logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Buckelldesigns
Beware of buckelldesigns (pennyauctiondesignteam)
2. (1 mins ago)
pennyauctiondesignteam.com
Scammers
3. (1 mins ago)
eqlSoft Pvt ltd.
Fraud / Taking money from employees for experience letter after completion of the bond also /
4. (8 mins ago)

Dish Network

Posted:    vsarya

Installation Lies

Dish Network
I ordered my Dish network service in March 2010 through GWDISH. The order was for one dual room HD DVR receiver and one regular receiver. When the installer came to my home, he choose to install a regular dual room DVR receiver instead of an HD receiver. When I noticed the problem 3 days after the install I called Dish and informed them of the problem. Dish network representatives told me that since I am asking for an upgrade I have to pay $110 for upgrade. I told them that this problem is caused by the person who came for the install but the CSR told me nothing can be done now and if I choose to leave I have to pay approx $410 for early termination. So far I have talked with service representatives, their supervisors and also complained online but only to find that the customer service don't care now that I have signed a 2 year agreement. They are rude and very unfriendly. GWDISH agrees that the order was for an HD receiver but dish is not ready to acknowledge what GWDISH says.

My TV only allows one AV connection and one S-video connection. Both are being taken by the dish receivers. If my kids want to play wii they have to wait for me for the evening so I can change the connection. The same goes for connecting my PC to my TV. I always have to switch cables which is very very irritating especially when I have to deal with the receiver that I didn't ask for.

I will somehow manage to finish my 2 years but will make sure that none of my friends or anyone I know ever join dish network and I for sure will never ever look at dish network.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Why Consumers Can't Avoid Unplanned Purchases