logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (41 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
3. (43 mins ago)
SCAM! Beware!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Carol Wright, Edison, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Web site send you to an outside partner that has a record of defrauding people

Carol Wright Gifts Contacts & Informations

Carol Wright

Posted: 2011-07-05 by    Ticoman

Web site send you to an outside partner that has a record of defrauding people

Carol Wright
Edison, New Jersey
Phone: 800-345-5866
carolwrightgifts.com
While buying an item online from Carol Wright, there was a button on the screen that said: This order qualifies for $10 cash back -- Click To Claim
I wasn't aware of the scam at the time, so I clicked. The first screen asked for name, address, and possibly to enter the credit card number. Since I thought I was dealing with Carol Wright, I entered the information.
Well, it turns out that I had just gone to Freshipping.com and subscribed, according to them, to an auto-renewing monthly membership at $11.97 per month with FreeShipping.com. I never received the $10 back from Carol Right, but beginning the next month, charges started appearing on my credit card. I frankly did not recognize them until the third month, as I buy several things a month from the Internet, but on the third month, I followed up by calling the 800 number on the charge, 800-869-5597. They, Freeshipping.com, explained to me that I had signed up back in April, and were only willing to refund the current month's charge and cancel my membership. I don't remember accepting the membership, as I make a practice not to buy memberships of this kind. I had gotten burnt several years back. They told me they had sent a confirmation email, which if I did not reply to, they would assume I wanted the membership. I believe the email went to SPAM, as my ISP sends a lot of these types of email to the SPAM bucket. Bottom line, stay away from this outfit, and from any companies that associate themselves with Freeshipping.com via these offers for rebates, free shipping, and provide links at their site. I will be very leery of doing business with Carol Wright again.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments