logo

Chase Bank
CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTICE
2. (5 mins ago)
Value Gas Station-on Dundas St
Scamming gas station and rude service
3. (5 mins ago)

Citifinancial Auto

Posted:    Clydesdales

Law Suit/Class Action

Florida
Questionable Fees and late Fees? My individual case is similar to most of the postings listed here. My original contract was purchased 14 months ago by CitiFinancial Auto and it's been a nightmare ever since. I recently re-financed my vehicle with my lending institution just to get away from CitiFinancial Auto. At my loan closing CitiFinancial Auto did not want to release my payoff amount and really gave my Lending Officer a hard time as well as upset me greatly. I ended up paying $663.00 over and above what my balance was just to get rid of them. Now it's my turn. I have made every payment, with one late payment...and have all my records.

If you are serious about going the distance to bring this company to court, email me and tell me to count you in.

If I obtain enough names and committments, I will then ask the attorney for a class action lawsuit. Other-wise I will be taking this company on alone.

Only email me if you can back-up your records, you are committed and have the patients to deal with this suit.

My advice...find another loan institution to re-finance with and get out from under CitiFinancial. It WILL NOT get any better.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of May, 2009 by   kmika 0 Votes
I toatally agree!!! I mailed in a payment February 2008, I then got a phone call stating I had not paid my February payment. I checked my bank records and there it was, a cleared check made out to Citi Financial Auto. When I called them, they had no record of my check clearing. I fought with them for 2 months with a negative posting on my credit report! They finally found my payment and it had been sent to a local branch and was posted to a loan I had. I had to call the branch have them refund my money and repay my loan amount. My father who is the primary buyer on the loan was buying a house at the time and I had to request a statement from Citi Financial Auto explaining the details of the poor mark on his credit. I did receive the letter, with them admitting fault to my situation. I would like to join in any class action lawsuit brought against them.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   ljhood76 0 Votes
I would like to be added to the lawsuit. I did a settlement with CitiFinancial Auto to payoff the remaining balance of my car. I spoke with Ms. Watts on April 29th and made a final payment of $449.oo. When I called to ask about my title 10 days later I was told that I still owed 161.00. I explained to the representative that I did a settlement. She then looked into my records and it showed where I made the agreement. Two weeks later I check my credit report and it is showing a 30 days past due marking from Citifinancial Auto. I called back and was transferred at least 10 times. A Ms. Goodman, team manager, was supposed to call me back; but she didn't. I called again on Monday, and the representative was very rude. I explained to her that all I wanted was my title and the negative credit rating taking corrected with the Credit Bureau. She thens tries to transfer me to someone else; however, she didn't put the phone on hold. I overheard her telling someone that "This woman is giving me a headache over $161.00. I then spoke to Mr. Jackson, and he assured me that my payoff was being processed and I should have my title in about 20 days, which is two month after I paid it off.

This company is very rude. I have been hung up on by representative and no one has resolved the issue with my credit report.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   oxygen1tree260 0 Votes
I am very much interested in joining a class-action suit against Citi Financial [2nd home mortgage].
out of about 1-1/2 to 2 yrs payments, they only credited my principal 3 or 4 mos!!!
It's like I'm paying an interest only Loan, when I know that I am Not!!!
Sometimes I am 1 to 2 months paid ahead, but still Nothing going to Principal!!!
All this time, and my Principal has not gone down, when There should be principal applied Every month.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Daman and Stacy Ackerman 0 Votes
I want to join as well! I called to get a 10 day payoff and they gave me the balance of my auto loan. How is that? I was told that thats what the computer says and thats the payoff. I do agree they are very rude people.
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   SKoontz 0 Votes
These guys are a bunch of common criminals and of course the big bad wolf has his eye on the little guy but what about the outright fraud CITI Financial conducts on a daily basis? Sign me up for the suit, I am making it my personal point to hold these people responsible!

Sean
SKoontz@gmail.com
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   angiechrisripley 0 Votes
I moved to another State. 6 weeks prior to my tags expiring on my birthday, I called the Citifinancial Auto Title department to request a copy so I could renew my tags and drive legally. The man told me he would mail it out that day. That was around June 23rd, 2009. 3 weeks later, around July 6th, 2009, I called Citifinancial Auto again, they said they mailed it. So, I called the Nebraksa license bureau, and they told me they could not mail a copy, the Title has to be the original. So I called Citifinancial Auto back, they said that was correct, they needed the license bureau to send a fax request to mail out the original title. I explained how I had recently been told they would mail it to me, and the person on the phone dismissed that information. Now, on July 31st 2009, the absolute last day before myJuly tags are completely illegal to drive on, I called the license bureau, they still had not received any information. So here I am, my family only has one vehicle, we have a two year old son, I can't drive to work or take hime ANYWHERE...I am in and would love to be a part of this lawsuit. They have given me the run around the last time.

Angela Server
garretan@hotmail.com
cserver69@hotmail.com
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   zoya75 0 Votes
i would love join you people! citifinancial auto is a TOTAL ripoff!
email me at nalchanka@msn.com
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   Daya Washington 0 Votes
I am very glad to see that I am not the only one having issues with this financial institution.

Exhausting is the best way to describe it, today. I just had an upsetting call with a manager and two Collections representatives.

Where do I start? I get the runaround, I am always getting different information from each rep I speak to. I've had a deferment pending since March, it is now August. Every time I'm told to submit ridiculous (like my work phone number - so they can continue to call every sec) information to prolong the process. AT the same time being told "they are helping me"...yeah, right. They have threatened to come get the car at least four times. My insurance is also through them- got into a no-fault car accident...that was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!

To make a long story, short until I can find some quiet time to write out my entire complaint, I will just say -- please include me on this class action suit. I am more than ready to take them on. I have my supporting documents and bank acct records, my loan contract as well as history of payments.

I am still totally unsure as to when I actually started paying on the principal for my car but at any right, I know I paid too much for this car. Total was $16, 000+ at purchase, May 2007. Now, the total is $12, 200. I am ready to sale the car and settle but I have received little direction on that. My blue book value is $9100, retail $11, 525. Come Oct/Nov I want to be rid of this ever consistent headache.

Finally, I am certain that I have made payments that have not been recorded and there is no telling what my credit looks like because I've been told that I have a deferment when I clearly don't if they are calling me every 5 minutes on the hour.

Ridiculous. Keep me posted on the details. Thnx.

Daya Washington
daya.t.washington@gmail.com
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   Cheryl Burgess 0 Votes
please add me to your class action suit - just started dealing with citibank in regards to my auto loan and I can already see it is going to be a nightmare. so far nothing but lies and fees - never received any loan info from citibank but boy did they start calling when their payment was late -tried to explain that I didn't even have a loan number to reference or an address /phone number to contact them until they called to inform me my payment was late. I am already dreading dealing with them on a monthly basis.

please keep me posted.

Cheryl Burgess
ctburgess2@hotmail.com
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   cindyluv 0 Votes
Count me in...I am very much interested in joining a civil lawsuit againts citifinancial auto. My father bought a car in 2003 his interest was 17%!!! he has since then become sick and stopped working full time..& cant be paying for the car through a part time job.The payments are $516 a month..in the meanwhile, I have been helping him...but we have tried to talk to citifinancial auto so that the interest can be lowered so that he can pay it off...they would only agree to do an amendment for 6 months where they extent your payment period, but they cannot reduce the 17% interest rate...almost 270 out of the $500 he pays goes to interest...the company just wont work with us...
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   cindyluv 0 Votes

cindy
cindyluv2000@yahoo.com
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   debbie57 0 Votes
please count me in. I have had a loan through Citi for almost 2 years. It has been a night mare from jump street. I woke up this morning to find my car gone. I have paid my payments All of them and have proof of the payments. They say they can't find 3 of my payments. So when I made Aug payment I made it a week late. Well apparently when I made the payment late. It went in to a liquidation dept and the came and got it. I have delt with this for to long and now I have no car. They told me last Oct it was taken care of and fixed. Then again in April when they for some reason still can't find the payments. I have talked to several people and everyone tells me the same story. Its my responsablity to find my payments... How is that when they clear my bank.. The want copies of my cancelled checks.. Well even though I sent them a physical check it clears my bank as a ACH Debit.. where is my check ? I don't get them, even the lady from the bank told the lady on the phone for Citi. there is not way to get a copy of the check when its a ACH DEBIT... I am sick of this and now I have no car .. where do I go from here ? Debbie
email jprimavera80@verizon.net
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   mharriel22 0 Votes
Please count me in too. I am so frustrated with Citifinancial Auto. I have made all my payments on time for the last 2 yrs. I have proof that I made my payments on time via my online banking. Citi placed a 30 day late in May as well, which reported this month 9/09. I have spoken with 3 supervisors, one of which told me they would remove the 30 day late reporting. I called back the following day as he requested and he just avoided my calls. I am definitely in.

Melissa

email- mharriel2224@yahoo.com
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   RyanMJustin 0 Votes
yeah, i would like to get in on this too! They mail the statements so late, that by the time they get my payemnt all of it goes to interest. So then i started to do 2 phone payments a month and that help, except you can only do 2 payments in one month, so if its a long month your screwed. My last statement had 3 $250 dollar payments and only 12 bucks went to the balance! Im refinancing through a different company, but i want the bastards to pay! I would love to join in on law suits i can.

Ryan M Justin

RyanMJustin@hotmail.com
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   abramarie 0 Votes
I would like to be added to any law suite against Citi Financial Auto.
They are rude, they have created opportunities to add bogus fees to my payments.
I have attempted over and over to contact someone with the authority to make a difference but have been told that I have to go through collection dept. They are only interested in
bullying and dragging information out of you to use against you.
This all started with a payment that I sent in a form of cashier check.
They started calling and harnessing me saying I had not made that months payment.
they required my bank to send proof on three occasions showing that they had gotten my payment and had cashed the check. It took three months for them to at last admit that they had gotten the payment however my credit was dinged with a 90 day late pay and they were charging me additional fees. MZ BROWN was a nightmare. Calling me over and over both my cell and home, At work. Ive been hung up on berated, and Ive been lied to. I can not deal with this company it is ruining my health.
abramarie@hotmail.com
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   smithmj47601 0 Votes
Would very much like to be added to law suite. These people have redone my loan back in april for 411.02, I don't know how many times they ended up taking out 568 out of the account after that, which put my account in a negative balance. Look I know I don't have much but when they continually do this and it ends up taking your gas money. I mean come on! They have done this to the point of my bank actually calling them and speaking with a rep. My bank rep said she had never in her life seen anything like this. One guy will call, "hey we'll work with you, just pay this amount and you're current, we'll get you a deferrment".. you do that and a week later end up getting another call. Hey you owe such and such amount, but if you pay this, you can qualify for deferrment. I'm thinking what the heck are these using for data-base backup??? Don't they have systems to record these transactions and if they do, can they not communicate with each others servers?? I am at my wits end..
smithmj47601@yahoo.com
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   Steve3927 0 Votes
I'm not sure why you are having problems with CitiFinancial Auto. I refinanced my previous loan with them and got an interest rate 3.5 points lower even with some rough credit. When my company cut my hours a few months ago, CitiFinancial deferred TWO monthy payments for me with no penalty. They are also very good to set up a payment a few days after the 10 day grace period if you only get paid bi-weekly with NO penalty. I'm not doubting what you say but I haven't seen those kinds of problems with them. When I trade vehicles I will apply with them again.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   An angry car owner 0 Votes
I have been with Citifinancial for two years. I bought an explore 2007 and financed 22, 300 dollars with these guys. I have paid them a total of 23 payments at $540.oo a month. That comes to about 11, 500.00 total in two years and my balance is great than the original loan. The payoff is now 23, 000. I feel helpless like there no way to get out of this crazy company. They are so rude on the phone. You know this company took stimulus money and now they are getting away with robbing the public blind. If anyone is serious about fighting these people I am all for it. They are going to destroy any chances of fixing your credit.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   michemor 0 Votes
Yes, count me in. Citifinancial is corrupt and what they are doing must be illegal. I made 38 payments on my loan and the balance of my loan is about the same as the amount I financed 3 years ago. How can that be? Now, they've repossessed my vehicle and want $1800 from me to get it back. I don't want it back considering the fact that I've already paid what it's worth and they're saying I still owe $18, 000 which is the amount I financed it for 3 years ago. This is a sleazy, unethical company. Shame on them for taking bail out money and screwing the people that financed through them.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   vjohnson81 0 Votes
Please count me in on the lawsuit. Citi harasses me, my mom and I have paid on time religously up until a few months ago when my son feel ill and was hospitalized. they harassed me while my 7 yr old was in the hospital for a week!!! And as much as i send in my balance is not shrinking!!! They are ripping people off and i'm sick of their rude asses.

Valencia Johnson