logo

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT INFO

Direct Buy
All locations
Phone: All locations
I found this information when researching Direct Buy and wanted to post it where all posters alledging Direct Buy is a scam in their post. I have no affliation with this class action lawsuit, any parties who filed the lawsuit or direct buy. This is for informational purposes only.

241 days ago by DirectBuy Victim 0 Votes

DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam.
Help spread the word...
A Federal Class Action lawsuit against DirectBuy has been filed by Izard Nobel LLP. Contact information is as follows
Lead Attorney - Jeff Nobel
email - jnobel@izardnobel.com
toll free phone# - (800) 797-5499
Please contact them so justice may prevail & we can get our hard earned money aka "membership fees" back.

Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Nothing but a scam, please let me know of any class action law suits!
 20th of Aug, 2008 by   Robin Graham 0 Votes
Total waste of money! Didn't save any money. Could do without the hassle and be better with my money back. Don't buy this membership. I wish I had done my homework before showing up for presentation.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   k verrett 0 Votes
I wouls love to get out of my current agreemet with direct buy? is there any way? let me know if someone finds a loop hole...kv
Houston, TX
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   Rita Robinett 0 Votes
I agree totally. I have a lawyer but i have to do all research. I am dis abled and ive been trying to do comparables but its too much for me .And they change a lot of imfo. Like one week i got some prices from there site then it said i had to come to showroom for price. And whats up with the catologs they send .they have cost on certain items only.deception is the word to describe it.Also the items online says shoroom pickup. just not true.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   deb55 0 Votes
there has to be a way out of the contract please if anyone knows share it im on ssi and what a mistake, please if any help e-mail at dporter5071@comcast.net thanks
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE 0 Votes
PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY CLASS ACTION SUITS AND HOW TO GET OUT OF THE MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT!!!
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   me!! 0 Votes
I agree totally. I emailed the owner and explained that due to unforseen circumstances, that I could no longer pay my membership dues and they were totally unsympathetic to my situation!!! There HAS to be something I can do to get out of this membership!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Furious25 0 Votes
Are you still in your contract? What did they tell you when you tried to cancel?
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   bettershopperthanmbshipclub 0 Votes
It will be a miracle and a prayer answered. I long for the day they
are prevented from doing any business whatsoever in any state.
This company is horrible, the franchise owners are filled with
greed, neglect, and dishonesty. They used their corporate dollars
to cover up quite a few things that some of us have knowledge about.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   JustTheRealFacts 0 Votes
For all the folks who are asking about the Federal lawsuit filed against Directbuy, please note that there are now TWO Federal RICO lawsuits filed in the U.S. Federal District Court for Connecticut.

The first one was filed on August 20, 2008 and is entitled "Ponzi et al v. DirectBuy Inc. et al.
The second was filed on April 13, 2009 and is entitled "Wilson et al v. DirectBuy Inc. et al.

Here is a link where you can verify this imformation:

Good luck wiht your shopping! ;-)
 6th of May, 2010 by   DickT 0 Votes
Direct Buy is a total JOKE. I bought into there BS almost three years ago. I have tried about 20 times to buy something though them at there so called special pricing. After getting the 'Direct Buy' pricing I was always able to get a better price on the internet and didn't have to wait 3-5 weeks as they always stated in there quotes. On thing I was interested in when I joined was that they could bet the warehouse pricing on TV's and electrical products. I requested quotes on 6 TV's since I joined and they couldn't get close to getting them through Amazon.com. Don't waste your money!! I am going to sue or join a Class Action suit against them for my money.
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   vallejomx 0 Votes
DIRECT BUY IS A TOTAL SCAM, SO COMPLICATED TO BUY ANYTHING EITHER ON LINE OR AT THEIR FACILITIES THEY MAKE IT SO DIFICULT TO DO ANYTHING.
ALL VICTIMS FROM THESE SCAMMERS NEED TO GET TOGHETHER AND STOP THEM FROM CONTINUING TO STEAL PEOPLE'S MONEY IS UNVELIVABLE THAT THEY ARE STILL OPERATING IN THE GOOD USA AND STILL RUNNING ALL THIS COMERCIALS ON TV ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE.
LETS GO AFTER THEM CLASS ACTION SUIT ALL THE WAY.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   RetiredLEO 0 Votes
We were suckered by Direct Buy too: 1) our showing ended right before closing so we only had 5 minutes to sign the unread contract; 2) they state, "...whether you need it now or 10 years from now..." when in fact they know we will be paying for years on a fraudulent contract and membership is only about 1.5 years and 3) they then close the location you were near and you are required to drive across state to acquire products. As learned in college, because they changed their name (i.e., Direct Buy Club), they "may" already be in Bankruptcy! Thank you Lord, it could not have happened to a more deserving business group of criminals!
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   suckeredclub 0 Votes
how do you get to be part of class action suit against Direct Buy?They are crooks and something needs to be done about them!
Every thing I have read is the same with me.After they get your money then they are through with you.I have wore my self out and worked my self intsuckeredo an ulcer fighting for justice trying to communicate with direct Buy .they have lied and plainly stole people's money.
suckered!
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Jeff Seb 0 Votes
I hate direct buy there a bunch of thefts who should be put in jail with the rest the the criminals in the world. I am from Canada Ontario and we were told the same lies saying were are going to save all this money if we joing and pay $5000. We look at the prices in the price books and notices it is cheapter to purchase items at the store then go there and have the steal money from us. Never join again and hope they get what is coming to them.
 9th of Jan, 2011 by   Adpro -2 Votes
I am personally a directbuy member and I find it saves me quite a bit of money. It all depends what you are buying. We just purchased an old house, so buying tiles and things like that through directbuy saves us a lot of money for our renovations, and we have saved our membership fees within a year of being a member. Also, I feel most of the posts above about directbuy are from one dis-satisfied customer. If you notice, most of the posts are posted by someone with very poor grammar skills and uses the word 'there' for 'their'.

Name me one product that you can find for cheap and I will tell you what price I can get it for at directbuy.

I will say that they use some pretty strange tactics for trying to get you to sign up. However, we were able to sucker them into letting us wait a year before signing up. It's all sales at the beginning, but you really do save when you're purchasing a lot of large items.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   LEO SANCHEZ +2 Votes
I got sign into this company early 2008 i have the same issues every one of you have if there is a way to get my money back i atleast some of it that would be great
i am the regular type of american from pay to pay i dont have the freedom to ignore an amount that big if there is some help available i would like to know thanks.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   dfrom 0 Votes
I joined DirectBuy a few years ago to furnish a home. My dining room set was available from both DirectBuy and a local furniture store. The furniture store had free delivery and set up and the cost was the SAME as DirectBuy without its delivery charge--something I needed since I had no means of moving a breakfront, let alone the table, six chairs and a server. Other items I ordered were never available and no one ever contacted me to inform me that the order could not be filled. I did order a butcher's rack which I picked up at the freight company which was closer to my home than the DirectBuy showroom was --the workers at the freight company at least helped me. Larger items at DirectBuy itself are a nightmare--no one will help and I, a single senior citizen woman, had to push, pull and try to move boxes into my SUV. Hooray for the lawsuit!
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Skirough -2 Votes
Prove that the prices are cheaper in the store. I'm a member and I saved much more money than the membership fees. I think most of you don't use the service or are lying. My experience has been very satifactury and without complaint. I also see many of the complainers on this website cant spell well at all. Credibility is lost when your spelling is wrong and most PC's do have spell check.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   runningbear11 +1 Votes
Very Interesting to all that post "positive " experiences with Direct Buy...seems that grammer is more important than the money people have been scammed. First of all I would like to send my heart felt sorrows to all that have had losses and the numerous negative experiences...and THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM JOINING. I find great deals on the internet and local shopping...it is time consuming BUT Id rather spend money elsewhere. GOOD LUCK IN THE LAWSUITS. I didnt use spellcheck

Beware Oil Change Coupons