logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (22 mins ago)
ABS-CBN
primetime niyo ang boys over flowers
4. (33 mins ago)
Poor services

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Centurylink, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Overcharging/Not keeping promised quote

Centurylink Contacts & Informations

Centurylink

Posted:    Completely outraged

Overcharging/Not keeping promised quote

Centurylink
North Carolina
I am very dissappointed with this company and I am unsure how they are still in business if they treat all of their customers the way they have treated us. We were with Embarq/Centurylink for a year for phone and internet service. We did not need cable because our apartment complex provided that for free. However, we then purchased a house last June and were going to go with another provider but called Embarq/Centurylink and they offered us a better deal to stay with them and get phone/internet and Dish Network for 87.90 plus taxes for 6 months plus 175 master card then it would go up to 127 plus taxes after 6 months. Then we got our first bill and I knew it would be more because of installation fees and so on but then a few months later I got a bill for like $200. I called and they proceeded to tell me that they are not sure who I talked to but the deal they told me about is impossible for them to give me and then said they could not come down to that price. Eventually they gave me another deal that was supposed to be for a year from that date and that never happened either. Our bill has never been even close to what they have promised us ever. It is always a different price every single month.

We are on a budget like most Americans and when they promise that it is going to be a certain price, that is what it should be and should not change month to month. I understand a few dollars either way for taxes but not 104 1 month and 148 the next and so on. We can cancel Centurylink but we are in a contract with Dish for the remainder of the 2 year contract so basically we are stuck. We have to call on a monthly basis and they promise us a new price and then we get a bill a few months later and it's different. Then when we call back they tell us that something went up because we only had that fo 9 months or for 3 months. They do not tell you all these things when you sign up. I have asked several times for a confirmation of sevices that we are receiving with exact prices, which we have never received. I am outraged that they conduct business this way and promise people a certain price and then later say that was impossible. We are currently looking for a new service provider for our internet and phone service because we can no longer continue doing business with people that are stealing from us!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2010 by   CenturyLinkJoey 0 Votes
My name is Joey and I work for CenturyLink. I am sorry to read about the issues you have had. I will be more than happy to investigate this issue and see what I can do to resolve the problem. Can you email me details with your account information? My email is Joey@CenturyLink.com. Our customer outreach has been helping customers online on sites like Complaintsboard.com for over two years. Let us know what we can do to help.

Thanks,