logo

Amrutha Avenue-2 in Kundalahalli

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc., Timonium, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Letter received saying no credit given

Bill Me Later Contacts & Informations

Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.

Posted:    Julia Thompson

Letter received saying no credit given

CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.
P.O. Box 5018
Timonium, Maryland
Phone: none given
I received a letter dated 11/18/09 from CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. stating that I was not approved for a purchase from Aeropostale. I have never heard of CIT Bank and have never tried to purchase anything from Aeropostale on line or in any store. It seems that alot of people have gotten these. What should I do if anything?
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. complaints
Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - Letter I received

Comments

13th of Jan, 2010 by   Heather Fields +1 Votes
Julia,
I work for Bill Me Later and have come across your comment. I would be happy to help follow up on this matter, with your help. Please feel free to contact me by email at your earliest convenience at: Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
Heather Fields
Bill Me Later, Inc.
Heather.Fields@billmelater.com
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Maura Rininger +1 Votes
I recieved a letter as well dated 1/29/10 that I purchased something at Office Max for 641.99 and that I was denied a"Bill Me Later" account. I did not buy anything from Office Max nor have i even heard of Bill Me Later. I recently had someone use my Debit card number to try and buy 4100+ dollars in coins from a mint in NY. Thankfully caught it in time and stopped the payment and cancelled the card. I think this is what is happening with this. Please let me know what I can do?

Thanks,
Maura R.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   Sandra S +1 Votes
I recently received a letter dated 3/12/2010 from CIT Bank C/O Bill Me Later stating that I had applied for a purchase to US Airways for $885.40. I have never heard of these people either and they also, did not include a contact number. I had to hunt them down online. This is rediculious.

Sandra M.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   callbuddy +1 Votes
I didn't get a letter but I did get declined for credit at CompUsa by CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. because they claimed Equifax said my information was incorrect. After contacting them They said send a letter. Equifax spent an hour on the phone and went through the app and said that there was nothing incorrect that CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. had something wrong with their system.
After seeing all the complaints about this company seems I was lucky in the trun down.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   Doug Ison +1 Votes
12/13/10 Just received a letter stating I had been turned down for $1770.15 for something I had purchased on Bill Me Later from Hewlett Packard Bill Me Later. I have not applied for anything from Bill Me Later, or HP either. This seems to be another way of being scammed and the public needs to know. I hope this helps someone who has received a letter like mine!
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   NewYork13778 +1 Votes
on 1-10-2011 I recieved a letter, not just one but two..one of those letters was for my 5 year old. It stated that we werent approved for a HP $800.80. I have never applied for any of this. And my 5 yr old certaintly has not applied for anything. I couldnt get ahold of anyone anywhere to see what the hell was going on. Just cant trust anyone these days!
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   DaveJames +1 Votes
I received a letter from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.
This bogus inquiry occurred for a ticket on Delta Airline for $515.40 on 7/18/11. Unable to approve, unable to verify information from, Equifax with a referral to Equifax. I've never heard of any of these vendors, nor have I ever applied for any such credit for airline tickets on Delta. Who are these scam artists?
David
 17th of Sep, 2011 by   SEChacon 0 Votes
Me too! I got a letter dated August 31, 2011 from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.

WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.
P. O. Box 5018
Timonium, MD 21094

"This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Bill Me Later account. Our records show that you requested a Bill Me Later account on 08/31/2011 in connection with a purchase at BML.com Acquisition. We regret we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons: We are unable to verify some of the information you provided with your purchase request. You do not need to respond to this letter. If, however, you have any questions about this service, please contact Bill Me Later at the above address. Thank you, Sincerely, WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah"

And of course there was no phone number on the letter! I am going to fax a copy of the attorney general and I should write a letter to John Quinones!
 20th of Sep, 2011 by   babygirlldbs 0 Votes
OMG. I just received the exact same letter dated for August 30, 2011. The letter was sent to my previous address. What needs to be done? Does someone have access to my personal information?
 25th of Sep, 2011 by   Crystal2011 0 Votes
I have received two of these letters now and was getting worried about it, but really feel sorry for who ever is trying to use my name. I already put my name in the mud so I know better than to apply for a bill me later service. Has anyone figured out how to make them stop coming?
 11th of Dec, 2011 by   Web Bank c/o Bill Me Later 0 Votes
I too just received a letter today from WebBank in Utah about a purchase on 11/23/2011 at Walmart that they were unable to approve me for the service at this time for the following reason. Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by me. I was never in Walmart on 11?23 and never applied to Bill Me Later.
What is going on? They are connected to Paypal, Is someone trying to steal my identity? No signature, no phone number just the address to respond with questions in Timonium, Md. I will call Paypal on Monday, but meanwhile has anyone found out what this is about? Should i send a letter to Md. saying I never was in Walmart or applie for this?
 4th of Jan, 2012 by   K_C 0 Votes
I just got a letter saying;
"This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Bill Me Later account. Our records show that you requested a Bill Me Later account on 12/16/2011 in connections with a purchase at eBay. We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reason; We were unable to verify information provided by you on your application for a Bill Me Later account. Our credit decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer-reporting agency listed below."
I too am wondering if I need to do something about this. Anyone?
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   starfire1 0 Votes
My letter stated,

This letter is in response to your recent request to open a Bill Me Later account. Our records show that you requested a Bill Me Later account on 12/29/2011 in connection with a purchase at OneStop (truereligionbrandjeans.com).

We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reason:

Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you.

I do not know who these people are and i never purchased anything from anyone. It what be in there best interest to stop messing with my personal information. and stop lying before it costs them there freedom. It is not a good thing to feel like you have been victimized. Something needs to be done to keep career criminals from using anyone's information.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   IRS Fraud 0 Votes
I agree, I just received that exact same letter. All this after I found out someone used my name and soc sec # to file a fraudlent tax return with the IRS (a week ago) because mine got rejected due to one had already been submitted. I now have to wait 90 days for an investigation and no refund until case settled. I have a Fraud alert with all 3 credit agencies and have to file a compliant with the FTC.
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   thar1248 0 Votes
Be very careful...I have a Bill Me Later Account and they are the biggest scam since watergate, They say use Bill Me Later with 6 months to pay and then they charge you a 35.00 late fee and when you try to talk to them they say the purchases didn't qualify for the promotion but yet they send you no bill. DO NOT EVER USE THIS SCAM BILL ME LATER. I have reported them to Consumer Protection. I wish I had of check more closely before opening an account with them. It seem they have a habit of using scandalous practices. As soon as I pay them off I am closing my account with them. I have also close my paypal account because they are connected with Bill Me Later. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. CHECK THEM OUT ON CONSUMER.ORG OR PISSED CONSUMER.
 10th of Feb, 2012 by   JRLT7 0 Votes
Wow - what is this all about. I got the same letter today in the mail. Someone did try to use my credit card onnline (thankfully my credit card company caught it) - so I am wondering if this is related. Who should I contact to report this too????
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   wiz-kid 0 Votes
I am guessing from the looks of these posts that Bill me later is a scam to get your info. I tried to use it and it sent me the decline letter, but no way to contact except by postal mail.
It tells me that it assumes the attempt to purchase was not made by me, but I put in everything correct 2 times. I guess I had better take a look at my credit daily until this is resolved.
 13th of Apr, 2012 by   mitzi555 0 Votes
Recieved the same letter, but I apparently tried to purchase $1688.50 worth of stuff from the Walmart online. I immediately went to equifax which is the reporting company on the letter and checked my report. They definitely did go into my credit and pull it, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!! I placed a fraud alert on the account for the next 90 days, if anyone else tries to do the same, and open an account using my info, I will know about it.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   bill me later fraud 0 Votes
What can you do about this? I also received a letter from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. Timonium, MD 21094 same situation. Denied credit from a company "NewEgg" never been to this site, never applied forr an account with Bill me Later, Never gave out my personal inforrmation. What can you do about this? Only contact is for Equifax. Hoping none for my personal records are compromised!
 5th of May, 2012 by   To hell in a hand basket 0 Votes
Received letter on 5 may 2012 web bank c/o bill me later ( g e capital retail bank.also sent letter..connected to paypal) someone has my personal info...g.e. Bank had my ss# etc! I called them and spoke with fraud dept) Called equifax to lock credit info... Last personal info sent by me was to citibank ...maybe that's the 'leak'...sounded like I was talking to someone in India . The tech world has ruined privacy... I never used Internet for anything personal until about 6 months ago. All companies are forcing you into using online services so THEY can save money. Customer service is crap for any and all companies...

Avoid Identity Theft While Traveling