logo

Jump Up Media
Cold Call Scam
5. (50 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-07-28 by    Shonda Airehart

customer service

DirecTv
Texas
I have had service for less than 2 months and their equipment has gone out and they are not sending anyone out to replace it for 5 days. I asked them to quit telling me what their computer said and call their service department and ask them to fit me in and they said they do not work that way. I talked to 2 supervisors and they act as if they could care, I told them I can not walk due to surgery and must remain in my bed or a chair ( and the Olympics are on), they do not care I am not a priority they have me under contract now, by the way I asked to be let out so I could find a company that would help me and they said no way!!! DirecTv doesn't care about their customers at all!!!
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2008 by   Sharon Jones 0 Votes
I switched from Charter Communications in September 2007 so my husband could get the "Sports Pkg" that DirecTV offers. What a mistake! I can't go back to Charter because DirecTV made me take a 24 month contract!

I left my husband 3 months ago and had DirecTV moved. It has been such a problem since getting customer service, can't get an online account set-up. It keeps showing the previous acct activity but they can't change it and wants to know why I want to change my account number???? I said, Well it would be nice to have my "current" account show up so I can view my statements, pay my bill, etc.". But they couldn't change it.

My HD channels keep going off...just a black screen. They can't seem to get that corrected either.

When I call I spend at LEAST an hour and most of the time MORE on the phone just waiting for a CSR.
They have no other contact information listed on their Web Site so you can write a letter or anything.

I WANT OUT OF THIS CONTRACT. I've got til Oct of 2009!!!
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Yves Klein 0 Votes
I actually really like my DirecTV service--have had few problems and if there are any they can readily be fixed. What I do have a problem with is their customer service reps who are clearly in Calcutta or something.

I'm not some xenophobe. I love foreigners...at my cocktails parties...NOT when I'm trying to explain a problem or issue in customer service. They respond like "Hindi Robots" as they are trained to repeating in monotone "yes, m'am, " "no, m'am." And it's infuriating on a human level but also on a socio-economic level. This country is in financial dire straits and DirecTV is so inhuman as to hire foreigners for cheap labor. I'm sickened by this. I am going to be shopping for a new satellite/cable provider.
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   cmason08 0 Votes
Wow! Way to be racist. :) How do you feel?

I'm a directv employee and I'm located in the United States, as are 14, 000 of my co-workers.

So.. maybe you should think about that.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   MiamiShap 0 Votes
Called today (7/4) because I'm not getting a signal. I lost my power last night and the electric crew had to move my satellite away from the meter box. It was installed literally right next to it when they had a lot of other spaces on that same way to install it. Granted, it's Independence Day, but the first appt. I can get to have someone check it out is Thursday, 7/9. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was directed to a cold woman who was nasty and disrespectful. She asked if I'd like to be transferred to the cancellation department, but advised that I would incur a penalty because of my contract. She also advised that it will cost me $49.95 for the service call. I explained that the problem was with where they installed the satellite. She responded, "you signed the completion order, didn't you?" Well actually I wasn't at home when it was installed. With the amount I pay them each month ($140+), I would expect better, more respectful service. I can't stand dealing with these people. Awhile back they took it upon themselves to switch me from a paper bill to an electronic bill, and then had the nerve to charge me a late fee when I didn't pay my bill on time. I explained I never received it, and they sell, well we sent it to you via email. That's bullshit.

And another thing, every time is sprinkles I lose my satellite signal.

DON''T SUBSCRIBE TO DIRECTV -- YOU'LL REGRET IT.
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   CAndres 0 Votes
I have been a Driectv customers for over 8 years...I have 3 recievers and one has not worked in over 2 years...I have called Directv and tried to get upgrades and tried to get them to review our services but due to the fact that we have been a good longstanding customer they can not help us...If however we were a new customer we could get all new equipment at no charge and we could get discounts on all of our servicesand tey would replace our sucky reciever that doesn't work...Is there something wrong with this picture????? Screw the good dedicated customers and cater to the new customers... That is what I am being told...DirecTV needs to get there head out of their ass and take care of the customers who have made them what they are today...
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   pitters 0 Votes
I have also had the service for 8 years--its better than cable but when the system blacks out during a storm..that aggravates me..
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   CUSTOMER8520215454 0 Votes
Directv has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD CANCEL!!!

DIRECTV REPRESENTATIVES & SUPERVISORS ARE PIECES OF CRAP WHO COULD CARELESS ABOUT YOU (THE CUSTOMER). MOST OF THE TIME ITS JUST THE TONE YOU TALK TO A CUSTOMER WITH. IF YOU (THE REP) CAN JUST SHUT UP LONG ENOUGH & LISTEN WHAT THE CUSTOMER IS COMPLAINING ABOUT, THEN MAYBE SPEAK WITH FRIENDLY HELPING TONE YOU MIGHT WOULD WIN THE FIGHT, BUT THE MORE YOU THE REPRESENTATIVE RUSH & GET OFFENSIVE WITH THE CUSTOMER WILL JUST LOSE YOU ANOTHER CUSTOMER. EVEN THE NEWS SAID DIRECTV HAD THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. DIRECTV SHOULD BE LISTENING...ESPECIALLY IF THE NEWS COMPLAINS ABOUT YOU.

EXTREMELY UNHAPPY WITH DIRECTV & HOPES ONE DAY THEY SHUT COMPLETELY DOWN...HA!
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   BUDMASTER 0 Votes
My number 1 worst vendor - getting just like AOL. Lies, deceit, worst customer service EVER..
As soon as my contract is up ...BYE BYE !!!
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   orchidsvb +1 Votes
Direct TV is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. only few months since coming on board with them. I have never been lied to as much in my life as I have been by this company. My "contract" price has already gone up three times in four months. Free HD for life, that's a load of crap - I am now paying an extra $5.00 per month for that. While they do keep your package price the same, the way they work around it is by raising the price of the equipment needed in order to get their package. They are deceitful to say the least. I am so sorry I left the past cable company that I had for over 30 years, at least with my former they were honest.
 20th of Mar, 2011 by   BruceBl 0 Votes
I disconnected from DirecTv 1-12-2011 and - after an unnecessarily long termination phone call where the customer service rep quizzed me on why I left and would I return as a customer if they offered blah blah blah (non of which they offered while I was a loyal customer)- returned their receiver and access card on 1-22-2011 in the box they provided. Got 2 statements afterward showing no balance due. On 03-15-2011, they sent a bill of $4.23 for a PPV movie dated 01-28 (no year.) When I called to inquire, I was told it was rented/viewed 01-28-2007, more than 4 years earlier. Since their on-line statements only go back two years, I had no way to show that, either I already paid, or that (as I believe) the movie was a "free" rental they offered to promote the PPV service. No matter whether I paid for the rental or not, billing for services provided 50 months earlier is certainly not going to convince me to reconnect.
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   molliewollie 0 Votes
There was another post on here that said when they disconnected their service they were charged for movies from 9 years ago.
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Irewoulfe 0 Votes
Why are you screwing over the long term customers that made you what you are today? I believe Krystal stated I had been a customer since 2003, I was looking to lower our monthly bill, AND get our outdated antiquated equipment replaced. The only way I could do that was to cancel my service and become a new subscriber... Krystal indicated that she understood and that she would process our cancellation. NEVER did she indicate that DirecTV would not allow the following.
So I cancelled my service and had my wife activate a new account so that we could get the whole home DVR service (tired of the 'record one, both or cancel notice), and new receivers and reduce our monthly cost by $20-30 while getting a greater DirecTV experience. Today you folks call and cancel our installation and accuse us of being 'criminals' and that DirecTV does not allow this and that we will now be without service for 24 months before we can re-subscribe.
That is a nice "Thank You for being your customer for so long".
Why can't LONG TIME subscribers get receivers and equipment upgrades (AT RESONABLE INTERVALS). Even the phone companies do that.
Our old 2003 Hughes RXs won't do HD, the DVR does 2 channels. Luckily last visit (DVR install) the technician put in a DTV antenna to replace the original DISH antenna that we had to use since our move in 2007.

So again I ask, "Why are you shafting us long time subscribers when you offer such a grand deal to new clients?"
BTW, when you deny an install when your own CS rep does not indicate any inpropriety and then infer that we are criminals for attempting this 'fraudulent act', we usually end up in the legal arena. Which will be fine by me, I can't wait for Dish and the media to get wind of this one.
So, there you have it, one VERY pissed off, dis-satisfied customer.
Likely no one will read this and we will get screwed by a company we have supported and made the premier sat provider on the planet. Unfortunately you forgot who put you there. Read my blogs.
 15th of May, 2013 by   hardmoney 0 Votes
Communicating with DirecTv customer service is like communicating with a fourth world country. After one boiler room phone call, which includes 5 or 6 transfers, supervisors and ultimately, the sound of a disconnected line, I end up feeling as though I've left the Twilight Zone. I was even hung up on once because I had not decided whether to switch my cable company yet and did not want to give them my credit card until I had made my decision.

Corporate must be fully aware, but continues to encourage this type of non service, because they can. DirecTv is enjoying a captive audience, which includes little competition for its product. If I do not care for a particular brand of appliance, or their customer service after my purchase, I can choose to bring my business to at least 10 others. Not so with TV.

The day more options of TV service are offered besides DirecTv, cannot come soon enough.
 16th of May, 2013 by   hardmoney 0 Votes

16th of May, 2013 by   hardmoney 0 Votes

1st of Feb, 2014 by   jamesandjam 0 Votes
i have been a loyal Direct-V customer for almost ten years. I have lost the channels including, cloo, weather, soap, and now my favorite Saturday afternoon westerns on the Insp channel. But my rate increases have not been lost. I'm not really sure who is running the show at Direct-V, buts its clear they are out touch with the consumers. I will be shopping for a new provider. Oh yea I had to watch Saddle up Saturday at my Moms on TIME WARNER, can you hear me now.

Beware Pawn Shops