logo

E-Renter.com

Posted:    tom mooks

rip off and scam

E-Renter.com
I just paid $29.95 on a credit card for this company (erenter.com) to do a tenant screening for me. What I got was screwed. They gave me 3 prior addresses, and told me the person had no record. What they didn't tell me was they weren't going to give me any credit information which is what I really wanted. I went to erenter.com and it opened to Intelius. What a rip-off! Do not use this company, the internet Complaint Board is full of other complaints on the same company
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More E-Renter.com complaints
E-Renter.com - Fraudulent use of information

Comments

6th of Aug, 2010 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
ResidentCheck.com is good.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   Guy Seeklus 0 Votes
This complaint must be a competitor because E-Renter has never done business or heard of Tom Mooks. Guess which competitor !!

We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and our customer service staff always go the extra mile to make every single customer happy.

I or anyone here at E-Renter would be happy to help if you have any questions

Sincerely
Guy Seeklus
President
E-Renter USA
1.877.332.0078
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   sundaytimes10 -1 Votes
Nice try Guy Seeklus, but the letter writer is not the one who mentioned ResidentCheck. I did. You can check my profile and see that I comment on a wide variety of different letters here (and at other consumer feedback wesbites). I don't work for ResidentCheck and I never have. I have used them in the past, when i worked for a property management company. I have never used your company's services and therefore have no opinion on E-renter whatsoever.
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   Ancient Ion +3 Votes
E-Renter.com and Intelius are two completely different companies. They are not affiliated or associated with each other in any way, and should not be mistaken for the same company. E-Renter is very highly-rated and an accredited company with the Better Business Bureau. Intelius is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Intelius pays Google a fee for search terms that are frequently used which drives traffic to their website, re-directiong people away from other reputable companies they initially found, such as E-Renter.com.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   islemomma +3 Votes
I actually love E-Renter - they have stellar customer service. Plus how cool that the President takes time to defend his company's reputation (even if there was slight confusion about the postings)! I have never used Intelius (which certainly is NOT E-Renter.com, the poster is clearly confused), but I've heard some pretty negative things about them, although that is really just heresay coming from me. I haven't used ResidentCheck.com before, so can't weigh in on that one.

Does anyone else think that it is weird that this posting from a year and a half ago (linked below) has virtually identical text as the original posting in this thread?

Methinks I smell a rat... It's really too bad when people have nothing better to do but falsely accuse decent companies of being scammy for no other reason than to be cruel and/or push up their own profit margin by poaching customers, depending on who the original poster really is.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   islemomma +1 Votes
LOL, and the other thing I find funny is that the poster says this Complaint Board is full of other complaints about this company, which is just dumb. In fact, the only two mentions of E-Renter are this thread and the other one I linked in my previous post.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   justit -2 Votes
Don't have much faith in BBB, so the owner blasting the comment with what BBB says means little to me but rather the fact that he/she is willing to accuse another company of making the comment says more to me than anything.
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   JimmyBo22 -3 Votes
erenter is Horrible and BS
 31st of Oct, 2012 by   Inaccurate Information -3 Votes
I applied for a rental property in which the potential landlord used erenter.com to verify my information. It was reported back that I had an eviction and a judgement on my credit. Both of which were false. When conducting my own investigation I figured out that all erenter does is compile information, including court dockets and then they make a false conclusion that they send to the potential landlord. They never verified the information. I am a great tenant who is always timely on my payments. Erenters lack of due diligence and false documentation potentially can cost a landlord a great tenant and discredit the honesty of the potential renter.
 1st of Nov, 2012 by   hellom +3 Votes
Just FYI, that's all any of the tenant screening companies do - they compile information available in public records, and they return them to the landlords. In general, they will have disclaimers on the report stating that the landlord is required to verify the information once the screening company has narrowed down the results. This is a pretty standard industry practice. Landlords should ALWAYS investigate any records that appear before denying a tenant. Tenant screening companies simply alert landlords to possible record matches - at least, any of the ones I've interacted with (and that includes E-Renter.com). It is the landlord's responsibility to perform due diligence.
 15th of Jan, 2013 by   marion vogel 0 Votes
I have been attempting to reach Tad for several ldays/ several calls. Here is my situation. My husband and I have not lived in Castle club apt. 124A W Trenton Ave. Morrisville PA since August 29th due to severe health problems...extensive operation and nursing home stays.
The apt. has been rented to someone else but you are still deducting $16.00 a month. My husband Anthony & I only have social security and we need that $16.00 a month.

Please credit our account for this money for September, October, November, December (2012) & January (2013) Please contact me at 267-800-5524.
Thank you for your time and consideration;;
Marion Vogel
 15th of Jan, 2013 by   Joan / E-Renter 0 Votes
Marion,

I'm afraid you may have our service, E-Renter.com, confused with a renter's insurance company - possibly ERenterPlan (https://erenterplan.com/). We are a tenant screening company - landlords use us to screen potential tenants. We do not provide rental insurance of any kind, nor does anyone by the name of Tad work for our company. Also, as a staff member for a background screening company, I wish to encourage you not to provide information like a previous home address, phone number, and full name on a public forum such as this. You open yourself to identity theft or other kinds of nefarious activity when you do this.

Joan
E-Renter
877-332-0078
 22nd of Feb, 2014 by   ~Butt3r_f!3s 0 Votes
I was trying to set up a policy and told the rep that I needed it to start two weeks out. I specifically asked when I would be charged and was told that I would not be charged until the start date of the policy. I go to check my bank balance THE DAY AFTER I spoke to them, and they had charged me. They over drew my account and then because I ACH debited from my bank account, they told me that if I wanted to cancel, I would have to wait a month for a refund check. The Representative that I spoke to was so unbelievably rude, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She chuckled and says, "sure..." and hung up on me. The supervisor calls me an hour later and reiterated the same thing the rep said. No only was I now overdrawn, but I couldn't feed my kids, or put gas in my car. And all he offered me was the same sorry explanation that his rep offered. No one ever addressed the fact that the rep I spoke to initially gave me bad info. So now, I am stuck with an insurance provider that has no credibility with me, and my account was overdrawn and charged NSF fees. So lucky me!

How to Prevent Foodborne Illness