logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
dermajuve
add says try it free only pay shipping
2. (10 mins ago)

Posted:    Dunwiththm

Lousy carpet

Empire Carpet
Indiana
RUN!!! Do not do business with this company. Their carpet is the worst I've ever encountered. They will tell you to "steam clean" it immediately as it will get dirty quicker than any other carpet. They say that the "manufacturer" recommends steam cleaning right away. I raised 3 kids on Beige carpeting, and it never looked as bad as what the crap does that Empire installed in my house just 3 months ago, and it's just me and my husband and we both travel a lot!!! I think they have a big scam going, and unfortunately the consumer has to pay the price. Their customer service is as poor, as their carpet! It will start unraveling immediately, will mat down, and you will fill up one sweeper bag after another with their carpet. I've had new carpet often thoughout the years, and have never encountered the problems I've had with Empire. Go anywhere but there, or you will regret it!!! We have to replace 3 rooms of carpeting because what they scammed us on looks horrible. My home is 18 years old, and the office has the original carpet in it, and looks better than the new carpet from Empire.
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2009 by   Dunwiththm 0 Votes
I think everyone on here has a legitmate complaint, as I'm one of them! I've seen and heard it all from Empire. Everyone please read what we have experienced to save yourselves a lot of money and headaches. I know it's tempting that they can install your carpet the next day, but it will be the biggest mistake of your life! Go with a more reputable company, even if it costs more, because before this is over, you will have spent double or even triple the money replacing their carpet.

My daughter has experienced the same problems with them, as we had carpet installed about the same time. It just makes me sick to my stomach to look at this carpeting, seeing how bad it looks and it is new. NEVER AGAIN!!!
 16th of Mar, 2014 by   lulu555 0 Votes
I too had the same problem. Empire said the carpet I purchased had a 20 year warranty. It looks like crap after just 3 years. They refused to do anything about it. It's matted down in several places. My 12 year old carpet in bedrooms looks better than this new carpet. I tried to work with them, but they refused to help me. Customer service is horrible. I have to go and purchase new carpet again now after being scammed by Empire.
 24th of Mar, 2014 by   ET Customer Support 0 Votes
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, Lulu. It’s disappointing that your product is not meeting your expectations, and we can assure you that we carry only quality, name-brand products. We are committed to working with customers if ever problems arise, and we regret that you have had difficulties in getting your concerns addressed. We would like to know more about the situation and work towards a resolution with you, but we are not able to locate your account with the information posted here. Please email your contact info to customersupport@empiretoday.com or call us at 888-588-2315 x4195. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager

Health Insurance for College Grads