logo

Zales
Special orders
2. (9 mins ago)
marriott hotel canada
Is it true that you are doing recruitment?
3. (12 mins ago)
Bad quality!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Costco, Garden Grove, California Complaints & Reviews - Ridiculous Policy for a Change of Address - Rude and Discrmininating Customer Service

Costco Contacts & Informations

Costco

Posted: 2012-01-23 by    Lauren Hill

Costco
11000 Garden Grove Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92843
Garden Grove, California
Phone: (714) 638-6310
www.costco.com
I personally think the Costco in Garden Grove, CA by far provides the worst customer service than any other Costco around it. Let me tell you why. My husband and I needed to change our mailing address, so we BOTH came yesterday to this Garden Grove, CA location. My husband is the cardholder on the account, and I'm listed as the dependent member. All we wanted to do was to change our mailing address so we can get the mailers. That was all what we were there for. How difficult could it be? We both had our California DLs (non-expired, I might add). What more do they need to change the address? Please don't tell me that they can't verify identity with DMV DLs. All government agencies use those to verify IDs and issue replacement documents. It's funny because we had easier time requesting a change of address for DMV, credit cards, banks, and other financial institutions than trying to change the mailing address here at Garden Grove Costco. Why is that??? Interesting, you might ask?

Guess what? The associate that helped us told us that "they need proof of change of address from the cardholder". When they said "proof of address", what they really meant was, "the cardholder needs to show his/her DMV ID/DL with the new address on it". OK, so my husband, who is the cardholder, does not have his address changed yet on his DMV DL. It just happened that my DMV DL was recently renewed, so mine is already changed with the new address. Well, we asked the associate if there were other acceptable proofs of address change they would require from the cardholder. Well, they wanted us to go home to get them our utilities bills with the cardholder's name on it. Okay….well, I'm actually the one who's in charge of paying all the bills; so my husband, the cardholder, wouldn't have any of those bills in his name.

It shouldn't be that difficult to change a mailing address, should it? After all, my husband and I, BOTH CAME IN PERSON WITH BOTH OF OUR DMV DL's. Can't Costco verify our identities??? Is the burden on the customer to provide "proof of change of address" supposed to protect us, the customers, or COSTCO against some type of consumer fraud? What kind of fraud would that be, for a super store that only accepts three types of payments: 1) cash, 2) ATM, or 3) American Express CC.

I remember when we applied for Costco membership the first time, all we had to do was to show our CA ID/DL, and we could allege any mailing address we want. Yet, when we requested a change of address, they demanded for “proof of change of address”???? Even DMV doesn't require "proof of change of address" in order to change address at DMV.

So we asked to see the manager, we were presented with a racist, discriminating, incompetent person who clearly showed a total lack of management skills with the named “ANGIE”. To make matter worse, while I was standing there with my husband, there was this Caucasian lady who just came to the other side of the customer service counter next to mine, who was totally rude and pushed me over more to the opposite side of the counter and said to me, “Excuse me” in a very rude tone of voice. The reason she did that was because she wanted me to give her some more counter space because of her size she needed more space? (There's 1 counter, divided in half, each side serves 1 party/ customer) The funny thing was, when I said it back to her, “excuse you” with the same tone of voice that she just gave me, she got really mad and continued saying “excuse me” over and over and then threw term “American manner” on me like she had any. It actually cracked me up because what she just did, was a “great example of what American manner” supposed to be...LOL. She was the one who was rudely pushed me over and rudely screamed “excuse me”. But what bothered me wasn’t the fact that the Caucasian customer was rude to another customer, it was the fact that, manager ANGIE, whom I was waiting to talk to, came over, without even a hello first of all, started yelling at me for responding to the rude lady. What interesting was, manager ANGIE failed ask that rude lady, not even one word about why she was fighting for the counter space, the fight which she intiated herself...LMAO. It seemed as if manager did not want to have any problem with the Caucasians, so she felt it was safer to put the blame on the non-Caucasians? Hmmm….some racial discrimination was in the work here...

To make the story short, the female manger, “ANGIE”, proceeded to tell my husband and I, that Costco’s policy is “the cardholder must show proof of change of address”. So, I requested to speak to “the highest store manager”. A moment later, a male manager, named “PARKER” came over, supposedly the “highest store manager”. He didn’t show any interest in solving the problem. He, too, again, emphasized that “Costco accepts change of mailing address in two occasions: 1) when the card is needed to renewed, and 2) when you can provide proof of change of address.

The whole time, manager PARKER, did not initiate any solutions to the issue at hand. He intermittently listened to our story and failed to provide any suggestions to resolve the problem. I, personally repeatedly asked him if there were other options and suggested several solutions. Specifically, I asked manger PARKER if my husband and I could switch our roles around, meaning, I’d be the cardholder, and my husband can be my dependent member. I told him that my DMV DL is already having the new address on it. Twice, I asked this question to manager PARKER, and this manager totally ignored my question, like he didn't even want to liisten to what we had to say. It seemed he didn't have any intention to resolve the problem. All he wanted to do was to repeat the policy again, that he wanted the cardholder to provide proof of address for the change. He kept on repeating it like he was reading a bible. He didn’t care if we wanted to switch or that we wanted to attempt to resolve the issue. He, manager PARKER, had no intention to resolve anything, even as simple as processing a change of address or a switch in cardholder name.

Being left with no solution, we requested to cancel the membership and were refunded $50. When I requested to have the names of all the people that we were helped that day, manager PARKER was not cooperative at all and refused to give out any names. I personally had to request manager ANGIE to put her hair/her scarf aside so we could see her name because her name tag was covered with that. Also, manager ANGIE could not provide us her associate name, the associate that was helping us earlier befor we requested to see her. Manager ANGIE said she did not know her associates’ name or their schedules nor did she know who was on duty and who wasn’t. Interesting eh? Being defensive? Refusal to cooperate??? Did they have something to hide? I have the right to ask for names of the one that served me, right? If they wear their name tags, and covered those with their hair, or their scarves, and were asked for their names, but the refused to provide them...What's wrong with this picture? LOL.

Also, when we pointed out the incidence earlier with the rude Caucasian lady, Manager PARKER got really scared and told us that we did not want anything to do with us and wanted us to leave *** “his store”*** once the refund was completed. We asked how we could file a complaint about what we experienced today and manager PARKER pointed to the door and told us to get the piece of paper "TELL US WHAT YOU THINK" at the box place outside the entrance. When we went out to get that, there was nothing in there. Comment box = empty forms. We headed back in and requested for the form, manager PARKER angrily grabbed a stack of form and headed out the door, dropped in the comment box and let us grab the from out from the box ourselves...hmmm... He coud have handed us a form when we asked for it before because it was right behind him. Wow, what a great attitude for a manager!

So the moral of the story is, Costco at Garden Grove provide the worst and rudest service than any other Costco from nearby areas, not only that it also has some racial discrimination issue it has to deal with.

Oh and what a day! All we wanted was to change our mailing address! It was that simple! But we ended up having to cancel the membership. LOL :)
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Lauren Hill -1 Votes
Some people are just pathetic. It's ok for them to be rude to other people, yet if they get to taste their own medicine, they'd scream "American manner", like the Caucasian lady above. The the one pushed me over and screamed "excuse me" rudely but she shouted also the one who screamed "American manner" lol. First of all, look up what "American manners" mean first before scream it. Second, make sure you possess the qualities you ask/expect from others before you ask for it.

Oh and read this, "I actually called several Costco stores around nearby areas today and spoke to several store managers, all of which told me that all they need for a request of change of address was to have the cardholder present and show ID, they did not care about proof of change of address. I also asked if I wanted to switch around having me as the cardholder and husband as the dependent, they said they only need the cardholder to be present to do the switch. They personally provided me their names and asked us to both to come to the store so they could straighten out everything for us. Wow, what a difference between other Costco and this one in GARDEN GROVE CA."

I actually wanted to follow the rule. It's just the managers weren't willing to cooperate. LMAO
Oh, and if you're ones of who who scream "American manners" when you don't have any manner whatsoever, YOU, make American look bad. ;)
Hi NormanBates,
How does it feel to pretend to log in someone's account and post retarded comments??? Hacker.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Lauren Hill 0 Votes
Do you have fun talking to yourself and pretending to be different people? Get some help ok? I think hacking is illegal too. Didn't you post another topic of mine once? The once on Charlotte Russe? Don't think I don't know that. Keep hacking into my accound and pretending to be me ok? Stupid moron.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
Must be a real sicko to hack this website and post random comments pretending to be different people. Let me guest, you're a white trashed who got raped by your mother? Now log in my account to remove that ok, bithc? LOL.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka -1 Votes
Now log in to Lauren Hill's account and reply to your smart-ass, ignorant, paranoid, delusional, irrational, racist comments made my yourself. OK?
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
This website is hacked. Lauren Hill's account is hacked. Password was changed but whoever it is still answering and replying to the comments. Please disregard all comments on this page. Someone's hacking either the accounts, all the accounts, or the website itself. Real lamer. Peace out.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
Lol. Thank you for proving my point. I already sent an email to admin. We'll see what admin do about your hacking problem.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   CB.COM MODERATOR 1 0 Votes
Thank you for bringing the matter to our intention. We have received a private message claiming someone has "hacked" into the account Lauren Hill. We have checked our records regarding this and the IP address of Lauren Hill as well as all the posts by Lauren Hill and the account Hotchicka all have the same IP. I would just like to clarity this.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
LOL. The account is hacked. It was hacked a long ago since the last time I posted the Charlotte Russe's topic. Whoever it is, has total access to it and continue to post stupid things on it even though I changed the password. This is so childish. Whoever you are, you seriously need psychologial help ;)
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchiicka 0 Votes
You are all white trash, now leave me alone and stop posting. If I were not non-Caucasian you would believe me in a heart beat that this account was hacked. The mods of this site are obviously racist as well.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
I'm not even sure you're the public? It seems like all of th replies could be from one crazy person who hacked into 10+ account even the admin account, if there is an admin account. Where's the customer service contact/ email for this website? I can't find the link.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchiicka 0 Votes
Well I changed my password and now the problem has seemed to be solved you arrogant honkie.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
OOOh, so finally you're able to hack into my new account. Wow, real talent I must say. Took you awhile there but you gained access finally. Good job! LMAO
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Hotchicka 0 Votes
Ooh did I congrat you prematurely, Now keep trying until you get it ok?
chiiiiiika
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Sheriff's Aunt -1 Votes
Norman is that you?
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Sheriff's Aunt 0 Votes
GO GIANTS!!
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   jbfirebird 0 Votes
please come back lauren hill aka hotchicka. nothing i enjoy more than listening someone try to dig themselves out of a lie. your lie has made your complaint completely invalid. if you are lying about all of this, im sure you are exaggerating your OP as well.
in the end, you are racist for pulling the race card. someone always looking for sympathy or something free because of it.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   dia3766 0 Votes
"crackers" Lauren who is being discriminating if you refer to white people like that. It is their policy, for all they know you could have had fake ids which are fairly easy to come by. They were just trying to protect you but obviously you are too ignorant to see it
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Don't Drink the Kool-Aid -2 Votes
I tell you the truth I hate blacks, whites, asians, and mexicans. The only pure and true race are the Jews. All you other people are nothing but trash. You all should be burned up. Well you will. I mean we are the chosen people.
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   Lauren Hill 0 Votes
LOL. I'm the real Lauren Hill here. OK, my account wasn't hacked. But this impersonator signed up a new account with the same name, to make it look like it's the same person. LMAO. Interesting. Let me guess, you must be a Costco employee, specifically MR. PARKER???? LMAO

---------------------------------------------------
Lauren Hill Profile
Lauren Hill
Member since Jan 23, 2012
Hauula, Hawaii
Add to my Associates
Invite Member to a Group
Send Message

Check this 3rd reply under the same name Lauren Hill and click on the name to see his profile just created yesterday...LMAO
QUOTE " The two people who replied to me must be white. You crackers crack me up. The point is if I were non Caucasian they would not need proof of change of address. The employees, store manager are all racist. They ask for a receipt when I leave the store. They think because I am non-Caucasian that I am going to steal. I have never stolen in my life. Not only do they see the receipt, they mark it because they think because I am non-Caucasian that I am going to return to the store another day and come back with the same receipt and pick out the same products without buying them.

Also that white trailer trash can lose some weight, the lady who cut in front of me. She wanted her half of the counter space, but my husband and are two people and needed more than half the space. I guess because she is white she feels she is entitled to her half of the space and does not want to share it with non-Caucasians. I told her I was here first and said rudely excuse me. What does that cracker manager do, she takes the white lady's side. If that is not discrimination than what is? Seriously I bet that white lady has a husband who is part of the KKK. Same with ANGIE and the store manager." made by the impersonator Lauren Hill
Total = 8 comments
LOL

It's really disrespectful and immature to impersonate people who post a legitimate complaint on this board.

Tips to Radically Reduce Restaurant Checks