Cvs / Pharmacy

Posted:

Being falsely accused by loss prevention!!

4.75
CVS/Pharmacy
So i've been employed with CVS as a photo technician since sept of 2007. Never had any complaints..no serious customer issues...established a great relationship with my customers and have even been told by several corporate employees that i was one of the best employees that store ever had. So i go into work on Monday 6/14 and get called into the office by my store manager and when i go in there the new loss prevention guy is there. Im thinking he just wants to meet with all of the employees in our store because he was new. Boy was i wrong!!! He pulls out an empty lip gloss package and tells me that they have me on video removing the lip gloss from the package..concealing the lip gloss and throwing the package down the aisle. (this supposedly happened on 6/9). So my first reaction was i laughed..and i then asked them if this was some kind of joke or training excercise of some sort...i repeatedly asked him if he was really serious. He assured me that he was. I then proceeded to tell him that i did NOT take anything from this store. Especially lip gloss. He then clarified that he had seen it on video with his own two eyes. I then requested to to see this 'supposed' video IMMEDIATELY! because this is complete and utter b.s. He kept telling me that "it didn't work like that"...and then asked me if i was "comprehending" what he was saying to me. I asked him if he was comprehending the fact that i want to see this video..not now but RIGHT NOW!!I was really beginning to get highly upset and demanding to see this imaginary video!! I started to raise my voice and began to cry because the frustration of this situation was taking its toll on me. It was like i was yelling at the top of my lungs and no one even bothered to look up. So he told me what he'd do for me is talk to our district manager to investigate this further.. i said ok whatever...then i asked him..since i supposedly stole this lip gloss where did i conceal it???????????? He said "I dont know". Im like this has to be some kind of joke. Then he made sure to tell me that i was not being written up...not being suspended..not being terminated..and that i should go in the back..gain my composure and go to work and let this blow over. Im like WtF??????????????? You're accusing me of stealing and yet you want me to go back to work like nothing happened. If im stealing why would the store put their assets at risk??? It makes no sense!!! If they have me on video...why was i not terminated??? I know why..because i DIDNT TAKE ANYTHING!!! So my store manager asked me to get myself together. I told her no...im going home and i then left...about 45 mins after i got home i got a call from my store manager asking me why i reacted the way that i did and that...(get this you guys) "I WASN'T BEING ACCUSED OF ANYTHING" . Oh so youre telling me that i was in the office for close to 45 mins being told that i stole lipgloss when i know i didnt??? But i wasn't being accused of anything? Come on! what kind of game is this??? So they have been calling my phone several times a day asking me when im coming back into work...if i would like them to put me on the sched for next week. I haven't responded to anyone. I called human resources and requested a leave of absence until this situation is resolved and i receive and apology from my manager...loss prevention...and the district manager. i also filed a report with the CVS ethics line because this is just wrong. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before...and nothing about this situation makes any sense. Im hurt by being falsely accused...no matter how small the item was.. im being accused of doing something that is completely out of my character...now THAT hurts...any advice?
Complaint comments Comments (30) Complaint country United States Complaint category Bullying and Harassment at Work

Comments

20th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cvs 3000 Heights Road Aliquippa Pa 15001 - prescription not ready been waiting three days claim that their shipment didn't come in
sdmihalic@comcast.ner

I have been waiting for my prescription of Advodart for three days, each day for the past three, they would call and ask if i can wait till tomorrow, serivice as always been good, until now. I hate to leave cvs, convince me that I should stay with csv
 20th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
If you don't mind piss poor service, stay with CVS. Like I really care whether you get your Avodart!
 12th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cvs / Drugs - pharmacist
New York

The pharmacist in my area are terrible. I was in severe pain, I was given a subscription of Vicodine. She felt that the medicine that I had in the system is medicine I take everyday. So she refused to give me the script without even asking if I already spoke to m Doctor about discontinuing the other meds at the time. This women is just an example of the hundreds of morons you have on staff there. The're al just mad, because they think there Doctors, but there not. I give CVS a lot of business. Thats it now though. It's all over. I'm going to other Pharmices. Never walking into CVS again.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cvs Caremark - I had a very disappointing experience with them
CVS Caremark
cvs.com

I had a very disappointing experience with the Store Manager, Maryanne Colon. I am a long time customer at CVS, it is my drug store of choice for a long time. Today I visited the store above to print some digital pictures. I have always used a different store, on 1646 Main Ave, Clifton, NJ (# 6064) and the service is excellent. The printing machines in the 6064 store are very good.

Today, however, my pictures printed very poorly and appeared pasty. I preferred not to take them and to visit my usual CVS store instead. Ms. Maryanne was very rude to me and stated that I should have known better before I used their printing machine. She stated that "this is not a printing lab" and that next time I should print only one picture before I continue. She then proceeded to lie to me that she needed to go upstairs to speak to the "manager". I asked if I could speak to the manager myself and she stated that she "was the manager"!. I'm still not sure who really is the manager in that store! I then asked if I could speak to anyone that helps customers with digital pictures and she said that he was upstairs. Shortly after, she said that I could not speak to this person because he was not upstairs and that he is one of the "big corporate people"! This was absolutely ridiculous and very unprofessional. I do not believe that this is the way to handle a customer and it was very unprofessional for her to say one thing and then something else that was completely opposite, coupled with a nasty attitude. It was never my intention to drive to CVS, order pictures, and then not take them! A customer reserves the right not to buy something that he or she believes is of poor quality. I am very disappointed at the service I received today and I regret that Ms. Colon is tarnishing the good name of the CVS store with her behavior to customers.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
My mother had total hip replacement surgery, I had her scripts fill there, 2 days later my mother obtained a rash, i went to CVS to ask the pharmacist what I could do to relive her pain on of itching and swealing The Pharmacisits, Was rude, and to be honest a big asshole. I wanted to realive my mother of her discomfort temporality and needed advise from a pharmacist of what i should do. She said call the doctor what can I do. The cashier was more help as being a 3 yrs med student she told me what i needed to do and it worked, It makes me sad that someone like a pharmist would treat someone who had questions about health care to be rude like she was. After my brother went to urugent care yesterday they gave him scrips for emergency inhailers, he dropped them off and was told to come back a hour later, He came back and the script and it was not filled. They left it by the cash register and never turned it in. They told him to wait for another hour. Im totally disgusted from this store. I will never use this CVS again.
 28th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Actually, you should have asked the doctor, and I don't care what year med student she was/is you can't counsel a patient
 26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
That's ridiculous. I work for CVS too, and everyone is leaving my store because of the way they are being treated by the manager. She's young, so she doesn't have a hold on things. Tonight she asked me if I could work tomorrow because I didn't have anyone. I told her I couldn't because I had other commitments. She said that that commitment better be school work because that's what I get Sunday off for. I told her my personal days were just that...personal. I also told her I was not doing homework because I'm waiting for a new FASFA application to go through. She got upset with me and said that I should have told her so she could put me on the schedule for the weekend, but I told her she does the schedule 3 weeks in advance and I just found out about it. She stood there and actually called me a liar. "You should know when your semester is over." But I do Axia College of University of Phoenix online all year around. There are no semesters. I was just notified to renew my FASFA. Again, she called me a liar and said I (and I quote) "Have no right to be a supervisor if you can't be flexible." Firstly, I am flexible. I only ask for one day off out of the weekend. It's her pick. So how is that not being flexible? Secondly, I've worked for CVS for 5 years, climbing my way up the ranks and she has the nerve to tell me I'm a liar and I don't have the right to be a supervisor? I tried to call the Ethics Line (they're supposed to be 24 hours) but I've given up after 2 hours. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
 16th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

CVS - service
CVS
Rochester
New York
Phone: 585-461-3995

I have been a customer of CVS now since 1991. They have moved, I have followed. There use to be a compassionate pharmacist who worked at the store. 5 or so years ago. He went to another store. They do alot of business on thier behalf and are very busy. I understand. I also own a very busy auto parts store. If I treated my customers like the 20 or so people at there pharmacy does, well i would not be here. It's the case of the little dog with the big dog attitude. POWER . The young people who work there have as much compassoin as a cat does for a mouse. If you are in need of medication, not their problem. I have seen people in awful shape at their counter and a rabid dog is treated with more respect and consideration. I have seen 70 year old women with need of there medication, hardly being able to breath. The women just wanted to know where some things were in the store after she got her prescription and the response was, How should i know! Can't you see I work behind the counter! Why don't you look at the aisle signs. It's like if you do not like it TOUGH. There moto should be we don't care . We don't have to. Were CVS> IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER OPTION I WOULD TAKE IT!! Make a mistake on my husband prescrips..stand in line. It will be another 20 Min. Well after 2 1/2 hours waiting for 2 scrips. I AM DONE>>ps still never got. ( and I have insurance! )
 16th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Yep, they suck. Pay their employees like legal slaves but spend millions on giving to programs like Extreme Home.
 18th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Employees shouldn't act like that. Unfortunately, it's an entry level job that requires no degrees and pays minimum wage. It's likely it offers little incentive to strive for the best.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Keep trying to call them. No one has the right to call you a liar, especially on the job...
 13th of Mar, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Hi Miss, I have been treated horribly by cvs's employees, do you mind sharing contact information of cvs' ethic line? I would like to write them a little with regard to my experience in their store.

thanks.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
CVScustomer, the ethics line is for CVS employees only. Complaints are supposed to be phoned in to 1-800-SHOP-CVS. Hope this helps.
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
We have a pending complaint againts CVS for interrogation techniques, false imprisonment, etc. Please contact us about your loss prevention experiences. BTsamis@tsamisalw.com. See http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-chicago/employees-at-will
 13th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
CVS REGIONAL LOSS PREVENTION should investigate the theft of CVS MARVISTA 9493, I was terminated of raising my voice against those employees involved. Why they kept those individuals if they knew they were involved in theft. Seems like these individuals knew the privacy of company, CVS donot want to ruin their reputation.
 12th of Sep, 2011 by    +3 Votes
contact a lawyer. maybe you should sue for mental distress and get your job back. cvs deserves it. that was totally uncalled for
 14th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
What has happened to CVS pharmacy.? It always has been top notch. Now it is a disaster and I am seriously looking for another pharmacy as my medications are just too critical and important to deal with a pharmacy that apparently has too much business to handle. There seems to be trainees and people that just don't know how to handle things in the pharmacy.
 9th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I went to CVS and bought two Arizona drinks, and when I was checking out I was using the 'Do it yourself' machines. I accidentally scanned one Arizona twice, and no employee was near by so I used the other one and It malfunction, and It automatically called for Assistance. Then one of the employee came and was so serious that it felt as he was being rude. I apologized for the problem and he didn't even say anything and as he was walking away I heard him whisper ' F*cking a**hole'.

F*ck that guy, I got pissed off and felt like cursing at him. Bad service and attitude, I wonder if he's always like that.
 14th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
My prescription of oxycontin was missing 15 pills. This is the second time-my wife's prescription of soma muscle relaxer had water pills substituted for half of the pills. If she had a heart condition it could have killed her. They clearly have a thief.
 15th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
Why not go to another pharmacy if they continue to short or substitute medication ?

CVS Health Logo CVS Health