logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merlin Loans
took money from my account
2. (0 mins ago)
CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
CHEVROLET Programs & Events Department
3. (10 mins ago)
ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India
Money2india: read this before you use the service!
4. (13 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (48 mins ago)
Sars
Incompetence and non willingness to help

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-11-01 by    mac159

Billing/Customer Service

Centurylink
Des Moines, Iowa
I have been with Centurylink for about a year and a half now. I just have internet service with them to take some online classes. I have recently transferred my service to a new address and received a bill for $63.99; it says the monthly charge is $59.99. I called to get this corrected as my bill is supposed to be $27.50 a month. After being on the phone for an hours and 20 minutes and being transferred several times she tells me the discount did not transfer over but before she can change it back to what it was before I would need to pay a $25 deposit. When I ask why and if this will be refunded she didn't know. She talked to her manager and they said they THINK that it is because I have transferred services within the state 3 times. This didn't make since to me and I was not going to give them a deposit after I have been with them for over a year and they didn't even know what it was for. She spoke with someone else whom said it was because my SSN and date of birth wasn't on file. After I gave her that info she put me on hold again and then hung up on me. I thought she would call back since she asked for my # at the beginning of the call just in case we were disconnected and of course she did not. I called in to have them fix something THEY messed up and then they want to charge me unexplainable fees??? What HORRIBLE customer service!!
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Mechanic Scams