logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
BSJY CO LTD BEIJING CN
Seller ignores me and doesn’t deliver order
2. (19 mins ago)
Payout checque

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Directv, El Segundo, California Complaints & Reviews - DirecTV Equipment Return Scam

DIRECTV, LLC Contacts & Informations

2230 East Imperial Highway
El Segundo, California
Phone: 8005315000
directv.com
After closing and canceling our DirecTV service in July, we were sent a box by FedEx Ground which contained a prepaid USPS return label. Our DirecTV equipment was carefully packed and dropped off in July at our local post office and returned using DirecTV's USPS return label. On August 6, 2011, our account was charged $401.74 by DirecTV. Upon calling DirecTV, they claimed that our equipment was never returned and they refused to refund our account or try to locate the returned equipment. Since the USPS return label was created on DirecTV's account, we are unable to file a claim with USPS. DirecTV refused to file a claim with USPS. After researching online, we found that this is very common with customers who close their accounts with DirecTV. There are numerous complaints to be found online about this scam by searching for the phrase "DirecTV Equipment Return Scam". Since the burden of proof is upon the customer to prove that the equipment was returned, customers are essentially helpless against these charges. DirecTV's business practices are unethical and should be considered mail fraud since the United States Postal Service is used to scam customers. We will not stop until this is resolved.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Aug, 2011 by   Lisitag 0 Votes
Oh my!!! just reading your complaint makes me give my sympathies out to you! This company DIRECT TV is the worst unethical and not to mention when you connect to speak to in Spanish.. it is as if you are in Mexico City, they have no clue to what is going on, they put you on hold forever, then you have to explain the story again, as of now they are still sending me letters and they used to call my cell phone but, I told them they could call all they wanted to and send me to the credit bureau my credit is already in poor state and one more idiot company is not goin to ruin my life.. Life is too short and this kind of stress I can do without. But, they should be report to the Better Business Buruea or call Chanel 7 or Chanel or any channel that has an investigating group or department and have these people on the news!

Driving Cross Country for Free