CitiMortgage

Posted:

loan Modification

citimortgage
Florida
I am not going to tell the same story as everyone on here. Just sent letters off to the attorney generals office in florida. Sent documentation to ftc in washington, also to the ftc in florida.

Long and short of it is this
1) unethical truth in lending practices
2) Notary Fraud ...they took first document I signed and had notarized that got me into the HAMP program and switched notarized page to new loan modification paper work. they doubled my payments
3) They back dated documents HA I kept very good notes on times and dates and the person I was speaking with while they were taking my automatic payments every month for the original documents. I saved my western union grams every month.
(side bar the recorded conversations by law cannot be destroyed )

I have a foreclosure attorney & now have an attorney to handle class action suit on a contingency basis but I need a few others to get the ball rolling ...Sorry this is for florida residents only
Again there is no out of pocket expense to you to see if you fit into the class action of deceptive trade practices that seem common place by all the reviews on here.

If you would like to take part in this class action please contact
James at jmhstocks@yahoo.com
Please we all are in need of help and I am sharing this with all of you so you know how to get some answers from our elected government officials.
I will not stop fighting this cruel and just criminal actions by Citimortgage.
I am for real just google Palm Beach post from Friday Feb 10, 2012
Complaint comments Comments (89) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

28th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My husband and I both work for the State of MD. In July I was advised that my hours would be cut from 40 to 35. My husband would receive a salary reduction and we both would have to take unpaid furlough days. I contacted CitiMortgage to see if we could refinance our second mortgage at a lower rate. I was advised that we qualified for a modification and was given a trial period of 3 months to pay. We paid October and November but we were still getting calls from CitiMortgage asking for our payment. We would tell them that we were going through a modification, they would check and then tell us to disregard. Finally, we received a delinquent notice saying we had not paid 2 months. I called and after being on the phone a total of 2 hours and also being hung up on once, I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that we never really qualified for the loan mod and that we had to pay back what we were behind. We have not paid what we were behind and do not intend to. To make matters worse, she told me that because it was an error that she would take it off the credit report(she gave me a cof#) and that she would apply the 2 payments to one month and waive any late fees(another conf#). Well, not a chance. We are receiving letters advising that they will not take it off of our creit report and they are not even acknowledging that it was their error to begin with. It is sad that they get the bailout help and turn around and laugh at heir customers with the government turning a blind eye. Sad. My husband and I have decided that it is just a house. If we lose it, so be it. It is not worth the stress !
 30th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Please see my blog post regarding our situation...it's a mess too, beyond words and I would certainly like find someone to take on a class action suit! http://www.themommymentor.com/?p=677
 4th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I was also in a loan mod with Citimortgage...so I thought.. I sent them all docs requested that were required by July 09. When I called to see if they were recieved ( I knew they were because of the fax report) I was told all was fine...until mid August when I get a call from Jamal Mjangi ( India) saying that I must make a payment before August 30th!! I was told not to make ANY payments until the mod was complete!! He even agreed that I was approved twice!! I was never sent any docs from them. Ofcourse I did not send a payment...thought something was fishy. When I tried to call 2 days later to the automated system and entered my account # it went to a busy signal. Finally a week into Sept 09 I get some yahoo telling me that my account was charged off!! When I asked why believe it or not the rep actually admitted that Citimortgage was not able to submit my docs in time!! I said "And thats my fault?" No but there is nothing we can do. BTW: I was not behind when I went into this...just wanted to lower my payments..I was told on every conversation NOT to make a payment until I recieve docs... UGHH!! Another shady company...Im all about a class action suit!! contact me jmethenutt@yahoo.com
 16th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I applied for a Loan Modification through CitiMortgage in May 2009. The new lower (TRIAL) loan amount was deducted from my checking account the 1st of each month. I receive a letter on December 15, 2009 stating that I was declined the modification because I make too much money. I then find out that CitiMortgage never notified me to revert the payments starting in September to the original loan amount. The "partial payments" they were receiving were never posted to my account and I was reported as being past due to the credit bureaus. My credit score was 798 when I applied for the modification. It is now 635. All because CitiMortgage never notified me that there was even a problem.
The sad thing is if I refinance there is no assurance that the lender won't sell my mortgage back to there idiots.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
we have been in "negotiation" with Citimortgage for 13 months over a loan modification. They have changed the Loan officer four times, make it impossible to have our attorney speak with them, and have ruined our credit. My advice is to file a complaint with the office of the comptroller of the currency. If the OCC receives enough complaints they may act on it. I am wondering why no one has launched a class action law suit. They received the biggest amount of bailout money it is time for them to pay up!
 27th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am going through the same thing, they say i owe 12, 000. I was paying the modified amount until the decision came through that I was denied. So my question to you is that they did not apply the low payment to your account. I call and I get the run around. Did you get a solution or resolve this issue??
 27th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am sick of the abuse that I have suffered because of CitiMortgage. After a horrific divorce, I called them to see if I could modify my mortgage. I never had one single late payment. I was never later, not EVER. I was told I qualified for the "3 month trial" period in May 2009. I was told they would send me the packet of document to complete and send back for the modification.

I sent EVERYTHING in Sept 2009 before the due date. I had a delivery signature confirmation that they received all of the documents. I called one week later to confirm and I was told they acknowledged they received the documents, but they could not FIND the actual documents. The representative told me, yes, actually told me that the documents did not get "imaged". He suggested that "maybe someone forgot to hit the SAVE button". I was sick and socked but it didn't stop there.

I finally got a hold of someone in the document department (they outsource this proceedure - guess they didn't get enough TARP money to hire people to do this job). I ONCE AGAIN, for the SECOND TIME faxed all of the documents to the document department. I called and they confirmed they received everything in November 2009.

After I'd faxed everything for the second time, I started to receive automated phone calls telling me that I had to send the same documents they already had. I started to receive text messages telling me that I had to call immediately. When I called, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was told my modification request went to the underwriter the first week in December. I have paid my reduced mortgage payment EXACTLY as they required me to do. EXACTLY to the "T".

Today, 1/27/10, there's another UPS package at my front door. I open it up and there is a THIRD request for the hardship affidavit. #3! I called there number 7 times before I got to speak to someone. I was told to ignore the request because my loan is in underwriting. This is THE MOST ABUSIVE PROCESS that I have ever been involved in.

CitiBank is the only bank that has not paid TARP back. NO ONE at CitiMortgage knows what is going on or if they do, they don't care. This is a complete OUTRAGE. Are there others willing to participate in a class action lawsuit.

I wish someone would help me. Why is this happening. How can they get away with this?
 1st of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
When you find the answer let me know for I have been doing this since the same time and still have no answer and am on my 2nd underwriter and am missing 2 of my payments in unapplied funds not to mention that my docs are missing as well.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
CitiMortgage and there process for modification loss for words what to do
 4th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I see I'm not the only won who feels citi-mortgage is a bunch of bullying crooks. Last year I was having financial problems and alerted them to my upcoming problems and if there was anyway this can be worked out. I was 2 months behind and had NEVER before missed any payments or even been late. The representative said since I was a customer in good standing she could put me in the HAMP program that had just been started. OK fine so she enrolled us and we made the payments as was scheduled for 3 months with a lower rate. At the end of the 3 months when it was time for the review a different representative told me that the other lady should not have offered a program that they dont participate in. So I ask her how is this possible, how could she have knowledge and information of a program that you DO NOT offer. Her response was basically too bad that's your problem not ours. Then she went on to tell me that she sees that an agreement was made and the terms were satisfied but again so what in our eye you owe us 3 months worth of late fees plus the difference in the payments since although we were approved for the new rates, it did not matter because it was lower than my original payments were. long story short I now have a ballon payment of over $5, 000 just because they can do it and get away with it. Never mind that I have not missed a payment of any kind since that program that they put me on began. And even though there is a record of the agreement they are not honoring it. sound confusing????? well imagine how I feel. If anyone out there knows of a class action please let me know I'll be sure to join in.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I just got told that we were removed from the loan modification program...wait for it...because we have a little too much money in the bank. They define this as savings totaling more than 3 of the new mortgage payments. This is totally outrageous and was never indicated in any of the paperwork they sent to us! And by the way, having a little money in the bank (not a lot mind you) should be a GOOD thing for a bank to see...you know as in we are a lower risk for them since we know how to save and are responsible?

I'm going to contact the OCC as the original post said. That and all of the local media, my state and federal representatives and start a campaign on social media. I have left a message with the "analyst" who made the determination but have not heard back yet.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
after a year of double talk and sending citimortgage paperwork over and over again...they now submited to the credit bureau that I was behind on payments...they then agreed it was in error...but the damage has been done...credit cards companies started cancelling my cards...I have never been even late on any payments...furthermore...they did NOT pay my taxes or my insurance and I had to come up with the money on my own...I am in much worse position due to citimortgages errors ...I want to know how to sue them or be a part of class action
 1st of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
We are in a similar situation. We started the Home Affordable Modification process in October. In January they said we were in the last 3 days before our loan approval. The counselor requested additional bank statements that she wanted faxed to her. The first fax was sent 2/2/10, the very same day she called and asked for them. I told her to please call me when she receives them, or that I'd call to check. Many days of calling and leaving messages that were not returned followed. Other customer service agents would email her messages as well and still no word. I faxed these documents over six times made attention to my counselor. I also had one customer service Instant Message her where she gave me another number to fax them to. Today is 3/31/10 and I am told that my review has been cancelled per my counselor because my documents not being turned in. That's funny yesterday when I called I asked for fax numbers I got three. I then faxed my documents to the three phone numbers, twice each. Only difference is I made it attention the Home Affordable Modification Department rather than my counselor and low and behold, they received all six. Now they're telling me I will be assigned a new counselor because they want me to do another modification. This is disgusting. Does anyone know of any class action suit being filed against Citimortgage?
 14th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Oh my...We have been trying for a modification since April 2009. We were put into a "3 month" trial payment plan in August, and were told do not make the payment a penny more or less and send them on time or we will be kicked out immediately. Finally on Decmeber 16th 2009 we recieved an approval letter by email which stated our paper work would be delivered with 5-7 days. On the 29th of Dec when we still hadn't recieved the paper work we called and a nice lady said "oh honey just be patient with the holidays and all things are just slow. But don't worry you have been approved and your paper work should arrive any day now. On the 21st of January we called to make a payment and were qouted the trial amount, we made that payment and then asked why we still have not recieved our modification paper work. We were then told we had been denied the HAMP program and were automatically being put into a trad. mod. Once again for at least the 5th time we were told we needed to send in updated information for the new program, which we did. Now we are being told we do not qualify for this new program because they do not recognize my Unemployment, therefore we don't make enough money to qualify. So we said how come we were approved for the HAMP in DEC 09 and then told we were denied, they said we made to much money. Now we recieved a letter stating that we are 8, 000 dollars behind in payments and they will set us up on a payment plan to make it up...you do the math...we started a trail payment in Aug 09 with a savings of 600 per month we have done this for 8 months 600 X 8= 4, 800 how can we be behind $8, 000????? And if we are struggeling to make our original payment how the heck are we supposed to make additional payments?? I think I finally get it, its actually the Forclosure program that we qualify for !!!

Frustrated and Feed up
 11th of May, 2010 by    +2 Votes
After about 16 months of correspondences I do not understand how I am considered ineligible borrower and am not able to be offered the HAMProgram because of a calculation that I have not been informed of...Pleas e-mail an example to what it takes to qualify...I have sent out several Packets to loan officers Ms. Carmen Campose 18667516913 ext20378 fax#18667144162 Ms Leticia Mechado 18002837918 fax#16362617706 Mr.James 1866413-4560 ext3780 Attn: VATeam2fax#18664371319Ms. Edith Batt 18662724749 opt.2 fax# 18669891356 /15206622000 (Arizona) Victor Garcia 18662724749 (Loss Mitigation) Mr. Eric Harris 18004221498 ext3632 and have sent packets to several different locations: Citimortgage, Inc., 6400 Las Colinas Blvd., Irving TX 75039; P.O. Box 689196, Des Moines, IA 50368-3040;P.O. Box 183040, Columbus, OH 43218-3040. Each time I called to verify if they had received my packets of 20-30 pages...Several times they had to be updated, retrieved again, and modified for the new loan counselor...because they were lost...scary...packets containing my life story and ss#, loan numbers, bank statements, tax information all the stuff any scam artist could use against me...I am having to reorder my credit reports, put a halt on them, etc. I am going question all aspects of this seemingly facade of assisting
 11th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
go to www.occ.treas.gov/ftp/ADVISORY/2009-1.pdf for OCC consumer for tips for Mortgage Modification scams and foreclosure rescue scams...it gives good advice and government resources in article on pages 3 and 4
 13th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have been dealing with CitiMortgage since 2009 and have been getting the run around also. They never informed me that I was denied the mortgage modification, until I just called them yesterday. They say I should have been back making the bigger payments back in February. Hello! The one department tells me I am in preforeclosure, have to come up with $3-$4000 down at once, and the rest can be put on top of my monthly mortgage payment, which would increase it to almost 1700 a month. I can't afford the 1204 a month, but they want me to pay that much. Another department tells me I'm not in preforeclosure or any such foreclosure and my loan is still pending for a traditional mortgage modification. That person told me to contact them every 2 weeks to check on the status. Who do I believe? Am I going to lose my home? I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, ACLU, and the State Attorney General. We'll see if anyone's willing to help someone in need.
 15th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
We all have the same story. The scam is so obvious because they use the same script on all of us. I was told by someone in Citi that it is a scam. The money is used for investments and bonus's for the big wigs. I have an attorney who is working with attorneys on the west and east coast together for a class action suit. Contact Jessica Sleater at 212-631-8627, fax 212-868-1229, and email at jsleater@milberg.com. Carla
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I started the process of my loan modification at the end of October 2009 many letters and phone calls later, 9 months to be exact. I found out that they would only reduce my mortgage 7 dollars. That's right SEVEN DOLLARS. If i would have known that they were just going to waste my time i would have just walked away from my condo as many people who live here have already. This is one big game. After that the Representative said that they are trying to do a traditional modification. Lets see how long that takes.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was in a 5/1 ARM with Citi, and went through the modification process with them. I came out with a $400 monthly payment INCREASE. They did put me into a fixed-term loan, but there's no way I'm making the bigger payments on a house that isn't worth half of what I owe on it. According to them I am not eligible for a principal rate reduction. So the house is on the market and I'm done paying, it'll either be a short sale or foreclosure, whichever comes first. What I don't understand is that they'll approve a short sale but won't even consider a principal reduction. Thanks, Citi.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree