logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Wyzant.com
They are a horrible company and I urge any who wish to tutor not to bother with these scam artists
2. (23 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us
3. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Odesk
Financial Account has been suspended PERMANENTLY
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
National Tax Experts/ IRS Tax Doctor
Scam/ Fraud
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Cheapjerseys.us
Do not order from this site

Consumer Tips & Tricks

collection agencies

BMG/ COLUMBIA HOUSE
Phone: 503-533-4992
pread2@comcast.net
I signed up with Columbia House, ordered the movies that I wanted and fulfilled my obligation. I went on-line and cancelled as well as calling them to be sure the account had been cancelled, which I was assured that it was. After about 1 or 2 months I started receiving calls from a collection agency because according to Columbia House I still owed them $25.94. I told the agency that I had cancelled the account and they told me that they would not call again, that was in July of 06 and lo and behold in May of 07 I started getting calls grom a different agency and the same thing happened. This summer once again a different collection agency started calling me and they will not even listen so I will not answer their calls. I simply want Columbia House to cease and desist or I will turn this over to an attorney and they will pay me for harrassment, pain and suffering since I had major back surgery and the calls are never ending, day and night. They are not getting another penny from me and they are a bunch of low life cowards and I do not know how they even stay in business.
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Dec, 2008 by   Crier 0 Votes
HOW CHASE BANK AND COLUMBIA HOUSE STOLE CHRISTMAS

On August 8, 2008 I purchased some DVDs from Columbia House, the order came to $35.84. The order was shipped missing an item after many emails and phone calls to them I finally got my remaining item but they charged me an additional three times for that one item. After another round of calls and emails I finally chalked it up to a bad experience that I would learn a lesson from.

On October 11.2008 I logged into my checking account to find that I had two pending charges of $99.76 from Columbia House! I immediately called Chase Bank 800 where I spoke to a wonderful supervisor Pat, whom advised that as they were still pending she had been able to reverse them. As a caution she advised that they could submit again as long as they had my card number and provided me the number to the Chase Claims Department.

Immediately I began trying to contact Columbia House via their email process on their website - to this day they have NEVER responded to the dozens of emails that I have sent regarding this issue. Calls are answered by someone not qualified to handle the matter, so a supervisor will need to return your call and that NEVER happens either.

I tried to remove my card information from their site, which the site does not allow you to do! You also can not remove the check mark in the box allowing them to use that information for any future shipments and charges! In frustration I changed the billing information on the card to Big Bird, 123 Sesame Street, New York NY 10001

On October 14, 2008 they again debited my checking account for $99.76 which resulted in CHASE Bank charging me $75.00 and $32.00 for insufficient funds fees.

I contacted CHASE Bank filed a claim and closed that debit card (as they would not file the claim other wise). I provided them with screen shots showing no purchases, no shipments, no pending orders since the August fiasco and was advised by Angel that CHASE Bank would be crediting back the charge and any related insufficient funds fees.

Initially they did credit back the $99.76 and the $75.00 for insufficient funds. CHASE refused to credit the $32.00 as Donnell advised me because a previous request had been made (the $75.00) within a 12-month period.

On November 20, 2008 CHASE bank reversed themselves and took the $99.76 and the $75.00 from my checking account again. I contacted CHASE Claims Department on 11.21.2008 and was advised by Judy that she would re-open the claim and I would receive that information shortly. Several hours later there was still no information received. Again I contacted CHASE claims where upon Andre advised me that I would need to speak with a supervisor whom was currently on another call and would need to call me back.

To date there has been no communication from Judy or Andre’s supervisor, maybe CHASE has Columbia House train the employees in their Claims Department!

Thanks to Grinches at COLUMBIA HOUSE and CHASE BANK there will be no Christmas in our household this year. The theft of over $200.00 from my account by these two supposedly reputable companies has ended any possibility of a celebration of any kind in my household

BE WARNED AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE ELSE