logo

Coca Cola Great Britain
Spam mail
2. (1 mins ago)
Eurochance100.co.uk
They want only my bank name and sort code for direct debit
3. (4 mins ago)
Discount Cleaning Products

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dr. Sydney Coleman Complaints & Reviews - Buyer beware!

Dr. Sydney Coleman Contacts & Informations

Dr. Sydney Coleman

Posted:    April Smith

Buyer beware!

Dr. Sydney Coleman, founder of Lipostructure has more than 50 complaints against him that have been filed with the DOH in NYC. This doctor has no business calling himself the founder of anything much less fat transfer. His fat grafts do not last at all and he harvests fat from areas without the patients' consent and leaves them with new problem areas. He took an oath to protect the patient, but he destroys their lives. He charges exuberant prices and you end up disfigured. Please do not go to him. You will be making the biggest mistake of your life. I made the mistake and have to live with the consequences daily. He has no conscience nor regard for his actions.

Buyer Beware!

Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Nov, 2007 by   Corey Taylor Clegg +1 Votes
I am a former victim of Sidney Coleman. To have been so disfigured, that people have actually stood in front of me to stop and laugh? Pointed out the surgical freak? Simple fine lines that were to be injected with fat??? My face has been... for over three years... the size of a basketball. Lopsided and hideous looking. If you want your life destroyed, it would be less painful to jump in front of an oncoming train.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Jim Ryan 0 Votes
I knew this man. Every time he was at the GYM the hospital call stating the patient was in pain? o very sorry you experience him. I experience a shalow man and unfit Dr. according to your experience.
 29th of Dec, 2007 by   ann smith +1 Votes
I also have terrible experience. My lips are so big I can't smile. My cheeks are too big and i have been to all the doctors and it can't be fixed.
 5th of Jan, 2008 by   Corey Taylor Clegg 0 Votes
I hope that April Smith will print this. She has not responded to my request, for communicating directly. It may be too painful to discuss for her at this time. Understandable!

My own Gynocologist of sixteens years, did not recognize me, nor a neighbor that I have known since childhood, one with whom I had just spoken with several months prior to surgery. To be told by him, "you seem familiar, but I do not recognize you?" Heartwrenching to say the least.

There is a man who lives in my area, also disfigured by Coleman....we knew.....just by seeing one another....."COLEMAN VICTIM!" He looked so hideous and this dear man, too.....had a face with the trademark...."CRO-MAGNON LOOK!"

Literally, we are left with jutting foreheads, heavy eyelids that look as if small pillows have been placed upon them. Manly squared off jawlines, protruding lips that are insanely huge. Cheeks that have so much fat injected, a smile is too distorting to describe as anything other than freaky!

The only thing that I have found to be helpful, is the juicing of fresh veggies. It seems to help the fat go down a bit faster, if you can call over a three and a half year period fast. I dare to say, the man appears to fit the criteria of a psychopath, from what I have read and by noting how we have been.....so "inhumanely treated!"

Although I am not qualified academically to make such a statement, here I will share the defintion of a "Psychopath" from the Oxford Dictionary. You decide.

Psychopath/A person with chronic psychopathy, esp. leading to abnormally irresponsible and antisocial behavior, loosely a mentally or emotionally unstable and aggressive person.

It was an absolute irresponsible act of aggression on my person/life/spirit. It was surgical rape, in the sense that it was not my desire to alter my look, only to have fine lines filled in. He also experimented on one of my legs, removing fat in the ankle area and above my knee area.....in what appears to be an attempt at creating a more muscular look. It actually does look this way, but only on one leg and without my knowledge. I have been experimented on, perhaps for him to gain experience.

There is a class-action lawsuit suit about to be filed against him. I could not be a part of this, because my time is beyond what the law requires. I would appreciate contact with others for the benefit of our healing together. My best.....
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   Kimy Del -1 Votes
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but a friend of mine went to dr. coleman to have fat grafted for breast enhancement. She was thrilled with the results and said she really liked dr. coleman. unfortunately, plastic surgery is one of those things that doesn't always work out. I personally think it's a big gamble and some ppl are happy with plastic surgeons that other people arent.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +2 Votes
First off to Kimy Del, please don't minimize the above complaints as "unfortunate casualties of plastic surgery gone wrong". Nothing could be further from the truth, as I am another one of his victims currently suing him. He violated and grossly disfigured me, and it was nothing short of a deliberate decision on his part to ignore my wishes and consent on areas to be altered. We discussed at length that I simply wanted to look like an improved version of myself but he made me horrendous, not male, not female, not human practically. Why, when he confirmed over and over to not expect a dramatic change? That brings me to the next question, why would he continue creating the same outcome on so many people over the decades he's been practicing if they were "mistakes" he could learn from?

I've spoken with over 8 other patients of his who complain that he operates on areas without consent on top of leaving those areas he touches irreversibly damaged.

He is not a "poorly skilled plastic surgeon". He is a sociopath with a compulsion to serially mutilate, who happens to use his position and environment as a plastic surgeon to carry this out.

But don't take my word, or his fake testimonials for it. I encourage you to go on plastic surgery message boards and speak directly to his victims. His lawyers monitor those sites so not much negativity can be said, but you may privately email one another, exchange photos etc.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +1 Votes
By the way the website wearecolemanpatients.com showing pictures of his hideous work is NOT the work of one crazy patient from Chicago as Dr. Coleman claims on his website in an article called 'Battle of the Blogs'.

How do I know? Because patient AA on that website showed me those same photos and I met patient DD in person. I also spoke to the owner of that website who is a female patient who was very violated by him and she lives nowhere near Chicago. Those pictures are real, the patients are real.

Dr. Coleman is desperate to hide his crimes so is resorting to bold lies. I believe it's only a matter of time before the full truth about just how unscrupulous he is comes out.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by   Cristina Johnson +1 Votes
I almost let him do my face, thank god I didn't.
When I had my consultation with him I saw a lady
who's face was so swollen it looked really bad. But when
I saw his nurse Donna I was shocked. I thought
Dr. Coleman did a horrible job on her. Wow I feel
for his patients and believe them.
His nurse told me he used to be a ballerina.
Later I learned from many people that Dr. Coleman
is gay and hates women. I honestly believe that.
I know he is involved in The Martha Graham Dance Co.
He looks a too out of shape to be a ballet dancer.

I'm amazed at how famous he is but does such horrible work!
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +1 Votes
I don't think his sexual orientation has anything to do with the fact that he's a fraud and a hack. His "victims" aren't exclusive to women. He drew a huge penis marking on patient DD of the wearecolemanpatients.com website and sedated her for an unusually long period exceeding 8 hours, folks. Acts such as these are indicative of a power trip regardless of sexual orientation. It is an act of violence and violation.

I still have nightmares of this hack Dr. Sydney Coleman, who should more appropriately be called Dr. Freddy Crougar donning cannulas on each finger as a the man who can, and certainly will make your hellish nightmares come true.

The reason he's so "famous" is because he fraudelently promotes himself at doctors conferences as the definitive pioneer and expert of fat grafting and doctors refer their patients to him.

The proof really is in the pudding. I fell for his misleading before and afters but have yet to speak to one, just one person who had a normal and decent result. Even if they exist, it has no bearing on the extent of harm he's caused the ones like me who have been really screwed up by him.

Letting this fraud perform surgery was the single most tragic event of my life and I still am unable to recover years later.
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +1 Votes
Coleman claims that the penis marking he made is unsubstantiated and is not part of public record. LIAR.

He attempted to take down the website displaying this picture by sending that very picture which he took, from that patient's file, without this patient's consent, to GODADDY.COM and hypocritically claiming that he owned those photos, therefore only he had the rights to them.

Not only do I smell fraud, I smell PSYCHO, criminal, someone who's willing to do and say anything to look out for himself.
 29th of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +1 Votes
Well my former partner (We're both gay) was very handsome and this Coleman guy made him look like those cavemen from the Geico Insurance commercials. He was so livid all he talked about was wanting to kill him. Either that or commit suicide.

No attorney would take him because it was a plastic surgery case and they thought he actually asked to look that distorted.

Maybe this Doctor Coleman should change his trademark from LIPOSTRUCTURE to GEICOSTRUCTURE!
 1st of Mar, 2008 by   Heather Morgan +1 Votes
Lipostructure is such a misnomer because it implies that volume is established through the careful insertion of small aloquats of fat such that each aloquat, undisturbed, can have a chance to attatch to blood supply and therefore become integrated into the tissues.

Sydney Reese Coleman is a liar.

Has anyone seen his training DVDs showing this technique performed on a sedated patient? He jabs the cannula in and out, in and out swiftly and carelesslyinto the patient's face, not much different than how surgeons routinely liposuction fat.

If you are attempting to embed such miniscule, fragile parcels of fat to blood supply, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that fat is unlikely to even survive if the cannula is being thrust so violently into the face.

Patients commonly complain his work is unfixable. Go on message boards. People have tried surgery, injections, cancer treatment injections and even after a few years the hard artificial swelling doesn't go down? Why?

Wow, to me it seems that scar tissue or fibrosis is characteristic of what they're complaining about: weird tightness and swelling that doesn't go away for years, inability to contract facial muscles normally.

Fluid edema does not last for years after a procedure folks!

It seems to me that you can NOT help but create scar tissue when you jab a cannula into the face, into muscle tissue, all the way to the bone.

It's a VERY INVASIVE PROCEDURE

and often, your downtime is for life with other perks such as social suicide, post traumatic stress syndrome, and deep, deep regret.

Sydney Coleman's LIPOSTRUCTURE should be called FIBROSTRUCTURE, or scar tissue structure.

I'm not alleging that the fat he grafts doesn't survive, but if it does, it sure as hell is not attatched to blood supply---it's cemented in a messy sea of scar tissue entrapping it. How do I know this? Because the doctor who cut his mess out of me actually showed me what he cut out and it's NOTHING like what Dr. Coleman claims it is. It was dead, ugly and asymmetrical.

This man should be imprisoned for fraud, gross negligence, battery, assault and taking exorbitant cash payments from the patients whom he lured and convinced through his lies.

I can't believe this psycho is now promoting fat grafting into breasts when even the ASPS and ASAPS don't approve. I don't know why they would want to keep such a poor excuse of a surgeon as a member as this discredits the entire profession.

Dr. Sydney Crougar is a liability and travesty to the plastic surgery profession because of his impressive credentials and affiliations and his horrible work as well as his illegal conduct.
 1st of Mar, 2008 by   Julio 0 Votes
I'm sincerely sorry to hear of these disappointed Coleman patients. Let me briefly share my experience as a straight male and follow-up with a few questions.

I'm a 3 time Coleman patient. I went to him for a number of improvements. Here are the results:

Operation 1

Goal: strenghten jawline and chin, rejuvenate area under eyelids, thicken lips, and improve asymetry.

Result: Very nice improvements in all areas. Also, the procedure took approximately 5 years off my apparent age. The recovery was long and I looked like a monster the first 2 weeks but he clearly warned me about this beforehand. Anyway, I was very happy with the result. But I focused on my imperfections and wanted even more of what seemed like a good thing.

Operation 2

Goal: Further strengthen jawline and chin, even out lips and add a bit more volume, increase projection of upper malar area (his idea), strenghten nose, and add some volume to slightly deflated cheeks.

Result: Jawline actually got worse, became more of a U shape with too much fat between skin and bone. Cheeks became a bit too round. Lips got bigger but remained uneven.

Operation 3

Goal: Re-create v-shape jawline, even out some slight surface irregularities, further strengthen nose, even out lips.

Result: Improved nose (satisfied), lips a little too big now, but biggest problem is jawline. To work towards the V jawline, he didn't simply suction off what he did the second time. Instead, he added much more volume near the back corners of the jawline while suctioning jowl area in middle and adding a bit more to the chin. He told me he was going to do it this way and I thought he would know best. Now, my jaw looks squared off and the tissue near the back is clearly soft (not like a jaw implant).

I want to share a balanced view based on my experience with this surgeon. I've gotten a mixed bag (some improvements but some areas which have gotten worse). If I had left it all after one operation, everything would have been better than the old me. And I must admit, I contributed to some of the problems by encouraging him to fill me on the aggressive side so that I could look younger.

My honest opinion of this surgeon (before being exposed to any other patient opinions or experiences) is as follows:

Weaknesses: Distorted aesthetic sense, especially his taste in jawlines. Since he seems to be on the aggressive side, I think he should clearly warn patients about the difficulties and challenges of reversing fat grafting. He didn't do that with me. Perhaps he also places too much trust in the ability of fat to improve all kinds of facial problems (recreating lost bone or substituting for an implant, filling-in nasolabial folds, etc.)

Strengths: After three operations, I believe that most of the fat suvives long term and re-attaches itself to local blood supply. My face does feel smooth and normal (cannot feel any internal scars). I think he is excellent for very specific problems (lost fat in specific areas due to injury or disease, filling-in under eye hollows (especially victims of over-aggressive blepharplasties), and even some conservative jawline/chin augmentation for those with weaknesses in these areas who don't want implants. The fat also seems to last in lips. If a patient had to operate with this doctor, I would recommend he or she strongly emphasise that he wants to be corrected CONSERVATIVELY.

Other thoughts: A lot of comments imply he purposefully destroys patients, perhaps due to some pyschological issues or anger against certain types of people. Well I certainly don't have enough information to agree or disagree with this opinion. I don't know any of his other patients and I only know him at all outside of the doctor/patient relationship. But it would seem to be very much against his own long term professional interest and put hime at great financial risk to behave so recklessly.

Now for all you Coleman experts, I have a few questions:

1. What is the best option for reversing select areas (jawline, over-filled area just above and outside nasolabial folds, buccal area)? Micro liposuction, mesotherapy, extreme weight loss, or even a few more years of aging and accompanied facial fat loss?

2. For those of you who have had reversal procedures, please share your results. What doctors do you recommend for this and which method of the ones mentioned above?

3. Do any of you have experience with the other Doc at Tribeca (Sobreiro)? What is your opinion of her fat grafting? Do you recommend having areas reversed with her and/or Dr. Coleman? Have any of you done partial reversals with them? Since they do both liposissolve and microsuction, which procedure yields a better aesthetic result? How well does the skin bounce back to its original state?
 1st of Mar, 2008 by   Julio 0 Votes
One more question: What ever happened to the support website (wearecolemanpatients.com)? It seems to have been suspended due to non-payment from its owner. I would like to look at it. Will it be re-opened or is there a similar site elsewhere with a new name? If so, what is the name?
 2nd of Mar, 2008 by   Heather Morgan 0 Votes
Julio,

You were VERY LUCKY.
As I had mentioned it could be likely he does decent work on some patients without violating their consent and especially after the public outrage since 2005 I would not doubt he's being a lot more conservative.

Your experience only confirms to me what I suspected all along: that he may be very capable of sincerely trying to create a natural outcome and this only strengthens, not weakens the fact that when he absolutely destroys patients, he's doing it intentionally, out of malice and is continuing to get away with it...probably by paying people off.

That's the only rationale I can come up with as to why the 50+ Dept. of Health complaints were "thrown out".

Oh gee, maybe it had something to do with the fact that his friend and fellow plastic surgeon Dr. Barrick was the person handling the complaints?

Of course his negligence is not good for his career!

He's probably the laughing stock of the industry now.

What arrogance to call himself the " Michaelangelo of Fat ".
He's a redneck from Galveston, Texas who is trying oh so hard to join the league of NY high society.

He'd probably be more successful branding cattle since he seems to enjoy sadistic mutilation.

He's probably exhausted trying to suppress everybody. The wearecolemanpatients.com website was originally shut down because Coleman violated HIPPA laws by sending medical records to godaddy.com attempting to claim he owns the rights to the pictures being displayed.

Tiring hiding so many lies upon lies isn't it Syd? I hear it's showing up in his appearance lately, that he's lost a lot of weight and looks sickly and red in the face from a rash-like condition.

In life Syd, what you steal and is not yours to have, you may get it for a while but you won't keep it sweetheart. And believe me that collective payback from all the people who know what a vile, phony person you are will be nothing but tears for you in the same way you've caused so much grief for us, but in due time, in due time.

So Julio, you sound fixable. Most people aren't.

I met with and spoke with so many women whom he literally hacked. In on 87 pound older woman he left two deep symmetrical liposuction holes in each buttock cheek and made her look so unhuman that her husband left her, she couldn't work, and for the remainder of her life she told people that she was struck by a truck because it was the only believable explaination as to why she was so grossly battered, swollen, warped and inhuman-looking.

This man belongs behind bars. I don't care if he's done hundreds of beautiful work.

What he did to even just a few of his patients was way beyond the standard procedure, intentionals assault, battery and it is CRIMINAL.
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   Heather Morgan 0 Votes
ATTENTION ANY COLEMAN PATIENT WHO WAS MISLED BY HIM AND INJURED AS A RESULT. PLEASE CONTACT ME. I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Corey Taylor Clegg -1 Votes
I am pleased with Heather's comments, regarding Coleman's state of mind. He seemingly is begining to understand Karma, and apparently is keeping tabs on this post here. Heather, you have given me the strength to speak out one more time here. As there is something which I had forgotten to mention.

Sydney, I "NEVER" gave permission for you to remove fat from my belly area....in your attempt to create a sixpack look, like the picture that you shoved in front of my face.....while I was about to go under, telling me that all of the models were now doing this? I thought it looked bizarre and distinctly recall.....scrunching up my face with a look of distaste, which in itself would indicate disapproval. I liked my belly looking natural.

You did not have the right to harm me and to alter my look. You have nearly destroyed me and I have suffered severe depression because of what you have done. Yes, suicide crossed my mind too. Yet, I am here still.....stronger than ever. A force to be reckoned with, because those of us harmed by you have come together in a group.....and we are not alone any longer. We are the voices of the truth and we shall prevent you from doing this to others. Your career must end, it is the only resolution.

Although I have now I have learned to accept, the ughly crooked line that you created, which runs from my belly to between my breasts, I will never accept anything less, than your taking responsibility for having left me deformed. And may I ask, why was I under for seven hours, when I only requested fine lines minimized around my eyes and for plumping of my lips for a more youthful look? Was it $24, 000.00 that you were paid?

And why has this post not been forced down? Because we are telling the truth.
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   Corey Taylor Clegg 0 Votes
Those researching Sydney Coleman, do not be taken in by his post... stating that he is in the process of taking legal measures against false claims being presented here. Listen with your heart to what we are sharing. Do not risk your safety, by believing his attempt at burying us even further. He can stall on that one forever. Meanwhile, he is being paid for experimenting on the unsupecting and vulnerable.

Sydney Coleman, you were not there, when I so lost my sanity for a time... so much that when contemplating suicide, I informed my daughter that I was considering this. My child suffered and endured the trauma, not only of seeing her "Mother" disfigured, but was forced by you...to live in constant fear of losing her as well!"

I felt defeated before, but now I am strong enough to begin feeling angry over what you have done to me. I have that right and I just may post a few pictures of my own in time. They will not lie. It is so obvious that I went from a fairly attractive woman, to a hideous beast within seven hours under your Frankenstein/Hitler mindset. And I did not appreciate that you made me to feel unattractive, by stating that my facelift prior to your injections, did not do much to... enhance my appearance. Tell the patient they look terrible during a consultation, if that is what it takes to get them secured for you.

And what was with your getting onyour knees before me, just as I was about to go into surgery, looking up into my eyes..telling me that I had a beautiful body? I was left very confused as you suddenly stood up and started pointing out multiple flaws on it and my face that you wanted to correct in a rapid fire fashion. Hear this again folks, I was under great stress, about to go in for surgery and he is making sales pitches to me, a zillion in a nono-second! You are no better than a sleazy dishonest car salesman. Worse even.

People, find the courage to join in.. if Coleman has done this to you. You are not alone any longer.. he is going down! And you deserve to be here..waving good-bye!
 15th of Mar, 2008 by   Heather Morgan 0 Votes
Cory Taylor Clegg's story is like deja vu; like a cookie-cutter pattern of varying experiences that I've heard from so many different patients in so many variations and degrees of severity.

He fed me the same lie that he would make my stomach look more attractive and toned.

Let me tell you that he made me so emaciated looking that I literally would get sick looking at what he had done to me. He hacked my inner thighs, took fat from my pubic bone and even some tissue out of my vagina. Yes, vagina.

This is personal but people need to know.

After my surgery my outer labia would always slant to one side and later when I heard another patient tell me that Coleman took every ounce of tissue 360 degrees from her vagina, leaving her outer labia protruding like an appendige, or in her words, made her look as if she had a small penis, a lightbulb went off in my head and I forced myself to shave and "observe" to see if this was the reason why my outer labia kept going to one side. Sure enough one side was flatter than the other accounting for this peculiar asymmetry. Although he didn't suck tissue dry the way he did with that woman, like I said,varying degrees of severity, yet still the same act of violation and in my opinion symbolic sexual mutilation.

He was supposed to take fat from nowhere near this area, but did it anyways. Wow, fine line between having a big ego and playing God....just because you can?

Another disturbing pattern: he literally yelled at me on the day of my surgery while I was naked in my robe. I passed it off as irritation over my nervous need to reiterate our game plan before the final surgery. Then he completely lit up when he got on his knees before my naked body marking me swiftly, became very "happy",very friendly. He looked almost sheepish and red in the face. I thought this behavior very odd.

People always wonder why his patients don't sue him and why such an unscrupulous person is still practicing. I think most patients are embarrassed and ashamed;defeated. I was either extremely depressed or very angry but when one's physical identity is changed overnight one is completely bogged down with the task of attempting to reverse or fix it.

Secondly, malpractice attorneys generally do not take plastic surgery cases because it's "elective". It's costly for them and not big money generally. This has got to change. Plastic surgery is a booming industry yet poorly regulated,an open invitation for cesspools of frauds and predatory hacks like Coleman.

Thirdly, with plastic surgery lawsuits, other plastic surgeons are generally unwilling to speak out about the doctor even if they know how unscrupulous he or she is. You can't proceed with a lawsuit without an expert witness. This leaves the patient foisted in a helpless, defeated position from the start regardless of whether or not the poor outcome was due to an honest mistake on the part of a surgeon, or a history of gross negligence.

Sydney Coleman knows how the system works and is continuing to inflict his opportunistic modus operandi, albeit in varying degrees of severity,to varying patients, perhaps even sparing a few...........why?

A l l b e c a u s e h e c a n.

Those of you considering breast augmentation with lipostructure please, um, don't. In 2007 the ASPS and ASAPS went so far as to issue a warning against it. It's simply not proven to be safe and Coleman patients know firsthand that he's very aggressive in kicking up scar tissue. This man is so unscrupulous he's going against the grain of common medical sense! To attempt to put fat,which has a high concentration of stem cells in an organ that's already a doosey as far as being a classic caner-prone organ. Even family practice MDs know this.

I know how hard it is to walk with your head up when people no longer react to your attempt to communicate facially, even look away in discomfort or disgust. It's virtually impossible not to spiral. But let's be clear here. Elective or not, he must inform you of the TRUE risks involved, the probable outcome and alternatives. Furthermore to operate on areas without your consent is assault and battery.

If other plastic surgeons who treat Coleman patients are reading this, please ask yourself if what Coleman does to people would be acceptable if the patient was a family member, close friend, or even yourself. Maybe some of these patients seem to deserve it. Maybe they seem cookey or irritating and it seems a draining, fruitless task to help them. But no one deserves to have their life destroyed over a greedy plastic surgeon like Coleman. Money is not everything in life and the effects of the suffering go beyond just the patient. My aging parents suffered as much, grieving the absence of their daughter and her change from a hopeful,bright-eyed person to someone whose cynicism nearly led to suicide. My kids suffered immensely from my financial loss.

Please help if you can. Speak out. This man may not be killing people on the O.R. table, but what he's doing to people may as well be considered "death by a thousand cuts". Other plastic surgeons can't really help you, another cut. Your lover is no longer attracted to you, another cut. Lawyers don't want your case, another cut. You're humiliated by the smirks and pity glances of your co-workers, another cut.

Please keep the industry reputable and standardized by speaking out against him, if not motivated by any but knowing that someone as highly certified as he is discrediting the likes of those plastic surgeons who are honest and do things the hard but right way even if it means less money and less recognition. Consumers are told that if a plastic surgeon is board certified, you're at least in the clear for unscrupulous, risky outcomes. If board certification doesn't mean a damn thing, where does this leave the surgeons who deserve the certification when it's stained by those who don't? A real shame.
 15th of Mar, 2008 by   Heather Morgan 0 Votes
I forgot to add that another reason patients are unsuccessful pursuing malpractice lawsuits against Coleman in particular is because many patient fall into a psychology of being confused in a transition state with the infiltrated areas monstrously swollen, as often warned by Coleman and his staff, to being misled that you must wait at least 3-4 months for the
"final" result.

You may experience a mixed bag from believing that your swollen face will in fact subside to the desired outcome you and he had discussed, to noting that he had operated on certain areas without your consent but that perhaps, just perhaps they were innocuous oversights on his part intended to subtley enhance the areas you consented to.

As a patient,you're at
a disadvantage, completely dependent on him. It took me only a few days to realize he had taken fat from areas I never consented to, but it took me at least 6-7 months to realize that I wasn't an isolated case of bad luck from a good surgeon,but that I had been truly defrauded and violated when a doctor told me I had considerable internal scar tissue. It took me even longer to realize he had infiltrated my facial muscle layer, and it took me almost 2 years before I realized he had removed some tissue from my vagina. The more I learned, the more I realized how much he had deviated from standard procedure.

Many patients may not even know what hit them. They know he did a terrible job, and was reckless, but that may be the extent of it.

Some patients know immediately after surgery, for example, patients who had their entire face done when only small fragments were requested.

In my case, it was far more insidious. He stayed within the boundaries of the facial markings, but absolutely made a puffy asymmetrical mess of them, and I spent a few months praying it would look normal, praying because after all he's certified by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, presumably one of the strictest boards for aesthetic standards.

Hmmm, patient + Lipostructure = Neanderthal/bells Palsy/transvestite face. You do the math.

The biggest irony is that Coleman patients often go to him because they won't risk getting messed up by any plain Joe plastic surgeon.

Who can criticize this thinking: here's a permanent and natural result that a highly certified surgeon is promising to be the newest development in soft tissue augmentation, he specializes in that and only that, other doctors hear his lectures and claims and therefore refer patients to him, he charges up to 5x more than any surgeon because his special technique is more labor-intensive and detailed. The patient meets him in person and he impresses you with the level of precision to his meticulous attention to details, photographing you from every which angle, verbally assuring you he will perform towards the goal you are seeking. Wow, with that sort of pre-op assurance, who wouldn't fall for it?

Grandparent Scams