logo

Posted: 2011-06-24 by    elainegaddiel

Undue Enrichment

Discovery
South Africa
I joined Discovery for the second time in April this year (2011) and the first premium of R445.00 was debited from my bank account ahich was to cover me for the month of May 2011. I visited the doctor twice in May and due to a technical error, my plan was cencelled by Discovery. I was told that since I was not entitled to be covered, I would be reimbursed whatever was due to me after the Doctor whom I visited was paid. Discovery then debited my account for a further R890.00 at the end May 2011 after the cover was cancelled. I then received a call from the Doctor telling me that Discovery was refusing to pay them because my cover was cancelled.
It is now already almost the end of June and I still didnt receive any reimbursement of any monies that was taken by Discovery. It is unfair that Discovery should have taken so much of my money and refuses to pay the Doctor's fees which is only R300.00 from what the Doctor tells me.
Discovery was so quick to cancel my medical aid due to a minor mistake but they are sure to take money that do not belong to them.
Imagine doing this to a good few poeple?
Discovery is just getting rich by stealing from the poor.
I wouldlike my money returned to me and if Discovery does not want to pay the Doctor, then they must return the entire amount and I can then pay the Doctor myself.
It is really tough and I chose to take medical aid so that I can have peace of mind in case I need medical care.
Comments South Africa Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Beware Fake Charities