Electricity Account

South Africa
I paid my electricity account every month and was up to date with it until yesterday, when i got home, I got a final warning that my account was in arrears of R26000! I went to the City of Tshwane Electricity account offices this morning, only to learn that they have overnight decided to increase my deposit on the property to R13000! This is unacceptable, but unfortunately I have to pay the outstanding balance to prevent the electricity services to be cancelled. The Chief in charge advised that they decided to increase the deposit, and that there is nothing that I or anyone else can do about it. He suggested that I make an arrangement to pay x amount every month in order to have the deposit of R13000 paid in full. Is this how they normally work with the electricity accounts? I mean, I paid R12000 deposit some 15 years ago when I bought the property. And now al of a sudden, there is an increase in the deposit, making it R13000! I can't believe that this is happening to me...
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

City of Tshwane - Incorrect Account Meter Reading
South Africa

Faulty electricity bill. Incorrect meter reading. Tried for days to contact meter reading department. Was told wrong department, must get in my car and go see them.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have same issue. See Facebook group tshwane accounts sucks
 30th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

City of Tshwane - These guys have been offline for a week
City of Tshwane

I've received a notice to pay an account for the previous owner of my house or face my services being cut. These guys have been offline for a week!!! They're quick to dish out final demands and cut services, but dead when it comes to helping you sort out a problem.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
To celebrate, the company first anniversary, Some commodities have been, discount .Anti-purchase at this site Any goods, we will giving a Christmas gift .In addition Buy $ 300 and receive a free glasses or a wallet, as a Christmas gift . welcome all friends to order. Reputation, quality, absolute guarantee. please log in: http://www.fashionsb.com . so what, move your mouse .
 11th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

City of Tshwane - rubbish removal
city of tshwane
South Africa

Hi, It is the second week that our rubbish haven't been removed. We tried to phone, fax, e-mail the city of tshwane offices and consumer complaints offices there, but they just ignore us. What is going on? Are they striking?
 14th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
sj venter ek aleen looper sukel al 4maande met reg weet ni hoekom dit af kom ni ek gebreuuk ni eers 5oo n maand ni kan u my aseb help id 7001210082088 reg2034166631 het al gaan praat ma niemand wil of kan my help ni.
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

City of Tshwane - Poor Service
South Africa

I sent 3 Emails to their customer care ddepartment to obtain the latest balance on mymunicipal account. No reply received. I phone them but get disconeected every time the call is put through from the switchboard system to the operator.
 24th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes

South Africa

My property rates increased from R75 per month in June 2013 to R737 per month in July 2013 without an explanation. I have sent countless email to customerservice@tshwane.gov.za but the email either gets read or deleted without being read without any sort of an explaination. Account number: 5003161711
 7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
hello sir im the customer service officer here at the munciplatiy. we are looking in your problem, dont worry Infact you must pay the higher amount for now and we will get back to you ok? My name is justice
 7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
hello sir, i am the customer service officer here at the municiplatiy, in fact we have very busy now because lots of people in our team are off sick, its only me and another lady taking the complaint, sometimes we disconnect you because it is lunchtime, sorry god bless my name is justice
 19th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
20 October 2014, I sent an email to Ms Betty Chuene of your office and copied three other officials. To date, no reply came from the City Of Tshwane.

My ref is Id No 6803140308082.
An employee in your office made unauthorised arrangement with my tenant at Kiepersol 121. No electricity bill was to be paid. Now the bill is over R 20 000, 00. What is really happening with the Coucil?
 5th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same here, and then they have the cheek to send me a final demand letter with the incorrect meter readings

Contact Us