logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ledchristmaslights.com
The seller fooled me and didn’t deliver order
2. (1 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
3. (1 mins ago)

Clarks Shoes Contacts & Informations

Clarks Shoes

Posted:    Lacebay

Sole & heel disintegration

I am a handicapped 74 year old woman. I put on my Clark's sandals this morning to drive to get some food. I noticed my sandals did not feel right but thought it might be my feet. When I got back in my car I noticed a large chunk of black "dirt" by the brake which turned out to be from my shoes. When I drove home I looked at my soles and found they were torn up and full of holes and large crevasses. I could have fallen very easily and shudder to think of injuries at my age!!!

I don't believe I had worn my shoes more than 6 or 10 times!!!

Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2010 by   Geri313 0 Votes
My sister had the same thing happen while on vacation last weekend.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   janjes 0 Votes
this is my second pair of clark's that all of a sudden fell apart . these haven't been worn all that much . this morning something felt funny so i looked down and the whole soul had cracked in half. when i got home i looked at the other shoe and it was cracked in half also! i couldn't believe it.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   Carol V. 0 Votes
All twelve pairs of Clarks I owned disintegrated within a year of eachother...so embarrassing! I called customer service and they accused me of improperly storing them in boxes. Whatever... I keep them in fabric hanging bags in a walk-in closet. They didn't even listen to my concerns. Pathetic.
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   whitneyj 0 Votes
I just had a pair do the same thing. Thought it was a fluke; guess not. Certain companies re-sole shoes free; it doesn't appear Clarks does this. I guess if their shoes commonly fall apart, it would get too expensive. Too bad; I used to be a fan.
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   AuntieWarhol 0 Votes
5 pairs of my Clarks disintegrated, one pair last night while I was at an event, had to leave as I was leaving rubber rubble all over the floor. Clarks is the only shoe that seems to fit my feet which are wide at the top, so I don't know where to get shoes now.
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   AuntieWarhol 0 Votes
My Clarks shoes that I wore maybe 10 times.

1st of Jan, 2014 by   aislabyjim 0 Votes
I have suffered what will be my last failure of a Clarks shoe. My first experience was in June 2013 when on holiday in France the soles of my shoes literally disintegrated. The four year old shoes had hardly been worn but Clarks (non)customer service
dismissed my complaint on the grounds of the shoes age. Yesterday the heel fell off a Clarks shoe with a Goodyear welted sole. I do not intend wasting time obtaining another not our fault excuse. The future sourcing of shoes by my family will not be from Clarks and I would council anyone else to look elsewhere.
 13th of May, 2014 by   gabndavsma 0 Votes
Heels disintegrated on my Indigo sandals after wearing a short time exactly like the picture of the Clarks. I cannot find a site to report Indigo but ran across this one. I suspect the shoes are made the same as the shoe heels look the same inside and out. Buyer beware..
 26th of Sep, 2014 by   creaturefoot 0 Votes
I too had two sets (Pairs) of Clarks shoes where both soles disintegrated spontaneously. It was very embarrassing and inconvenient.. Once at a meeting and the next at a funeral. It made a major mess and I had to immediately find some where to buy new shoes. I don't buy their (Clarks) shoes anymore.
 27th of Sep, 2014 by   Rebeccarf 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me! I was wearing a pair of Clark's sandals in my kitchen. The heels felt mushy and funny. I looked down and huge chunks had fallen out of the heels that looked like chunks of chocolate cake on my floor It was such a singular thing to happen that I thought it could not be an isolated incident so I found these comments! I have had good luck with other pairs of this brand but then this...!
 14th of Oct, 2014 by   Dave the shoe 0 Votes
Like others, I had a pair of Clarks shoes which I hardly wore and the soles disintegrated. I took them back to the shop and was told that I had been storing them incorrectly - in a cupboard - and the Clarks head office had instructed them to offer a £10 "goodwill" payment in such cases. I declined. I shall now take it up with the MD, referring to this site, and ask Trading Standards to investigate. These shoes are obviously not fit for purpose. Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 customers are entitled to ask for a replacement or a refund for faulty goods.

Avoid Seasonal Tax Scams