logo

Posted:    Enigma Software Customer Service

SpyHunter

Enigma Software Group USA LLC
Hello India Vilarreal,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

If you have any questions or complaints, please send us an email to complaints@enigmasoftware.com. I personally read all emails from that account.

At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer.

Alec Malaspina
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.
Comments United States Antivirus Software
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Enigma Software Group Spyhunter complaints
Enigma Software Group Spyhunter - unauthorized charges

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2010 by   India Villarreal 0 Votes
I keep seeing the same complaints. >:|

If you feel like you've been wronged by Spyhunter/Enigma Software Group, please shoot me an email:

IndiaJVillarreal@nym.hush.com
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   Enigma Software Customer Service -1 Votes
Hello JohnnyD03,

Alec Malaspina
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   SeattleTW 0 Votes
Enigma SpyHunter tried to steal from me the other day. I downloaded their software and when I hit "register" it told me I was being charged only $39.95, but when I hit "confirm, " it charged me $69.95, a classic "bait and switch" scheme. I called their help desk and demanded the representative to reverse my charges. He tried lamely to explain that I was being charged a separate registration fee, but it was not clear at all from their advertisement. He then said he would not charge me for that additional fee. Why would I want to do business with anyone who tried to trick me???? Enigma's false and deceptive advertising violates several consumer protection laws in many states. Beware of SpyHunter and its parent, Enigma!
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Raul Reyes +1 Votes
I bought spyhunter 4 and have been infected 54, 34, 35, 26 times each and every hour. I sent what is called a ticket, I call it a complaint that a yellow warning from my windows security center and the tech's reply was: don't worry you are protected. I have found it necessary to disconnect from my online connection in order to feel protected. I want my money back now!!! ----Raul Reyes---email is---sungodofkings@cfl.rr.com
 28th of Apr, 2012 by   Angela1031 +1 Votes
TOTALLY AGREE...this software nearly wiped my hard drive...cannot get support/answers from them. Sent a registered letter last week, no return yet. Disputing charges through my bank starting tomorrow. It is as if they (Enigma) are invisible...no phone number to be found. E-mails and 'open tickets' left unanswered. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. This all happened 04/21/12...
 30th of May, 2013 by   evie123 +1 Votes
Evie123
I downloaded SpyHunter and am unable to gret it off my computer. It comes on everytime at start up. regedit cannot find it and it just appears every time at start up. It is so annoying I just cannot get rid of it. I looked int the settings and it had checked to run the software at start up and also to look for spyware. I unchecked these and still it wont come off my computer. I have an anti-virus programme and itdoes not help remove it so far. It is not seen in my control panel area or on the left hand side in the list of programmes on my computer when you press start. This happenedd 22/5/13
 12th of Jul, 2013 by   colliers +1 Votes
I purchased SpyHunter to remove the Interpol virus from my computer thru SafeCart. The checkout screen said that the software cost $29.99. There was a total of $29.99 at the bottom of the screen. When I received the email receipt, it was for $69.98. They had charged me $39.99 for SpyHunter instead of the stated $29.99 and added and additional $29.99 for RegHunter which I did not order. On top of that, the receipt stated that I was enrolled in automatic renewals. I have contacted Enigma and SafeCart and made complaints through the BBB. So far nothing from Enigma. SafeCart says that they are going to remove the $29.99 within 15 days. No help with the extra $10 that I was charged for SpyHunter. SafeCart says that the RegHunter must have been listed below the order screen?????!!!
 12th of Jul, 2013 by   colliers +1 Votes
I contacted Enigma about overbilling for the SpyHunter product, unauthorized enrollment in automatic renewals, and charges for RegHunter software that I didn't even order. They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place. It's no wonder there are so many complaints against them. Here is their "sincere" apology where they seemingly blame me for all of this:

Just to clarify the renewal policy, when you purchased SpyHunter, you purchased a subscription which was disclosed several times before and after the purchase. If you look at the SpyHunter's purchase page (https://www.enigmasoftware.com/purchase_spyhunter.php), in the receipt of purchase (received from the email address orders@safecart.com), under our EULA or during the installation (in the agreement that you must agree in order to install SpyHunter), you will notice that we disclose that you are purchasing a subscription.

Therefore, I sincerely apologize for the fact that you did not understand what you were purchasing or were not able to see the terms of purchase even though it was displayed to you several times. Although, as stated above, we will refund the charges as requested.

VP, Technical Support, Research & QA
ENIGMA SOFTWARE GROUP USA, LLC
EMAIL: alec@enigmasoftware.com
URL: http://www.enigmasoftware.com
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by   Enigma Software Customer Service -1 Votes
We have provided a full refund, as requested, to the user by the username of "colliers".

After receiving a BBB complaint, in good faith, I contacted Colliers (Mr. Forchilli). Colliers says in his BBB complaint: "At the time of purchase no working software is delivered, inquiries to their tech support not responded to and there is no agreement of subscription".

Colliers' statement "They are supposedly refunding me for the software I didn't order, although they don't offer any explanation as to why it was charged for it in the first place" is false and deceptive.

I stand by my previous statement "At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer" and have written documentation to prove my words.
 30th of Jul, 2013 by   Jenn Clark +1 Votes
I am having the same problems as others it seems. Wish I'd checked this site before buying last night. I expected to be charged around £39.00 only to find after pressing confirm I am being charged £79.00. I blamed myself thinking I must have somehow 'double ordered'. Repeated emails since are not being answered and I am now becoming increasingly anxious about the situation. Think a phone call to my bank is in order tomorrow!
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   jimmytorz +1 Votes
Enigma Software Group are thieves and liars! SpyHunter4 IS A FAKE! THEY ONLY WANT TO TRICK YOU INTO SUBSCRIBING FOR $80 a YEAR RECURRING PAYMENTS! EVEN IF YOU OPT OUT, THEY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER CATASTROPHICALLY! WORSE THAN EVER! THESE GUYS ARE CRIMINALS!
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   jimmytorz +1 Votes
By the way, WHY THE F*** are you not on CNET? You have one comment: ONE star! The commenter wished he could have given you ZERO stars! Alec Malaspina! FAKE NAME...=ALEC WITH A BROKEN SPINE! MOTHER F****** CROOKS! So here's your last chance! RUN!
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   jimmytorz +1 Votes
COMPLAIN to US ATTORNEY GENERAL AND YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL! THIS IS A FRAUD!
 28th of Oct, 2013 by   Jimmynariz 0 Votes
I purchased spyhunter on October 23. I have spent a week trying to get it downloaded and am getting nowhere. Every time I go to their site I get a message that my user name and password are invalid. When I called the number given on their site I was refered to another number { their technical support} I get a machine that tells me they are all busy and if I leave my phone number and my E-mail address someone will contact me.I have yet to hear from anyone.I am 66 years old, with only a $573.00 a month income from social security. I cannot afford to be ripped off like this. My E-mail is jimmyjones5271@live.com. I thank you for this forum.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   OMGmom 0 Votes
BUYER BEWARE! SpyHunter is Scareware/Scamware! Once you get it, you CANNOT UNINSTALL IT! Even if you go to Programs from Control Panel, you can't get it off your computer - it will just delete the name from the programs list.

Even if you tell it not to scan at startup, it will put itself back to scanning on startup!

And, after declining to renew (after 6 short months), it infected my computer with the exact same thing I originally bought it to get rid of in he first place - even though I have not downloaded any new programs (which is how I got the original malware the first time.)

Just to show you what type of jerks this company employs: I saw in a previous comment (on this page) how a representative from SpyHunter scamware, actually posted a customer's last name - even though the complaining customer used a user ID, instead of his own name! Upstanding companies don't put their customers' names on a public forum, even if the customer is complaining!

Scammers! Thieves! BUYER BEWARE OF SCAMWARE, SCAREWARE, SpyHunter, and everything to do with "Enigma" (guess the name should have tipped us all off!)
 23rd of Feb, 2014 by   anders wetterholm 0 Votes
I totally agree1 Enigma is a fraud company.

aw
 12th of Mar, 2014 by   Geemee 0 Votes
I uninstalled Spyhunter but Enigma software group from Spyhunter kept popping up at bootup to do it's thing.
The cure I found was to download Autoruns for Windows v11.70 and installed it. As I opened Autorun I selected
Boot Execute and Deleted sh4native and now boot up is back to normal.
I search on the internet and found no cure, maybe now folks can find this one and soon maybe even more better ways
will be added.
 2nd of Apr, 2014 by   Aldino 0 Votes
I had an issue with nationzoom virus. I have been fighting it for the last 2 days using Norton 365, then virus, and I also tried to clean it manually from the regedit, however, that all did not work. However, I tried Spy hunter toady and it worked for me right the way.

The prices is 29 USD however, they charge for another product to clean you register, however, if you do not want that you unchecked that option. Also before you check out, there is calculator that you can click on it and will tell you total, again if you just want to pay the 29, then unchecked the other product.
However, with all the complain I saw in this site, I still went I bought the product and I am happy that I have done so.
I am not working for Engima, and never get to know them before today. I just bough the product today from them.
 21st of May, 2014 by   Matt84 0 Votes
So I just buyed this spyhunter 4 to see if it would get rid of the spyware
it claimed it had found even though my computer was clean according to many
other anti-spyware. The first time I tried to fix the problem after a scan
Spyhunter rebooted my computer and tons of weird stuff was going on my screen
before windows boot (various DOS command and weird anti-virus message that
didn’t seems legit). When windows finally started I couldn’t use most of my
computer. Any program in quick access bar we’re blocked. I could not open my web
browser. CTRL-ALT-DELETE didn’t bring me to the usual menu (did nothing after
multiple try). Even tough my computer seemed fast as usual and didn’t seems to
be slowed by some kind of process I couldn’t do anything with it. I could not
even close it. So I had to cut the power to close it. I then tried to restart
the computer but I got nothing but a black screen, not even the usual bios
screen. I tried to restart it multiple time always with the same result. I then
started to look for solution on another computer. I then tried to boot my
computer with a windows cd and it worked. Then I uninstalled the product and
contacted the company support. They did answer very fast, they said it was
because they detected I had an old version (how did they detect that?? and it
was uninstalled...? also I did update it to the latest version before using.)
Anyway they directed me to their website where I could download the latest
version and I did it to see what would happen. It didn’t seem to be a different
version once installed. The only result I got from reinstalling it was a blue
screen on my first scan and complete internet shutdown on the second try. That
was enough for me I uninstalled the program and I’ll stay away from it. What I
find odd is that I can’t seem to find any other bad review about this program
and other anti-malware doesn’t detect it as the crap it is. I think its because
the enygma company prevent anyone to speak against them trough sending false
(seems false to me) lawyer letter to shutdown any bad review. see http://cl.ly/012k3u0s0y2H and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ug4mVk92c
 10th of Jun, 2014 by   elewiscs 0 Votes
I own and run an IT consulting group in Phoenix Ariizona. We have hands on service calls to at least 20 computers per day for the last 15 years. We have remote service to at least that many more per day. In the last 2 years we have seen more and more aggressive malware hitting our customers systems. We have literally tried almost every product on the market in both our shop test systems and our customers systems ranging from Windows XP to Windows 8. On domains and off. I can say without a shred of doubt that Spyhunter is the best product on the market today. Is any product 100% perfect? No. I have run into 4 or 5 bugs that even spyhunter could not remove automatically. Their techs support is second to none. They have always been able to create a custom fix that eventually cleaned the systems. I have seen the best overall results when using Spyhunter in conjunction with Webroot Anti_virus. Between the 2 databases I have only had one bug make it through one of my networks. That was cryptolocker when it first came out. I have seen cryptolocker make it through all of the major players like, Norton, McAfee, Viper, Trend, Kaspersky etc. It is just one nasty bug. Spyhunter is one of the more expensive products out there and I am not too keen on their pricing policy. When you buy it, it states that the charge is $39.oo but if you read the fine print you will see that it is every 6 months. They could do better at being up front and charging a one year fee. As far as certain websites charging a second fee, that is on the shady web site. I have purchased several hundred copies of Spyhunter directly from their website. www.spyhunter.com and have never had a second fee charge. Bottom line. If you want the best protection out there with the best tech support, using Spyhunter along with Web Root does not get any better. By the way. I do not work for or have any affiliation with Enegima Software company. Web Root is good at Viruses but lacks good spyware detection and removal. That is where Spyhunter finishes the job.

Consumer advice: Extended warranties