Fraudulent Advertising/Deception

I received a mailer from Comcast which stated: Starter XF Triple Play, plus triple play, hbo, starz, showtime, bravo, plus hd dvr for a year, plus internet and phone for $99. (1) they don't tell you about additional equiptment fees, taxes, that you will not receive an itemized phone bill, and that they charge in advance for services you haven't received yet. (2) Their billing is so complicated you can't figure it out even if your IQ is the size of Einstein's. So far, I have received two bills: $182.49 and $135.62. I had to give up Quest phone and internet service for this bundle. I have called them three times to ask them where is my $99.00 bill and what I got as a response was that I ordered preferred services. What they do is add these, charge you for it, and then tell you that you ordered them. The stress, time, and abuse of this company is not worth any services they offer. Call your local TV regulatory official and complain, then make a formal complaint to the FCC, and after that, contact your local representative to get them out of your state. They are abusive, manipulative, and deceptive. What isn't any business transaction straightforward any more? Why so much deception, fine print, evasion, manipulation???
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful?

30th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Comcast DECEPTIVE practices !!

I was supposed to get $75 rebate last year. After several contact they told me they have sent me a check and the check was cashed. To make sure I checked my bank
and after investigation no such check was fund. The bank advised me to get a scan copy of the "check" from COMCAST, now COMCAST tells me no check was sent
to me since I did not send them an invoice they had requested in a letter " they had sent me". No such letter was received either.
This showes the degree of deception and lies COMCAST uses to maximize their profits.

25th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree, time to change to Digital TV. They have no customer service and this is a dirty shame
 25th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
It is a dirty shame, Comcast have no customer service. I had a fuzzy TV for 3 weeks call them 3 x they finally fixed it . I called theirs billing department for credit and they issue me BIG $3 dollars for one day. Told them not to insult me, and they can keep theirs $3 and shove it. I am looking at the different company for my TV!! Way to go Comcast!!!
 14th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Comcast is the worst promised me a 500 gift card if I switched my service they said I would receive it after 3 months . I called today to see when they would be sending it their response was I was not eligible since I didn't pay my bill by the due day. My service was never interrupted and was paid monthly . This stipulation was never complicated when I signed up nor was it disclosed that I was entered in a 2 year contract which now they are saying if I cancel I will be charged a cancellation fee I asked for proof of a signed contract which they can't produce I am contacting my lawyer Monday and taking them to court. It's not about the 500gift card it's about the deception they do to people as far as I know you need to disclose information at the time the account is open not after so you don't have to give people what you promised.

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity