logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Geoholiday Starpoint Geo Holiday
Timeshare Fraud
2. (13 mins ago)
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
Illegal construction

ClassMates
2001 Lind Ave.,SW Suite 500
Bend, Oregon
classmates.com
I signed up for a free 7 day trial with Classmates.com and then canceled the subscription to Classmates. In April, when I received my credit card statement there was a charges from ap9*athomerewards+-v for $19.95 not once, but twice. All the information that was on my credit card statement was a 1-877-636-6858 CT no physical address was listed. I should have closed out my credit card account the first time. Now, I am disputing the charges.

The only site I signed up with this credit I have was with Classmates.com. They basically shared my information with ap9*athomerewards+-v to sign up for a membership with this company. Charges I did not authorize. I am disputing these charges but Classmates cannot get away with this unethical and illegal business practices.

If any one else has problems with Classmates I am looking in being a part of a class action lawsuit against Classmates.com. Here is the website so one can state your experience http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html. I was contacted within a few days of my submission.

I have taken off my account with Classmates and will spread the word about their business practices.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   serena 0 Votes
i signed up for classmates for the 3 months for $15. They charged my debit card $39.99. I think this is a fraud and mis representative adv. on their web site. I changed the number on my debit card so they cannot take anymore charges out of it, but sure am upset with wasting $40 on this as I am on a fixed income and that is a big amount to me...
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Jimmy Porter 0 Votes
Sorry you had a problem with classmates. I have been a customer for years. Try to go to the top of the company here: http://www.classmatesmedia.com/company/management.jsp#Steven

Good luck and any problems post me. I too am on limited income and this is a lot of money to spend and not get anything.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   roger purcell 0 Votes
Classmates has illegally charged my Visa account 60.00 for a 2 year membership that says it will be automatically billed agin every 2 years. I never gace them my Card nor Submitted all my info. to them. I have talked to Visa and will hopefully have their charges cancelled by this Friday, June 19th, 09. This is ridiculous and crooked as hell. ------------------------roger purcell DeLand, Fl.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Annoyedwithcrookedwebsites 0 Votes
I let my wife use my debit card a year ago to get a couple month subscription for $15 and then canceled the account. I just got charged today $40 for this account even though it has been canceled for a year and tried to call the customer support number and is "convienently" under repair. This is the most crooked website I have ever had to deal with. I will be sure to contact the better business bureau on this 1.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Trudywv 0 Votes
Classmates has illegally charged my account. I did not authorized them to take money from my account. I tried the http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html to try to stop them. However the web site didn't come up. This is about the class action suite. This company needs to be stopped.
Trudy- Huntington, WV
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   Calvin Gibson 0 Votes
I signed up for a 7 day free access, and was billed twice upon terminating the service prior to the seven days, I am very upset due to the inconvienance to my account. I am seeking a full refund
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Jean Christianson 0 Votes
I just found out re my credit card statement that I had been billed!!! There was no mention of that when it all started. To boot, never found anyone either. It's just a scam. They owe me $42.38 U.S. I will never have anything to do with them again and will advise others too. I don't think there is an honest company in the U.S. Jean Christianson
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   leslieanne 0 Votes
I agree with these attrocities... I have also been a victim of classmates and find it hard to believe that these companies are able to get away with it.. Just be really careful of who gets your credit card info!!! Wish there was a way to stop it!
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   Perye 0 Votes
wow... and i thought i was the only one being falsely charged on my credit card!!! this is ridiculous... i canceled my classmates gold over 3 yrs. ago and i am still being charged... this is after i called and complained to them and they were suppose to cancel this like 2 yrs. ago...

now when i call i get all these prompts telling me to go online and cancel or something... yeah right, i am going to go on line and give my credit card number out to who knows who... i can't get it canceled over the phone and they want me to go into cyberspace... don't think so...

i have complained to my credit card company, complained several yrs. in a row to classmates.com and now i am stuck between a rock and hard place...

please advise... Perye
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   georgette whitteker 0 Votes
i never okay for another subscribe i didn't want it to renew. yet you charged me 62.00 for .i want my money back or at least connect me to home of classmates.com
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   n. bartley 0 Votes
I recieved my visa bill today and I have been charged 40.25 in US dollars. I had signed up 2 0r 3 years ago for 5.95 whatever the basic was. I have not been active on that account for 18months, I did not give anyone the authority to charge my visa card for renewal. I am going to contact VISA and see what can be done. I am disappointed that I have not been given the chance to authorize my renewal. I know this is a US based company and hopefully they will refund the money to us Canadians. I feel totally violated..
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   maylane 0 Votes
There is no way to cancel these crooks...they charged an old credit card.
 15th of Oct, 2013 by   Wayne Moore 0 Votes
I cancelled my Classmates Gold Membership at least a year ago, but keep getting charged on my Master Card every year? How can I stop this unnecessary billing to my account? I want to know soonest how this can be accomplished.
Wayne M.
 26th of May, 2014 by   Jugirl 0 Votes
I joined Classmates, years ago, and cancelled after one year. I have not been billed, nor had full access for many years, when suddenly, a charge appears on an account that I had never given them. I am concerned about where they got my information and that they refuse to do anything about it. The email I received from them, today, says they will not do anything to refund the charge, and will not cancel my account until the expiration, which in one year. This is FRAUD. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.
 27th of May, 2014 by   Wayne Moore 0 Votes
I too have been stung by this makeshift outfit. I cancelled my subscription two years ago, but they still keep charging my MC each fall? I have changed my MC, so will wait and see what they do now. Mine was $19.95 each year and I never received anything worthwhile. No such thing as a yearly book from my school in Toronto and I know there is one every year? Bad company and should not be in business!

Wayne Moore