15 days from the receipt of the package to look it over and cancel for a full refund. If you call to cancel, you are again wooed by the telemarketer who insists that they know about your financial situation and to smooth things over will bill you once for $98 and 4 equal installments of $75 thereafter.

It is important to note the following: According to the documents you receive in the mail, you indeed ARE required to attend the timeshare seminars with your spouse AT ALL LOCATIONS in order to receive your vouchers that pay for the hotel accommodations and attractions. You are also required to cancel within 15 calendar days (inclusive of weekends and holidays) from the day your purchase is made in order to receive a full refund. Finally, you are only allowed 7 days in a rental car, though the accommodations can include up to 9 nights and 10 days.

If you miss the 15-day deadline, customer service is non existent and extraordinarily rude. These are people who you DO NOT want to have access to any of your money. Finally, a call to the corporate offices and attempting to speak with VP/COO Lance Croft (Contact name listed by the BBB) and threatening BBB action as well as contacting their attraction partners yielded satisfactory results. It is important that you maintain the names, employee numbers and times and dates of all correspondence by phone, as management will make excuses that the telemarketers and customer service personnel are not E Tour employees, but rather 'affiliates'. This is a statement that is contradicted by the people actually making the calls who claim to be employees of E Tours.

Please avoid getting to this point by NEVER sending them any money to begin with and promptly asking to be removed from their mailing and/or calling lists.

Jim Albuquerque, NM.
Complaint comments Comments (69) Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations

26th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
They are still sitting on my $700.00 plus deposit. My wife is totally disabled. She cannot talk or even move a finger. We aren't going anywhere! I would love to see my money but I figure that I have three chances:1. Slim 2. Fat 3. None! I will never see the money. They have it and they DO NOT REFUND!
 15th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Terrible customer service, you purchase at your own risk. They do not give your money back it's like pulling teeth. I was placed on hold for over 40 min.
 30th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
We was offered another package alot cheaper then the one before because of the inconvience. Here we go again planing a trip for Orlando, Florida in June. Etour customer service is very rude and disrespectful. You find yourself agruing with them about something you already paid for.
 11th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just purchased there vacation package for 149.00 this is suppose to include 4 days and 3 nights in Orlando Florida and 4 days and 3 nights in Daytona. After reading this i am very scared. I am going to request a full refund but i think i have been scammed. Someone really needs to shut these people down. I was aware of the 90 minute tour but I was not aware of other charges that they charged people. I have not recieved the package yet but i am just going to ask for a full refund. I wish i would of seen these complaints before ordering from them.
 2nd of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Bahahahaha you guys are absolutely ridiculous. I had an awesome time. Ya'll were just thinking bout how skeptical you were way too much and look..it's gotten to you alot and ya'll look psycho. My daughter lynn and my wife Jessie and myself had a great time. Thanks Etourandtravel!! -Mark-
 30th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
You guys are all idiots, if you just read their terms and conditions for their package you would see exactly what they are obligated to offer you for your money. This company has been in business for over 10 years and if they were a scam they would have to change their company name or have been brought down by now. If you are stupid enough to believe everything you are told on the line then you deserve to be deceived. Regardless you get a discount vacation because of a timeshare tour and it is simple as that, if you didnt want to go on the tour then dont be a cheap $%^& and pay for the whole cost of the vacation. They have discounts on flights UP TO 100 dollars a ticket not 100 dollars jeez people just like to hear what they want to hear. You get a rental car that cost practically nothing. TAXES are applied to everything have you ever bought anything in this country you morons. It just bothers me that idiots complain about legitimate travel agencies in florida when they are barely paying the full cost of the vacation and all they have to do is sit through a 90 minute tour to get hundreds of dollars off in vacation costs. If you have such big complaints and demands go pay full cost in hotels and tickets along with your rental car which would be somewhere around 1200 dollars for an equivalent package and stop littering the internet with your stupidity.
 8th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
my mom told me it was a skam i was really wanten to go and she told me that and im like you got to be kidden me. i am 11 years old.i think thay shood leren a lessen i bet alot of peopel wanted to go.shach a dissapontmint and we payed for the food and stuff.i know i am not that old but, thay really need to stop lien and get over the complments.i think it is very very stuped. and i think that everone sue thim for every thing thay got and so every one can get tair money.thay mit think i am not that old and thay mit not think i am just a littel kid but, i am way way way more thin that. and i think this is way over radded that thos dad dad peopel are triyen to conforscat are money. I AM VERY VERY UPSET! thos peopel shood be ashamed
 18th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
i would advise everyone who was foolish enough to fall for there line of b/s
to get in touch with the Orlando better business bureau and attorney general to press charges
i have been receiving phone calls for over six months
have even put a block on my phone and am on the do not call list
but they still get around it
i have learned to just pick up phone and hang up
calls have diminished somewhat
 17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

ETourandTravel - harrasment
Phone: 780-440-9641

I received my first call from etourand travel over 6 months ago and since then I receive at LEAST 1 call every day from them . I have made it very clear to them that I am not interested in booking anything with them and I ask to be taken off there call list, but they keep calling. They also use scare tactics and tried to threaten me to book with them, by telling me I had given my credit card number already and had put a down payment down on a trip ( which was ridiculous and never happened) and that if I did not pay the remainder they were going to send creditors after me. I've had 2 people from their company tell me that and of course when I ask them to verify it with me by giving me the last 3 digits of my card they can not do it. I am just writing this review to warn people that they are a shady company; I'm not saying they have never booked trips for people that have worked out, because I don't know that aspect. All I do know about them is that they are harrasing, threatening people who I personnaly will NEVER do buisiness with.

ETourandTravel Logo ETourandTravel