logo

Posted: 2011-07-30 by    craftymama2

unauthorized charges

facebook
Oregon
unauthorized charges - underage grandson playing games on internet. credits charged to my credit card without being autorized by me. I never gave my credit card number to facebook or c.facebook.com/credit.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2011 by   reds4425 0 Votes
I have charges for Jul 18 (2) Jul26(3) Jul 30... I asked for it, got charged for it but never got the money for cityville...
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   labib yalda 0 Votes
my name is labib yalda, i would like for some one to help me with these charges that were made to my card without my aprovel. this is the second time i had a problem with facebook. i would like to konw why its so easy to get in someones acct. And make charges to poker games.. which i dont even play poker. It was with zenga now i have a problem ultimuat poker. i would like somone to get back to ASAP so that i can solve this problem. I already contacted my credit card and made a fraud purches on my acct. please help me to solve this matter. My email is moneylabib@yahoo.com
labib yalda
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   Lena Thompson 0 Votes
The weekend of 08-20-11, a family member who is UNDER THE AGE OF18, played Cityville and "bought coins" - he was unaware that he was spending real money. On Monday, I saw receipt payments from facebook while checking emails around 5:30 or 6 pm. Now, our family's checking account now has 8 charges from facebook that total $305 + overdraft fees (unknown amt until charges clear) + payment that had money in the account now have to be paid by overdraft plan due to facebook charges + additional overdraft fees. I want ALL CHARGES REMOVED FROM OUR CHECKING ACCOUNT IMMEDIATLEY. Debit card connected to accounts is no longer active / I could not locate a number to contact anyone when I looked on facebook Monday night. While at the bank, they found a telephone number on the bank charges, which was 1-650-543-7818 BUT that number only gave me the website c.facebook.com/credits AND to file a complaint through another system it is processing fee of $25.00 WHAT A SCAM AND RIPOFF!!! I want charges removed from my account before I go to the attorney(s) that I have worked for in the past. lenathompson19@yahoo.com 573-915-3957
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy 0 Votes
I don't think that matters js. But that is a good question. Like Zachary said if they are old enough to use Facebook they should know what they did was wrong. If they are not, and the parent wants their underaged child using Facebook than they should monitor them. Chances are the kids knew what they were doing and once they got caught they are lying. A lot of comments were deleted, but here goes. Make them do chores to pay the debt. Then ground them from using the internet unless they are being supervised. As you can see even a child of 12 such as Zachary knows that this is real money. To use Facebook the minimum age is 13, while I don't see a problem with under 13's using Facebook as long as the parent approves the parents should explain to them what they can't do and can't. They should tell them under no circumstances can they give personnel info such as the credit card number. If you take it to court they will tell you the same thing. Be more responsible for your children's activities.
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy +1 Votes
I believe in a case like that the parents are still held responsible. Some companies will remove the charges, some will remove a percent of the charges in a case like this. Then once they remove the charges they will tell you that next time they won't do the same. They will also take away the perks of the game which cost extra money. Also I wonder if the child is really the one who put in the credit card number of it it was actually Lena Thompson and craftymama2 who gave the credit card number and had fun with the site, did not keep track of the money they spent and then lied and said their child used the credit card without permission. That is another possibility. Not saying it happened just a possibility. Either way if they are going to remove the charges whether a percentage or full, with Lena Thompson's attitude they would not. They want you to at least accept some responsibility and Lena is not accepting any. They will tell her the same thing, supervise the child, tell them what they can and can't do. Come on now even a child of eight knows that using a credit card is real money. They may not know that it shows up on the parents bill later on but they do know it is real money.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Lena Thompson 0 Votes
I have received a notice from Facebook that the actual charges only will be removed. I promise you that I did not use my son for a personal scapegoat & find it hard to believe that a parent would actually do that to their child. We never played "shop" & child did not give credit card number - life was too busy most of the time / system already had the information. Believe me the situation has been thoroughly discussed & that part is resolved / extra chore time & less computer time has already started --- I now realize that this is apparently just an opionion posting of comments / we all have opinions & thank you for shedding your light on this matter.
 3rd of Sep, 2011 by   jennifer randall-trevino 0 Votes
I never got my gold for gardens of time and I was charged twice what do I do?
 2nd of Oct, 2011 by   steve ledoux 0 Votes
my credit card was charged five times, four of them were for 5.40 and the last one was for 10.80 cents.I did not authorized any of these transatcion and i be leave that they were done by mistake and would like to have this fixed as soon as i can please
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   Florence Wilson-Villafana 0 Votes
I had an account with farmville now my underage daughter plays monster world and don't know it is not a game with fake money, made a purchase of $90.90 which was not authorized by me i will like to have the money credited to my account. Thank you in advance.

Please contact me at 718-922-1487 or 4success2day@gmail.com
 5th of Nov, 2011 by   betty lagway-smith 0 Votes
my name is betty smith. i made a purchase for some cityville cash. the total came out to 6 dollars and some change. i want to know why my card was billed for 11 dollars and 74 cents. this is really bad because you'll take people money and we have no way of contacting you regarding wrong charges. it only takes you a few minutes to take one's money, now i'm waiting to see how long it takes to respond to a complaint. thank you looking forward to hearing from you.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   Kathryn Frazier 0 Votes
My name is Kathryn I text you days ago and have yet to hear from you. I was charged 10 times for $20.00 each which I did not do and recieved nothing. I would like this matter taken care of as soon as possible please. My email is katiedog4@centurylink.net, and my number is 419-692-2583. Looking forward to hearing from you.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   adams1980s 0 Votes
my name is staci adams and i was wrighting to stop the charges that was made on june 1 i did not atherize it and i need it back so i can feed my kids please
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   littleshorty 0 Votes
hmmmm
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   adams1980s 0 Votes
some how my card number was on the computer and i dont know how all i know was my nabor was useing my computer all the sudden my money was gone
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   adams1980s 0 Votes
can some one help me get help
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   littleshorty 0 Votes
Ask Brenda.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   Brenda789 0 Votes
Since you asked, call the credit card company and report the unauthorized charges. You will need to close the account so more charges do not happen and they can find who is making the charges. I don't believe you are responsible for fraudulent charges, but call them and find out, hope you feel better soon, I've had many cards stolen/loss, last time a few months ago at work! Good luck!
 5th of Jul, 2012 by   brenda.younggarcia 0 Votes
I have sent a complaint about an unauthorizes charge with my credit card and recieved any feedback yet. My daughter was playing a game she is ONLY 4 years old and charge my credit card 100.00 can I please get an answer on when can I get my money back. It is pretty sad when u tried 2 contract u all and can't get help n person. My # is 1 843 384 1489 please im beging for some1 to respond back 2 me. My name is Brend Young Garcia on my facebook page and also my name.
 11th of Nov, 2012 by   kennypooh 0 Votes
there have been three charges to my card today from facebook i have caned the card i want to know who usedit and my money back .i will need info.
 22nd of Nov, 2012 by   Gaynell Dozier Gregory 0 Votes
There was a $200.00 charge off my credit card that should not have been. I would like my money back, Thank you.

Gaynell Dozier