logo

EA The Sims 3

Posted: 2011-06-22 by    FrustratedSimmer

Customer Support

Electronic Arts, Inc.
I am so frustrated with EA, and their product 'The Sims 3', that I don't know where to begin. First, the game and its expansion packs are incredibly glitchy (I have absolutely no Custom Content, by the way - not even items from the Exchange or Sims 3 Store!). Second, the customer service is terrible. When I call or email to explain my problem, they either define a random term for me (for example: I emailed for a solution to a freezing problem. They replied with a description of how to purchase items from the Sims 3 Store. They then labeled my inquiry as 'Resolved' and deleted the reference number. Why?) or they refer you to a message board. The message board is a place where fellow frustrated customers complain about problems with their games, and it doesn't appear that any support representatives ever respond. Third, there appears to be no support for previous expansion packs. EA seems to be too busy pumping out new half-completed expansions to correct any problems or glitches previous expansion packs. As for me, I have been a customer from the beginning. I purchased The Sims and all the expansions, and The Sims 2 with all the expansions. After my horrendous experience with The Sims 3: Late Night (and the expansions leading up to it thus far), I will not be purchasing another expansion until the previous ones are fixed. What is the point of buying new expansion packs if my game is currently unplayable? Here's my word for EA, for whatever it's worth as just another mindless consumer - slow down on making new expansions, and instead focus on completing and correcting the ones you have already published. Also, please do something about your terrible customer support team.
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2012 by   LillySmith +1 Votes
I agree. I bought Sims 3 pets and the pets are glitched. Their chins touch the ground, their tails float beside them, etc. etc. DO NOT BUY SIMS 3 PETS! It is a rip off for customer support. $2 a minute! My pets are retarded even though I have a compatible graphics card. Apparently, EA were releasing a patch for this... But NO. I still have unplayable pets. My Sims are fine. I can't take it back to the shop either because "We are not com pliable to any problems you may have with the software" !RIDICULOUS! RETARDED! I AM FED UP!
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   cassie_reeman 0 Votes
I'm very annoyed with Sim's 3, i was very hoping it was going to be the same as Sim's 2, which is typically the only Sim's game i actually like...more to the point with Sim's 3 i don't like the fact you actually have to use your keypad to move across the house unlike before you didn't need to. Your no longer at just your own house viewing your with everyone Else's. I was so looking forward to this game and now i have it I'm disappointed. It looks like you payed to much interest to detailing than the actual game !!!
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   brod92 0 Votes
I have spent too much money on sims now and it keeps freezing, I've bought a brand new imac to see if it runs better but no, EA I am no longer going to buy anymore games by you all until you fix this, cause this has been going on to long, you all promote and release new games for sims and still have not fixed the problems you all currently have but yet tell them that oh the new game or update will fix it. I'm tired now really Fix It please
 18th of Nov, 2012 by   The_hopeful 0 Votes
I am extremely frustrated! With both Sims 3 Supernatural and with Seasons, there are tons of glitches but more importantly and most frustrating is the fact that the program itself crashes either as it's loading or as I'm playing. It's not even worth playing and I seriously want my money back. I didn't pay $40 a piece to not be able to play the game.
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   Snowwwflakeee 0 Votes
I agree. I have sims 3 supernatural and I made an entirely new email because it kept saying the ones I was using were already in use with sims 3, after making the new email and typing that email in it says the exact same thing! It's a brand new email I JUST made, EA doesn't even have servers trying to help you on this issue. It sends you to the same page no matter what email you use. Ridiculous, waste of my money. If this doesn't get fixed by tonight I will be posting on Facebook, myspace, twitter, etc letting everyone know how shitty EA's games really are.
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   Annoyed Customer 5013457 0 Votes
I am really frustrated with my Sims 3, the entire community ages when you have aging on, so when you come back to another household, they have aged and things have happened to them that you didn't want. There was meant to be a patch to sort this out but it hasn't worked. I have seen loads of online chats about this trying to find a cheat to resolve the problem, but there is none, and everyone I've spoken to seems just as frustrated as me. As well as this the Sims 3 has lots of glitches, especially the pets.

I am seriously considering sending the game back for a refund unless these problems are sorted out soon, and a lot of people seem to share the same opinion.
 5th of Feb, 2013 by   wednesdayblack 0 Votes
I very disappoint, sims 2 no problems, sims 3 so many problems, my game crashes every 5 minute and i am getting so annoyed, i have Googled the problem and realized i am not he only one with issue, it upsets me that so many of us are complaining but none of them are doing anything fix the problem. Very disappointed
 13th of Mar, 2013 by   Scott A Brady 0 Votes
My problems seem trivial but still annoying. I have purchased a couple expansion packs. I have to reinstall supernatural each time I get a new expansion (it was included with Sims 3). Otherwise the new e. pack does not work.
Also, every time I create a new character or family and put them in a new house and go to a new character or household then go back tot he original character/household, the hard work I put in is gone. The character is in my to be moved bin and the house no longer exists. I am guessing the glitched you are talking about have been fixed for the most part, but some still exist ( I bought Sim's pets and saw what some of you were talking about).
 19th of Jul, 2013 by   A Saddened Sim Fan 0 Votes
EA really need to rectify these problems when, (as we can all see), they are happening to everyone! My Sims 3 has (1) repeatedly crashed and (2) slowed down my whole computer, (I know this because as soon as I uninstalled it- my computer worked so much faster!)
It worked fine a year ago- however when I came to play it recently I was met with continuous updates and "patches" which took TWO DAYS to download! After sitting patiently through these I was met by a "Sims 3 is not working" sign and it crashed. This continued each time I tried to play the game causing my computer to freeze one night! Another time Sims 3's sounds were working but I was shown a black screen which became impossible to close! I am at my wits end with this game as I really liked the sim design tools now available in Sims 3 that weren't in Sims 2, however the game is a marathon to get going and has ruined my software! Please make a solution CD EA and help me play again the game we all love!
 21st of Jul, 2013 by   nicolajosephs 0 Votes
i am really annoyed with the sims 3 as every time i go to play the game it freezes and then it stops working and completely shuts down this is not what i paid for i cant even play my games.so come on EA sort out your games as you have alot of angry customers
 28th of Jul, 2013 by   Esther Granneman 0 Votes
I don't know what to say. EA please get your act together and sell games that WORK. I have so many issues with sims 3 on my Mac. Crashes, can't upload patches etc ect. The crashes are random and seem to get worse with every expansion I buy, Island Paraside being the worst of all.
Let Aspyr make the Mac version of the sims 4 PLEASE, I'm more than willing to wait. That whole wrap program you licensed DOES NOT WORK!!

An angry and very frustrated customer
 6th of Aug, 2013 by   amanda baker 0 Votes
i am getting so mad with this game, ever since i did the new update every time i play sims its crashes and when i save it crashes, i cant even play 5 minutes without it crashing.
 12th of Oct, 2013 by   Tentien 0 Votes
I can not get the EPs I purchased. They charges my credit card right away, but the EPs never showed up in my purchase history. I can't download what never shows up! I then tried to get customer service. It took me about an hour to find the chat link. It is supposed to be 24-7 help, but my "under 5 min wait" turned into a half hour. I finally gave up figuring no one was on the other end. I am so angry right now I can't say how much!
 15th of Jan, 2014 by   14j 0 Votes
Sims has always been my favorite game but I think I'm about done with it. We pay so much money for all these expansion packs and extras (which by the way are a rip off because you pay about $20+ for barely any items) for the game to have so many glitches and there are so many things I want to do but can't. Iv'e seen the price on sims 4 and by the way Sims 3 made me feel there's no way im buying any of them until they can put effort into them again.
 19th of Aug, 2014 by   Shineece 0 Votes
The Sims 3 is a pile of Poo, it won't even work without crashing. At first i thought it was my laptop so then i tried it on another laptop and both are same, the game keeps crashing on both. What a waste of money! I have all the EP's and i am so mad because i have paid for them all and they don't work without crashing or giving you a black screen in create a sim mode. And now after searching the Internet to see if i can get some help with it, i can now see how many people are having the same problem. EA have really stabbed us in the back with this Sims 3. Plus you even have to have a really High quality Laptop or PC to play the game, What about all the people who don't have the money for High Quality Laptops or PC's? They would have then just wasted their money on Sims 3 Poo. I was really looking forward to playing it as well. I heard Sims 4 is coming out in September let's hope they do better this time. You even have to have Internet connection all the time to play, What if we don't have Internet, how will we play then EA? This is bang out of order, we can't even play a game we bought. Please Sort it out EA before u start losing your customers & Fans. I have always loved Sims, but i am disappointed with this one. Please make Sims 4 better and playable for anyone on Low end PC and High End PC Please EA!
 16th of Sep, 2014 by   kayla123456 0 Votes
i feel that there should be an equal amount of games for sim's for every system i love playing sim's... i keep hearing about these other games and when i want to go buy them they arent for xbox 360... like why is it tht there always for computer...

4 Cheap Mosquito Repellants