Extended warranty

I am currently trying to get advice on my ordeal with my 04 Chrysler extended warranty. I purchased the vehicle new in Feb. 04 with a 5year/ 100, 000 mile warranty My vehicle just turned 70.000 miles. I have been told by the dealer-ship and Chrysler that my warranty runs out June 08, this year. They both tell me that the in-service date is June 03 which is eight months before I owned the car. My copy of the original warranty agreement states the in-service date as Feb. 26, 2004. Now who has the correct information? I have read other complaints on the in-service date as being a problem and to be

be careful on your extended warran-tees. No one ever explained the in-

service date deal to me the day I purchased the vehicle. I don't see how Chrysler can get away with cheating their customers on their warranties if my original copy has the date of Feb 26, 2004. If this is not enough to protect me then where is the honesty and integrity of this major auto maker? Beware even if you have signed documents! I am currently awaiting a response from Chrysler Warranty. I have faxed all my paper work to Chrysler Warranty last week so let's just see if they honor their agreement or if they

wait to respond "after my warranty expires" according to their records.
Complaint comments Comments (15) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Bought new. Now transmission has failed at 58,000 miles. Not covered by warranty.
 27th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
bought a Selbring LXI 2001, transmission broke down at 75.000 miles. Repaired it and broke donw a year and a month later.
 8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Unsolicited phone calls

After 5 days of being late I get between 8-12 calls a days both at work and on my cell. Repeated message URGENT MESSAGE! How urgent can 5 days late on your auto be. The reps on the phone have the worst manner in the world. They speak to you as your the worst scum in the world. They have even called my mom and got payment from her. Is that ethical. We have about 12 chrysler products within my family. I will never ever buy a chrysler again.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - blacklisted engineer
chrysler and compuware

Chrysler, compuware and a division of compuware called professional services all state no record of my employment.. witness lies under oath..watch my video to pressure them to end this injustice! google: blacklisted engineer to capture my video!

bill butler
 15th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with you. They harrass you to the point that you cannot talk to them. I am one month behind and trying hard, but they call every day of the week, up to 12 times a day. Some are from personal cell phones that they have hired people to do. I make payments when I can now. I will not talk to them. They harrass my daughter too and she is under 18. That is taking it too far. I realize I owe my bills and I am doing the best I can but my financial situation changed. They impolitely informed me that I signed the papers stating I could make the payments. I signed the papers with the understanding I could refi to a lower rate...guess what...they won't budge. Told me it wasn't their problem. I could take the car to my local dealer to turn it in. I told them to come and get it.
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - When are they going to have a new cars

When will Chrysler new models be coming out. The Detroit Auto show is the big event and they have none. I know they are partnered with Fiat now and it could be good but i want to know when they are going to have new cars.

Would someone at Chrysler please respond and let me and all the other buyers know.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
This has to be the worse company to buy warranty from. Once you need the warranty they do not want to help you. This Chrysler company sucks.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes

Chryler does not want to help after you take the warranty.
 9th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Rusted frame

Rusted K Frame with Chrysler Pcifica 2004. I was told it was unsafe to drive and am waiting to hear back from Chrysler.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Non-payment

I'm a driver associate (truck driver) delivering componets for Chrysler vehicles and they are in the business/habit of not paying its partners for services rendered! I want my money!!
 25th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
I purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 new in 2009 with a lifetime power-train warranty and purchased a lifetime extended warranty at the same time now at approx 45000 miles I have a breakdown on the highway and have my truck towed 70 miles back to Phoenix to the Dealer only to have Chrysler deny repairs under the warranty. Sounds like Corporate Fraud to me. I'll never purchase a vehicle from Chrysler again. This I'm sure is an illegal practice and to think the government bailed them out with tax payer money and they think they can sell you something worthless and not stand behind it makes me sick!
 8th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am currently having the same issue. I spent $2000 on extended warranty and have NEVER been able to use it...all repairs have come out of my pocket...when I pulled out the brochure and read what it said to the customer service rep at Crystler I was told this was only a selling point...false advertisement??
 19th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Dodge Ram pickup, we were foolish to listen to the sales pitch about extended warranty, cost us $1K, at 32, 000 miles it covers NOTHING, zero, everything excluded. Waste of money, but now that is close to expiration I get ads in the mail several times a week wanting us to buy an extension ... Sure wish I had the $1K I wasted on the worthless warranty to put towards the repairs we paid out of pocket. BEWARE.
 3rd of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I own a 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie used 3 yrs ago with the Mopar Vehicle Protection (4 yr unlimited mile max care with car rental and towing). I had to take my truck in for issues with my transmission and had to have it overhauled 3 seperate times in less than 6 months. It has been in the shop out of commission for over 8 weeks for these repairs. Due to my frustrations with having to take it back several times for the same issue (transmission), I asked for a replacement. I was denied and told that they only replace what is broken. In other words, they do NOT overhaul the transmission like all other car/truck manufacture warranties, they only replace any small broken components and put back all the old used high mileage parts and give it back to you. I am so disgusted with Dodge and Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan that I will NEVER buy their products!!!
 9th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Thank you all for your comments. I just bought a 2014 Jeep Compass as NEW but it had been driven by an employee of the dealership as a program car. I was encouraged to buy the MOPAR extended warrranty. Less than a year into driving, I find out that this extended warranty overlaps with my manuf. warranty of 3 years or 36000 miles. Why would I pay for an overlap? Appears they will replace items if they break but not normal wear and tear. I am not a mechanic, how will I know the difference and since all companies are so profit oriented, do you think they will tell me the truth. Good News, I found out that I can get a refund on my extended warranty which I paid $1700. Let's see how much they jipp me on the pro-rated amount. As consumers we have to stay alert!

Contact Us