logo

Safecart
Internet Defender
2. (41 mins ago)
Taradale registry
Bad customer services from staff/ owner/manger
3. (47 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
4. (54 mins ago)

DSW

Posted:    Maria'scomplaints

Price adjustment

DSW
I purchased a pair of shoes from the DSW website on 6/25/09 for $95. I received the shoes on 7/3/09. Two weeks later I noticed that the shoes had been discounted to $25. I called and e-mailed DSW and inquired about a price adjustment. I pointed out that I was well within the return/exchange period but that didn't make a difference to them. They said they did not have a price adjustment policy and that I was basically out $70. That was my first shopping experience with DSW and it will be my last.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2009 by   Phynn 0 Votes
Everything eventually goes on sale and although many companies have a 14 day price adjustment policy, it is difficult for discount stores to do this. All of the footwear is already at a discounted price and once items are sold through and there are only a few left, they get marked down to make room for new items. It seems silly to me that you would stop going to a store because they would not make an acception for you that they don't make for anyone else. It is the business' right to make their own policies and our job as consumers to read the return policies on the back of the reciept or inquire within before we purchase. If it is not stated on the back of the sales receipt that there is a price adjustment policy then that means there is none. How is it that you are out $70? You in fact DO have the shoes that you purchased.
 5th of May, 2011 by   DSW Police 0 Votes
Lol, the above response sounds like it was written by a DSW employee.
It would have been so simple for Maria to have received her $70 difference back. She could have returned her shoes and bought a new pair at the clearance price. But if she had already worn the shoes, then she could have bought another pair of the exact same shoes on clearance and then returned them with the receipt she received for the first pair. Some would argue that this is dishonest - and to those I say, don't do it.

How to Prevent Foodborne Illness