logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
2. (1 mins ago)
Lumera
Their terms and conditions are fake
3. (2 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (2 mins ago)
Prime Group
Terrible company!
5. (18 mins ago)
Southern Energy Homes
roof leaks and horrible customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Carphone Warehouse

Posted:    RichG85

Mislea sales

Carphone Warehouse
I purchased a laptop on 09/10/09 from Westfeild. Upon the purchase there was a disagreement by 2 staff members about the laptop being a demo product. The seal of the box was opened and when questioned why it did not come completely sealed, i was told that the sales agent opened it to check the product in the back office. However after confirming with Leasa Crowe (sales agent) i was assured by her that the manager has agreed it was new. On the box itself it is maked demo and scratched over which the manager thereafter initialled against the scratch to confirm the laptop is brand new.I asked Leasa if she had any other stock of the PC as I was not happy with taking home a tampered box but she said its the last pc left so i asked her if she could order another one for mebecause i was willing to wait and she said that was not possible.I thereafter took their word that the PC was new and Leasa also kept emphasizing that there are NO RETURNS. Upon arrival to my home i switch on the pc, I was appalled to notice all settings were pre-loaded and I was not given the option to set up and configure the settings, unlike a new laptop would start up, also folders were already created. I am quite knowledgeable about laptops and have owned many to know the start up process. Further there is two users created, one being branch login and the other, GIS user. There are also passwords set up (which are unknown to me) restricting me from installing the mobile broadband. I am a first time customer to Carphone Warehouse and i am utterly disgusted with the customer experience. I will surely escalate this matter as i feel as i have been mislead and cheated and sold a demo item, rather than a new one which i have paid for.I have emailed their customer services division and to date still await their response.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Chinese Nuke Scam