logo

Empire international
exploiting minors
2. (12 mins ago)
Compugra systems Inc
Worst payroll processing and the President/Owner is the biggest liar.
3. (20 mins ago)
FT Natural Inc
They took full sum and told me that I wouldn’t get it back
4. (26 mins ago)

DentalPlans.com

Posted:    Alexa

Scam

DentalPlans.com
I have a contract with Aetna Dental Access/DentalPlans.com for discounted dental procedures. Today I had a root canal and the plans on-line site lists a discount of $501.00. The actual discount was only $111.00. When I talked with Veronica at Dental Plans, she stated that the on-line discount was just a "sample" and offered to challenge the dentist's charge. His charge was exactly what I expected, so I have no problem with that. I believe this is false advertising on the part of Dental Plans and I would like to have my #390.00 refunded. If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is.
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jul, 2010 by   SamanthaDentalPlans 0 Votes
Hello Alexa,

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience, and we will do what we can to resolve this issue that you have brought to our attention.

Please call us toll free at 1-800-494-9294, Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm CST, so that we can help you with one of the following solutions:

1. Contact your dentist – Please call us and provide the name of your dentist and ZIP code of the dental practice, so that we can contact the dentist to help you resolve this issue and negotiate the rate of the dental care on your behalf.

2. Switch plans – We can even help you choose another discount dental plan and switch your plan at no cost.

The response you received from our service representative was accurate. The Sample Savings listed online are in fact samples, as indicated by their namesake. We have included this disclaimer from Aetna on our website:

“Charges may vary from the sample fee schedule above. Consult with your provider prior to beginning any treatment. Aetna makes no guarantee as to the accuracy of any particular fee amount.”

We have been dedicated to helping our members save money on their dental care since 1999, and we would love to do the same for you.

Please give us a call at 1-800-494-9294. We look forward to your giving us another opportunity to better serve you.

DentalPlans.com Member CARE
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   dawnkitty 0 Votes
Watch out folks.. I was very interested in this Discount Plan that DentalPlans.com offered..my dentist was on their list, I was thrilled! I called and asked a question about the plan and the guy who answered was very enthusiastic, "oh yes your dentist does have the plan", etc etc he tried to get me to sign up right then but I told him I wanted to be sure my dentist did in fact honor the plan. Im so glad I waited because my dentist had no knowledge of it. I called DentalPlans.com back and they said well, they just didnt recognize it because you told them the name of the card..tell them it is a dental discount plan by cigna ..so I call my dentist back and once again no..he did accept health insurance thru cigna but he had NEVER signed up for this dental discount plan, he had called DentalPlans.com to inquire about why his name was associated with it and was told that if a dentist signed up with Cigna or Aetna Insurance that they are automatically enrolled in this discount plan, but then it is up to them if they want to ACCEPT it or not...apparently they arent informed of it, because I have read other complaints online of other dentists having NO idea they are supposedly signed up with these dental discount plans...ANYWAY..so now we know the truth..my dentist was AUTMATICALLY ENROLLED and put on the website even though he had never signed up for it...so I called DentalPlans.com back and told a different person this time that my dentist who was listed with them said he had no idea about it..he says Oh yes your dentist IS listed, how did you describe the plan to him? I told him and he said well sometimes dentists get confused..I interupted and said no he is not confused, and that he had never signed up for it, that he was automatically enrolled but had never accepted it..the guy then says Oh yes that is possible! DUH well, if I had not checked with my dentist before purchasing I would have been ripped off! It is FALSE ADVERTISING when you have a list of dentists on your website as being part of a plan and they really ARE NOT.
 17th of May, 2011 by   Spencer T 0 Votes
Total scam!
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   NJDevilsMom 0 Votes
Sorry to hear of the previous woman's complaint. I actually found out about Dentalplans.com through my dentist and have been a member for 3+ years after my husband's office dropped their dental insurace when the economy went south. This is legitimate, and I have refered all my friends should they need a dental discount program. The caveat is you have to pay the pre-agreed insurance rate at the time of visit... but that's better than the 100% rate otherwise. We have saved about $1000 a year with this thing (we are a family of 4) and now my kids need braces. Guess what? Orthodonture is also covered which is more than I can say for most dental plans.
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   Gcali 0 Votes
I have had Dental plan for about 5 years and never had a problem. My questions were always answered from a representative from Dentalplans.com. I have saved thousands of dollars with dental work over the years I've had the plans. I do always check with my dental office to make sure they accept the dental plan and what their fees are.
 28th of May, 2013 by   John Toms 0 Votes
This is a scam. The same thing happened to me. I needed a crown and the savings on the website was about 50% off. When I went over the charge with my dentist, they told me this is the worst dental plan that they had ever seen and the savings was about 5%. When I called to inquire about the low savings, I was told that that the 50% discount is just an average and that it varies by zip code and to maybe try a different dentist to see if they give me more of a discount for a crown. What a scam. and they wouldn't let me cancel and get my money back. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS
 15th of Jul, 2013 by   Pat50 0 Votes
Yeah, I find the practices of Aetna Dental Access indistinguishable from fraud. It is probably myself that is stupid, and it is probably legal to advertise misleading discount information. But it looks like fraud to me.
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   MarciaLF24 0 Votes
This company is out for the $$$ and don't care about his they treat customers. Read through complaints on Internet, including their refusal to credit cancer patients who can't use the service while having treatment.

DentalPlans.com is a scam and possible class action suits are in the works.
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   David Griffin 0 Votes
It's a scam.
They promise a refund one day, and the next day they send you lots of legal fine print and state that they're sorry I didn't understand the agreement. (It's like saying they're sorry I'm stupid). Watch the auto with drawls from your bank account. Don't sign an agreement like this while under the stress (and drugs) while at the dentist. The fine print (recurring payments without any notice) and the liars that promise anything to get you off the phone make this a deceptive and awful company to deal with. I'm letting everyone I know that it's ripoff...fine print or not.

Don't use this company.
 17th of Jun, 2014 by   emmasgrandma 0 Votes
I needed major dental work $13, 000 quote from my dentist & I had no insurance. My son reminded me about dental plans when he had braces as an adult. I checked it out signed up it cost me total for 15 month coverage $119.00. It reduced my dental bill from $13, 000 to about $5, 200 for the same work with the same dentist. If I had insurance it would have cost me about $576 for 12 month coverage & max they would have paid was $1500.00 of the $13, 000. On the website it was a sample savings. My dentist's rates are a little higher then the suggested rate but my % discount was the same so my cost was a little higher but I understood that because I understand how to figure out sample costs & actual cost.
They do auto deduct on renewal but when they were notified to cancel my son's coverage they refunded immediately.

How to Protect Older Americans From Fraud