logo

Triple L Horse Rescue
Fraudulent Solicitation for Funds
3. (3 mins ago)
uadreams.com
The owners need only money and you get nothing
4. (30 mins ago)
Lufthansa
Missing Undelivered Baggage
5. (38 mins ago)
wigsway.co.uk
They took money and haven’t provided order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Lucy

Don't order from them

EBurgess
www.eburgess.com
In early March I ordered several plants from this place expecting to receive them with 2-3 weeks...boy was I wrong. I did not receive the plants and trees until mid May which is past our planting season for a lot of what I had ordered here in the deep South. I contacted their customer service 5 times wanting to know when my plants would arrive and I never could get a definite answer. When I finally got them I had to return everything at my expense. I finally got my refund June 10th which is just shy of a month of when they received my return.

Do yourself a favor and never buy from this place, it is more trouble than worth it.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008 by   ana da silva 0 Votes
May 10 th I placed an order of 16 plants worth over one hundre dollars, mid june I received three plants which by the way where packed poorley . Today july 14 th still have not received the rest of the order .I have made several calls to unintelligent operators and got now here ... I just wanted the plants not a refund even though planting season is over in my area ...So please nice people out there DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY ( EBURGESS SEED & PLANT CO ) .
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   Josh 0 Votes
I placed an order with them in january of 2009. I ordered the mini rose collection. after nearly 3 months i finally recieved my order. the plants were in good shape and one has already bloomed. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE to order form them. The shipping rate is almos 10 dollars i only had one item in my order. shipping is too much. QVC has a lot of the same things lower shipping and theirreviews are 95% good very few of them are bad, however with eburgess it is the other way around. awful reviews and very very few good reviews. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE. Use QVC or another trustworthy company instead. ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ORDER FROM ANYONE!! I will never use burgess again.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   Billy T 0 Votes
I ordered 6 roses on June 11, 2009 and they came on time, but they were rotten and had diseases and funguses all over them. I called customer service and I talked to one person and they said it wasn't their problem and were rude. So I had my Grandma call and because she orders from a lot of other companies and they were rude with her on the phone saying that she was lying, so she hung up. Then she called again and got another woman who said to send them back and write a note saying that i wanted a refund. So I sent them back the next day and it costed me over $7 to send them back. I was mad. I called them people and told them that I wanted a refund for the money i spent to send it back for their mistake. They said that they were sorry but they couldn't do it. So I waited another 2 weeks then called them to see what the holdup was about and they said it was in processing and that I had to wait. They finally gave me my refund of $29 on July 16. So in all I spend 37 dollars to order them then 7 dollars to send them back and then they gave me 29 dollars back. so they still owe me 17 dollars in total. Take my advice and never order from them EVER!!! You will be making a very big mistake.
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   T Laird 0 Votes
I placed a $100 order in mid march 2010, they shipped a small partial order in 3 weeks the remaining order is still awaiting a certain item, they will not ship the rermaing order until that item arrives in their warehouse, which could be sometime this year or next. The customer service reps give out any info they want to make the customer feel satisfied even though it is a lie.. The reps can't tell you the status of the account they only "can see the reference to the complaint" not any actual infomatiom. I talked to one customer rep, Crystal", who would not even give me the name of her supervisor as it would "take to long", how long does it take to say their name. Never do business with eBurgess. They have used my money for 2 months and haven't paid a single penny in interest at least my bank would have given me 1.0 %.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   MandNP 0 Votes
I ordered from eBurgess for the first time in March of 2010. I love gardening, and I spend more money on plants than I admit to my husband. This order was only $120. The company lacks any automation, the service is terrible, the plants are not properly packaged for shipment, shipments are not timely, and I question the condition of the plants even prior to shipping. Several plants arrived with NO roots, others were moldy. The return policy is not user-friendly. I have requested replacement plants for those that did not live. Regardless, I will not order from this company again.

Meanwhile, orders I've placed with Michigan Bulb, Brecks, and Gurneys (all under the same ownership) offer a much more satisying result - timely shipments, automated communication, excellent packaging, convenient customer service, quality plants, and a LIFETIME GUARANTEE for as long as you garden.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   Ih8tEburgess.com 0 Votes
They also claim they reserve 2 weeks for "processing" then another 2 weeks for shipping! REALLY? You are going to ship my plants and it will take 2 weeks? hmmm I wonder what kind of shape they will be in when they finally arive? I talked to their "Customer Care" and got a rude person basically telling me "There are other people in front of you" .. well DUH. Then when asked if it was possible to see where they were at in the "process" (because we all know it is very, very hard to pick up the plants ordered and package them), and she let me know there was no possible way to find this out. Really? Wow. I so wish I had found this page BEFORE I ordered from them. That's O.K. Never again. And believe you me, I will spread the word. Gotta love social networking 8)
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   Dee1984 0 Votes
Ordered bulbs in July. Its October and I have nothing?!?! I have emailed 6 times and finally said I want my money back. They sent a last email saying they had already shipped my items! First order with them and the last! Horrible company. Wish I would have known this sooner.
 5th of Apr, 2013 by   Smileslynn 0 Votes
Here are copies of all corresponding's between your company and myself... first I am told Feb, then I am told April.. now you are saying end of May... So my question to you is this a company like Spring hill that takes the money and never sends what you pay for? Please let me know what is going on.. 3 emails from you with 3 different ship dates. As right now this is not looking good for your company or for me spending any more money with you. I spend several hundred a year on landscaping plants and flowers. Please look at the copies of all emails.. Maybe you can understand why I have received different times of shipping. I am requesting a refund for the plants I ordered including the shipping and handling charges. I do NOT understand why I am receiving the run around all I asked was if you could combine the 2 orders as neither has been shipped, instead I am told a 3rd date. Either send my order now or refund my money including shipping and handling charges as you have handled nothing! I will find a company that will not take the money then give 3 different times that they will ship... this is a very poor way of doing business and I am sure your supervisors will agree and so will the better business bureau. If I had known before I placed the 2 orders I would of never tried this company.

Thank you for your email. We ship according to climate zones because items risk frost/freezing in shipping, if shipped too early. We typically do not begin shipping houseplants and tender perennials until April, as these items are susceptible to frost damage.
On 3/11/2013 4:22 PM, Rachel wrote:
I have an indoor greenhouse so its climate controlled and the items can be shipped any time the year.

From: Burgess Customer Care
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: Status

Thank you for your email. Our records indicate that your order has not yet
been shipped.

We are currently shipping hard goods and seeds to all areas.

We began shipping nursery stock at the end of February to the warmer climates, working
our way to the cooler climates as weather permits.

Also, just as a reminder, once you receive your order be sure to hold onto

City: forsyth
State: MT
Zip: 59327
E-Mail: smileslynn
just was wondering when my items will be shipped i see you took my money from my account and i have not received an order confirmation to my email or anything, wanted to just know the statues of the order.

From: Burgess Customer Care
To: Rachel
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2013 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: eBurgess.com Order #33965791

Thank you for your email. Our records indicate that your order has not yet
been shipped.

We are currently shipping hard goods and seeds to all areas.

our way to the cooler climates as weather permits.

Also, just as a reminder, once you receive your order be sure to hold onto
the original shipping label from the outside of the package for your one
year replacement guarantee.

Happy Gardening!
On 4/4/2013 11:52 AM, Rachel wrote:
I placed 2 orders with you and paid shipping for both... as you have had the money for over a month for both orders and stated you will begin to ship in April and it is now April, can you ship both orders together? And possibly refund some the shipping costs if possible that I paid. Frost is over and I need my plants. Please send shipping information to me. thank you for your time. I have more items I need to order but will not order again from you until I get the first 2 orders I placed.

From: "CustomerCare@eburgess.com"
To: smileslynn
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 2:13 PM
Subject: eBurgess.com Order #33965791

Thank you for shopping at eBurgess.com!
This email confirms receipt of your order
request A summary appears below.

We suggest you save this email for any future
inquiries. To assist us in providing you with
the best customer service, please include your
order number on all correspondence.

Order number:

Packing $9.49
Sales Tax $0.00
Total Charge $35.38

Shipping Policy

Please note that our products can only be shipped to the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

Please allow 1-2 weeks for your order to be processed. Seeds and Merchandise are normally shipped as soon as processing is completed. We have also begun to ship nursery stock items based on weather as well as availability and hardiness of the plants.

Keep in mind that many of our plants and trees are shipped in a dormant condition. Soak overnight in water before planting. In general, dormant items can be planted anytime your ground is not frozen. A late snow or frost will not harm a nursery stock item that is already dormant. On the other hand, these items can also be planted during warm weather--simply be sure to water well. Potted perennials can be planted outside anytime after your last frost until your ground has frozen solid for the winter.

Our One Year Guarantee

If any item you purchased from us does not live, for a FREE REPLACEMENT just RETURN THE ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL along with your written request within 1 year of receipt. If you are dissatisfied with any merchandise, return it together with the ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL within 1 year of receipt for a FREE REPLACEMENT. Replacement guarantee is VOID unless the ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL is returned. For a REFUND of the purchase price, RETURN THE ITEM AND THE ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL, with the correct postage affixed, within 14 days of receipt.

Substitution Policy

Orders are filled by item number exactly as received. If a variety is sold out, we reserve the right to substitute one of equal or greater value. If you are not happy with the substituted item, simply return the original shipping label with a letter of complaint for shipment of the original item when available or a refund.
 15th of May, 2013 by   elena d b 0 Votes
the worst gardening company I ever deal with. Bad customers service, poor quality plants and very very bad shipping and packing. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! I am still waiting for my refund...
 28th of Oct, 2013 by   Svaden 0 Votes
I wish I had read reviews of Burgess before making the mistake of ordering from them. They will gladly charge your credit card a week or more before processing an order. I sent three emails and didn't receive a reply. I called customer service (so called) and was told an order placed eleven days ago was still being processed. I asked that the order be canceled and was told it could only be done by letter. How do they stay in business?

Protect Consumers from Credit Card Rate Hikes