logo

Signet Financial Group
Auto Warranty
3. (44 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
4. (49 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
5. (52 mins ago)

Latest Questions

eDreams Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent claims and withholding of money

eDreams Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Notfair

Fraudulent claims and withholding of money

Spain
edreams.com
We have also experienced awful service from eDreams. 2 days ago, I tried to book a flight for my mother who was intending to travel from Budapest to Malaga. After checking the various options and availabilities on eDreams' site, I went ahead and booked the flight and eDreams deducted money from my account.

Within one hour, I received an email from eDreams saying there was a problem with their system and that they could not grant the ticket. I immediately contacted them and was told that they would not be able to refund my money for several days (no specific date), leaving me in a massive dilemma, as I did not now have the funds to book an alternative flight with another company.

After countless phone calls and emails, they still refused to offer an immediate refund or an actual flight on the time we had specified. All the while, they continued to advertise the same exact flight, enticing other people to pay for a ticket to something eDreams know damned well they cannot fulfil.

It is pretty clear that eDreams deliberately scam people into booking flights that they cannot deliver, take their money, hold that money for an undetermined amount of time and cause distress to people who simply want to book a flight!

I have spent the best part of the whole day today, speaking with countless people at eDreams, each of which has told me a different story; one said it would take 1-2 days for a refund, one said it would take up to 5 days and another said it would take between 5-10 days! I’ve checked online for experiences of other eDreams customers who have said it took up to 30 days before they received a refund! If you consider how many times this must be happening, it soon becomes evident how much money eDreams must have sat in their accounts, earning interest at our expense.

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to avoid eDreams and any other comparison site operating in this manner, like the plague!!

Comments Spain Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Notfair +2 Votes
By the way, I constantly asked for a more senior person to deal with my complain, they kept passing me over to a colleague at the same level and said "it is not company poilicy to transfer customers to more senior members of staff".

After a while, they simply hung up on me! So much for customer service! Several hours later, eDreams are still advertising the exact same flight, knowing full well it is not available!

I have done some very simple checks online for the directors of eDreams, whose names appear on LinkedIn:

Javier Perez Tenessa, CEO
Xavier Pladellorens, Online Marketing Manager
JOSEP BERNAT, Director de precios - CAO y de la oficina de proyectos
Nico Bour, New Media Marketing Manager
Mauricio Prieto, Managing Director

The customer service staff told me they had never even heard of the company's CEO Javier Perez Tenessa!

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to AVOID EDREAMS AND ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT DEALS WITH CUSTOMERS IN THIS MANNER. LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
 1st of May, 2009 by   Dan in London +1 Votes
We've just had a similar customer service brush-off. Booked a one stop flight from Australia to UK which after taking our money has turned into a two stop flight. Every stage of booking process showed just one stop which was required for our nervous pensioner parents, instead they now have to endure another take-off and landing.

For what is a very stressful situation where we offered to upgrade/buy another ticket their customer response was one liner "no changes possible". A computer could have generated it.

edreams response is that they don't have to advertise 'technical stops' so I guess in collusion with the airlines they can put in as many stops as they like and miss-sell products. I feel a fool for not checking ABTA/ATOL like accreditation (in UK case) and in future will avoid international internet flight shops such as edreams as everyone else should do.
 8th of May, 2009 by   Nico Bour 0 Votes
Hello @Notfair:

My name is Nico Bour and I am the New Media Marketing Manager at eDreams. First of all, I want to apologize about all of the different problems you had during the whole process. If I can help you sending me your reservation number, I will contact directly our costumer team to check how is your refund going.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Kindest regards, Nico Bour.
email: nico@edreams.com

Hello @Dan:
As I said to @Notfair I want to apologize about your two stop flight. The problem is that sometimes the airlines companies don't include in the amadeus system (international system used by nearly all travel agencies) the technical stops and that's why when you were searching for this flight it didn't appear. I am sorry but in this case all the travel agencies are in the same situation. If I can help you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Kindest regards, Nico Bour
 24th of May, 2009 by   Mr.T 0 Votes
How is it that that the " New Media Marketing Manager" at eDreams has so much time to spear that he can sit and answere complains at random internet sites?
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Ahmed El-Habbash 0 Votes
I am having another bad experience with eDreams. After doing my booking I received a confirmation of reservation but no e-ticket was sent. Next day I started enquiries and I was advised to send a copy of my passport and a copy of my credit card so as to do more checks. I am not aware of any respectable company who would ask for such serious information to be faxed or emailed. To me This looks more like skam.
I am upset why such organisation should exist and urge every who has a problem with eDream not to give up and rather to pursue their issues with eDream until either they correct their policies or close down.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Nico Bour -2 Votes
Hello @Ahmed,

i am Nico Bour from eDreams. Can you please tell me which is your confirmation number? This would help us.

Regarding your comment, I would like to inform you that we asked you to send us by fax a copy your passport and credit card as a security mesure in order to protect customers from frauds.

I apologize any inconvenience it may cause.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Nico Bour
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   silverdrmz 0 Votes
EDREAMS TOOK MY MONEY!

So, I bought two tickets from eDreams to go to Milan from France. Unforunately, I had missed my flight and spoke with AirFrance (which was the airline I was flying with) that the agency (Edreams) should refund atleast the tax amount if I do not fly with them. Airfrance was unable to change my ticket.

I understand that I am not to get the full refund..but I am entitled to get back what I paid in taxes...

So I called Edreams, got disconnected several times and passed along to many customer services operators that did not explain correctly what was going.

When I finally spoke to someone about it, it was still confusing. Apparently I will get a refund, but would have to be charged to get my refund? I do not understand this and I am unsure of how much money I will be getting back. At first the operator said 16 euro, then I implied that I was suppose to get 200 back, then she agreed and asked if I accepted?

Now there is another transaction to my credit card from edreams..

I know that it is my right as a customer to receive any refund entitled to me. Is there another way to make a complaint about this company or another site that can cause this company some damage or maybe shut it down??

I am very upset and this is not legit business from the complaints I am reading.. I wish I read the complaints before I decided to buy with them.

No other online company has given me this much trouble for canceling a flight...
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Nico Bour 0 Votes
@silverdrmz : I am Nico Bour from eDreams. Can you please send me to nico@edreams.com your booking details so I can check what's going on with the refund ?

thanks.

best regards.
Nico Bour
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   TamaraL 0 Votes
Same story I m afraid, booked a ticket today for me, my husband and our newborn daughter to go see my family for christmas 1225 euros, paid by mastercard after THEY told me I couldnt pay by bank transfer...
I deposited money onto my creditcard and booked, received confirmation number and after that an email saying I should pay by bank transfer !? I phoned them in spain, from south africa, I ve spend a half day on hold during several calls with them. They are unfriendly to say at the least, barely speak english and told me that I could only pay by bank transfer... I told them I had already booked with my mastercard. They said they would cancel the tickets free of charge, so I said ok do that please so I can book elsewhere WITH creditcard.
When I tried to book elsewhere my payment got declined because apparently edreams had already charged the creditcard WHILE they said payment by creditcard wasnt possible for an amount over 1000 euros !
I cant book anywhere else now as I dont have the funds to pay twice and edreams accounts dpt is ofcourse closed till monday ! All I wanted was to go show my parents our newborn daughter over christmas and they simply took that from me... Their service is HORRIBLE and they treat you like you are a liar even when I sent them a copy of my bank charges that proof that they charged my creditcard BUT YET I HAVE NO TICKETS since they were cancelled. I was in tears ... not much I can do now except contact them on monday and hope to get either tickets or money back.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   powerless 0 Votes
Another similar story I'm afraid. I booked a flight, transfered the money, heard nothing from edreams despite the transfer having gone through.

I called them up only to be told that the flight had been full for several days, when I asked why I had not been informed there was no response.

I requested a refund of the money I had paid and after several emails and calls from my side I still had received no refund. I then threated to take the complaint further, and a day later received an email saying that the transfer had been made.

6 weeks later and yes... you guessed it I'm still waiting for this mysterous transfer that my bank has not had any sight of.

I'd advise everyone to stay away from this company.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   Saurav Palit 0 Votes
OMG..
i just purchased a ticket and have requested a cancellation...i wonder if i will get my money back!!!
saurav_palit@hotmail.com
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   super- freedom 0 Votes
dear all.
I also booked 2 tickets with Edreams for indirect flights. FIRSTLY they didn't accept my Visa debit card payments and advised to pay via bank transfer. I made reservation on Sunday and early Monday morning came to the bank and the people there were surprised why company Edreams using such an awkward payment method. Any way, each transaction cost me 20 pounds. I managed to pay for 2 tickets in 1 transaction trying to avoid additional cost. on tuesday I made payment and Edreams confirmed me that they received money. BUT!
They said that my 2 tickets don't cost the price that I paid. They urgently demanded extra 49 euros, saying that my tickets THAT I RESERVED cost now fifferently.
I spoke to them on Tue before making payments but nobody told me that cost of tickets had increased. I'm laughing! My tickets insured, hope it will work!
Please could someone share experience what legal action that you taken to withold licences from Edreams? Is anybody compaining?
DON'T EVER USE THEM.
Hope to hear from you soon,
many thanks
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   SumP 0 Votes
I just booked a ticket from Casablanca to Madrid and they sent me a mail saying that there was "some problems" with my transcation so they could not provide ticket details. BUT MY CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED. Does anyone know who I can talk to???
Suma
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   toni304 0 Votes
HELLO.. i just booked a ticket from Lisbon to Cap vert and cost 694.27 euros, the money was withdrawn from my account, but did not give me a confirmation of my trip claiming that my credit card was refused.

how can I recover my money, or at least the ticket.
sanogueira304@hotmail.com
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Pmnon 0 Votes
Oh no! I just booked using my Visa Debit and they sent me booking confirmation and later followed up with an e-mail telling me my card was refused. I hope it doesn't mean they have deducted the money and I have to run behind them to get it back. ARGH.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Doctor on law 0 Votes
@Pmnon: Don't worry, if the card were really refused there is no way to deduct your money. For sure, they will ask you to use another payment method in order to get the money and confirm the booking
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   suzanne 0 Votes
So glad I checked here 1st

I was going through the search and booking process on e dreams and became bit uncomfortable with the fact they asked for my passport number when registering my details. I fly a lot and have never had to submit this information before.

I just had a hunch, suspended the booking and enetered 'e dreams scam' in the search box and here I am!

Now off to the Thomas Cook website to book direct. It is their flight anyway and cost just £2.85 more.

Grateful thanks to all who have commented and I am so sorry you all had such bad experiences.

Nico; bless you. Go and find yourself a better employer.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   vasko +1 Votes
Unfortunately I became a part of the Edream scam. I tried booking a flight via their website and the booking failed. But guess what, they still charged me 1200 pounds!!! I tried contacting them and I all got was a rude reply and they hanged up on me. I have the conversation recorded and I am exploring ways of taking legal action against them. Unlike most of the people who threaten to sue them, I can actually do it. At the moment I am waiting to see if the money will be refunded in the next 5 days (already been a week) and in the meanwhile I am researching the company. Please leave a message on this forum if you would like to join me for a class action lawsuit against them.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   Pamelaangley -1 Votes
Hi @ vasko

I just booked flights today with edreams, wish I had read this forum first. Got charged double the amount due but the invoice is only showing the one agreed amount. The first booking failed as the flights were gone halfway through but no card details were given at this stage so they can't claim the flights were booked.

I'll let you know how I get on but I'm doing a law degree and they'll be messing with the wrong person if I don't get that money returned to the card!

Pamela
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   eDreams -1 Votes
To: @ vasko and @Pamelaangley

Hello, this is Jorge, from eDreams.

First of all, I want to apologize about all the different problems you had during the reservation process.

If you send me an email to contact@edreams.com with your booking details (locator/ reservation number) I will pass them to our customer service team to check the status of your flights / refunds

And they will contact you as soon as possible with updated info.

Jorge