logo

Axiom or Smartkurve or Edknovate
Axiom are the Worst Agent in Bangkok
2. (12 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!
3. (14 mins ago)

ClassMates
2001 Lind Ave.,SW Suite 500
Bend, Oregon
classmates.com
I signed up for a free 7 day trial with Classmates.com and then canceled the subscription to Classmates. In April, when I received my credit card statement there was a charges from ap9*athomerewards+-v for $19.95 not once, but twice. All the information that was on my credit card statement was a 1-877-636-6858 CT no physical address was listed. I should have closed out my credit card account the first time. Now, I am disputing the charges.

The only site I signed up with this credit I have was with Classmates.com. They basically shared my information with ap9*athomerewards+-v to sign up for a membership with this company. Charges I did not authorize. I am disputing these charges but Classmates cannot get away with this unethical and illegal business practices.

If any one else has problems with Classmates I am looking in being a part of a class action lawsuit against Classmates.com. Here is the website so one can state your experience http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html. I was contacted within a few days of my submission.

I have taken off my account with Classmates and will spread the word about their business practices.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Oct, 2008 by   pat 0 Votes

still taking money from acc. - ClassMates

i canceled my account from them they are still takeing money from my account.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   sam Piperni 0 Votes

can't log on - ClassMates

cannot or will not let log on to website
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   serena 0 Votes
i signed up for classmates for the 3 months for $15. They charged my debit card $39.99. I think this is a fraud and mis representative adv. on their web site. I changed the number on my debit card so they cannot take anymore charges out of it, but sure am upset with wasting $40 on this as I am on a fixed income and that is a big amount to me...
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Jimmy Porter 0 Votes
Sorry you had a problem with classmates. I have been a customer for years. Try to go to the top of the company here: http://www.classmatesmedia.com/company/management.jsp#Steven

Good luck and any problems post me. I too am on limited income and this is a lot of money to spend and not get anything.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Jimmy Porter 0 Votes
I cannot understand this. If you Google Classmates.com,
you will be taken right to the web page. Try it again.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   roger purcell 0 Votes
Classmates has illegally charged my Visa account 60.00 for a 2 year membership that says it will be automatically billed agin every 2 years. I never gace them my Card nor Submitted all my info. to them. I have talked to Visa and will hopefully have their charges cancelled by this Friday, June 19th, 09. This is ridiculous and crooked as hell. ------------------------roger purcell DeLand, Fl.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Annoyedwithcrookedwebsites 0 Votes
I let my wife use my debit card a year ago to get a couple month subscription for $15 and then canceled the account. I just got charged today $40 for this account even though it has been canceled for a year and tried to call the customer support number and is "convienently" under repair. This is the most crooked website I have ever had to deal with. I will be sure to contact the better business bureau on this 1.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   Terry Thornton 0 Votes

unauthorized credit card charge - ClassMates

Charged $59.99 to my credit card without authorization
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Trudywv 0 Votes
Classmates has illegally charged my account. I did not authorized them to take money from my account. I tried the http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html to try to stop them. However the web site didn't come up. This is about the class action suite. This company needs to be stopped.
Trudy- Huntington, WV
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   Calvin Gibson 0 Votes
I signed up for a 7 day free access, and was billed twice upon terminating the service prior to the seven days, I am very upset due to the inconvienance to my account. I am seeking a full refund
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   DIOLA LONGORIA 0 Votes
I did a free trial thing just to see how it worked and to see if I WOULD LIKE IT I DID NOT GIVE MY AUTHORIZATION TO CONTINUE AND GOT CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT IT, WHEN I WENT TO USE MY CARD AND COULD NOT USE IT THAT WAS EMBARASING WENT TO CHECK MY CARD AND THATS WHEN I SAW CLASSMATES .COM HAD CHARGED MY ACCOUNT I WANT MY MONEY BACK I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THAT WEB SITE ANYWAY EVERY TIME I GO TO LOGIN IT TELLS ME I HAVE THE WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS OR PASSWORD AND I KNOW I AM PUTING IN THE RIGHT ONE ITS BEEN THE SAME E-MAIL FOR A WHILE I KNOW I'M RIGHT SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Jean Christianson 0 Votes
I just found out re my credit card statement that I had been billed!!! There was no mention of that when it all started. To boot, never found anyone either. It's just a scam. They owe me $42.38 U.S. I will never have anything to do with them again and will advise others too. I don't think there is an honest company in the U.S. Jean Christianson
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   leslieanne 0 Votes
I agree with these attrocities... I have also been a victim of classmates and find it hard to believe that these companies are able to get away with it.. Just be really careful of who gets your credit card info!!! Wish there was a way to stop it!
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   Perye 0 Votes
wow... and i thought i was the only one being falsely charged on my credit card!!! this is ridiculous... i canceled my classmates gold over 3 yrs. ago and i am still being charged... this is after i called and complained to them and they were suppose to cancel this like 2 yrs. ago...

now when i call i get all these prompts telling me to go online and cancel or something... yeah right, i am going to go on line and give my credit card number out to who knows who... i can't get it canceled over the phone and they want me to go into cyberspace... don't think so...

i have complained to my credit card company, complained several yrs. in a row to classmates.com and now i am stuck between a rock and hard place...

please advise... Perye
 17th of May, 2010 by   Ruby Gail Stevens 0 Votes
I did a year for $10.00 and have now been charged 39.99 without my permission or authorization. I want to be contacted or have it taken off my debit card immediately. I will be contacting the better business bureau. After looking at all the complaints, this seems to be a common problem. If you want to continue your business, you need to change your fraud tactics. I would like a immediate reply that this will be takaen care of. My e-mail address is gailstevens 50 @yahoo.com
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   ruby glover 0 Votes
classmate.com has renewed my membership without my consent which has caused me overdraft fees
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   ruby glover 0 Votes
classmate has automatically renewed my account without my consent which has caused me overdraft fees
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   georgette whitteker 0 Votes
i never okay for another subscribe i didn't want it to renew. yet you charged me 62.00 for .i want my money back or at least connect me to home of classmates.com
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   n. bartley 0 Votes
I recieved my visa bill today and I have been charged 40.25 in US dollars. I had signed up 2 0r 3 years ago for 5.95 whatever the basic was. I have not been active on that account for 18months, I did not give anyone the authority to charge my visa card for renewal. I am going to contact VISA and see what can be done. I am disappointed that I have not been given the chance to authorize my renewal. I know this is a US based company and hopefully they will refund the money to us Canadians. I feel totally violated..
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   maylane 0 Votes
There is no way to cancel these crooks...they charged an old credit card.

Flight Risk