logo

Movielush
Hacked my bank account!
4. (19 mins ago)
tn lottery
cheating player out of thier money
5. (29 mins ago)

Posted:    Alice

Awful company

CarMax
carmax.com
When I purchased the vehicle they refused to let me test drive it on the highway. After purchasing the vehicle it had major problems when driven on the highway. It felt like the front tire would fall off.

It took from the end of July until the end of September to get this problem fixed. It will never be completely fixed because the GM dealer that finally did the work said that it was completely irreparable. Each time I got it back from CARMAX they assured me it was fixed.

This was due to a major defect in the driveshaft. This is something they claim to inspect and make sure it is right before they sell it. Bull shit!

I did some research and found this car was previously in an accident. CARMAX got pissed off at me when I found this out. They refused to take back the vehicle, only to fix it.

They were not even able to do this. So much for their policy on the fact that they will never sell a wrecked vehicle with frame damage.

When I purchased my vehicle it had EXTREME water spots on it. I was assured that they would wash off. Bull Shit!

They had to have one of their detailers buff the windows. They left them looking like shit. I complained. Mind you I had looked at the windows in detail and the spots were the only thing on them.

When I took it back and pointed this out I was assured they would take care of it right. They took care of it all right. They scratched the shit out of them. Mind you these are not little scratches, they are deep and go through the factory tint.

I brought this to their attention. I was told 'so what, this is a used vehicle and these scratches meet our standards. We are not going to do anything about it'.

I had to take it back yet again the next day and I pointed out the mess they left from cleaning them. They promised to take care of it.

Guess what? I got it back the next day with even more scratches, and deeper ones. This time there was one 5-6', through the tint, on the drivers side of the windsheild. They told me they were not doing anything about it.

I contacted my insurance company. The inspector asked me 'who the h**l keyed the s**t out of your windows?'. They authorized full replacement of ALL the windows. They would attempt to get my deductible from CARMAX.

I spoke with CARMAX corporate. What a joke! They had me meet with the store manager.

She looked at the vehicle with several other people. The others were shaking their heads in disgust at the way the windows looked. She looked at me and said, 'we'll replace only the windsheild and the 2 front side windows'.

I would not accept this. She informed me that my vehicle was a value vehicle so they would do no more than that.

I asked her to just pay the deductible on my car insurance and let me get it fixed right. She got real defensive and refused telling to take her offer or leave it. I refused her lame offer to fix damage they caused. She just then walked away.

Nothing has been done about my windows. Nothing. Even after I got the car back the last time they never called to make sure it was right.

CARMAX SUCKS! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF - GUARANTEED!!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Rebecca 0 Votes
Just a brief report of my experiences with these scam artists. They lure people in thinking that they are a different, safer way to buy and sell cars. But they basically prey on those who don't have a clue what they are doing. As bad as car dealers are, at least with car dealers you can negotiate buying and selling prices.

My experience today with trying to sell my car, was an eye opening experience. After getting an appraisal, I was offered a comically low price for my 2007 Camry, Thank God I did my homework. I can imagine the multitude of saps that believe these guys. While I waited for my appraisal I looked at a 2001 Corolla with 64K on it that they had priced at a non negotiable $9500.

The offer they gave me for my 2007 Camry with 39K miles, in perfect condition (as per their appraisal)- $10000! I laughed in his face. Check out some of their prices at their stores that sell both used and new cars. The new car price is often LOWER than an identical used car from them! DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND SHOP AROUND.
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   SuperVepr 0 Votes
You did the right things. Do you homework and be prepared to walk away from a bad situation. Bravo!
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   AnnoyedatCarmax 0 Votes
I would sue carmax. I hope you have all the pictures before and after they did the damage. Also the fact that it was in a wrect is negligence.

Cheapest Overnight Shipping