logo

Charlene from blemish free
scam owner
3. (2 mins ago)
storereps.com
Fraudulent charges and I want to stop it
4. (2 mins ago)
GMC Fence
Fence not build.. He is fraud.
5. (9 mins ago)
TJX Companies
Sexual harassment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DAV Thrift Store, Lakewood, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Refused to give merchandise purchased

DAV Thrift Store Contacts & Informations

Posted:    David Hurd

Refused to give merchandise purchased

6803 W. Alameda Ave
Lakewood, Colorado
Phone: 303-274-1502
dav.org
Complaint against:

6803 W Alameda Ave
Lakewood, CO 80226-3301
(303) 274-1502

I am trying to contact someone regard a DAV Thrift store in here Lakewood, CO. I conducted a purchase just after 9 am on 8/1/09 using a Rebate Debit Visa card. The clerk grew impatent waiting and hit several buttons on the machine, then swiped the card repeatedly. The transaction finally came back Declined. Knowing the balance, we called right then and there the bank, who on line confirmed the $33.87 charge by DAV was on my card. The clerk and manager refused to give me my merchandise beccause their machine didn't print out a payment receipt. The Mgr stated that if I came back with proof he would give me my merchandise. I went online and printed out the statement and brought it back within an hour. He called his manager and they refused to give me my merchandise simply on the basis that the card machine still failed to show it. They stated I would have to come back during the weekday. I believe it is unfair to inconvience me 3 times when I have shown them proof of the transaction 2 different ways by my bank. As a contractor, I would lose pay to take time off from work to come to their store during banking hours. I am due my merchandise and also feel that I am due an apology. I was a frequent customer, shopping there 2 or 3 times a week, and should have been treated better as an honest customer and veteran.

David Hurd
7482 West Alabama Drive
Lakewood, CO 80232
HP 303-988-5280
David_L_Hurd@msn.com
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Saving on Spring Break