Canada Post

Failed delivery

Canada Post
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
A small package (about 500 g) was mailed from Scarborough, Ontario on Thursday March 25 to my address in Edmonton, Alberta. It hasn't arrived as of Thursday 8 April. When checking the tracking number, I was horrified to find that the package had arrived in Edmonton postal depot on Saturday 3 April, and finally the item was sent out for delivery on the 7th. Having not received it as of 5.30pm on the 8th, I phoned the Canada Post and received no satisfactory answer, except I was advised to contact the sender and put a trace on it.

Imagine the package is sitting somewhere a few blocks from my home for 5 days, and Canada Post was unable to deliver it.

They are eager to raise the postage rates regularly, it charges one of the highest rates in the world for letter mail and parcels, and the lowest speed in delivering them. Perhaps the only country that charges GST on stamps, and charges $5 for delivering customs parcels. It is time to replace the greedy heads of this inept crown corporation with people who can afford a little care towards its customers.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

12th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I ordered a new netbook through Bestbuy end of last year. Normally the shipment would normally takes 4-5 days after the order confirmed. You know what, I waited more than 3 weeks ( 21 days) to get delivered to my place. I checked with Bestbuy online customer services and they found out to me that my new netbook was still sitting in the post office. Canada Post is SUCKS! They are not deserved to raise the fee.
 27th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
What I don't understand about Canada Post is how the stamps have that red "P" on the bottom corner. It's supposed to mean that you're protected from postage hikes, and yet to my understanding it doesn't protect you at all. So now if you use the older stamps with the "P" on it, you'll still need to put a few extra cents onto it for the price hike.
 10th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I love how they will stop a letter and take the time out to return it asking for their penny or whatever amount it is yet people like yourself are sitting there waiting and waiting and they don't make any effort or very minimal to try to address the problem.
 6th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
We live in a condo complex and have an intercom phone number. For the last several times we have been home when deliveries were made, but we were not contacted that the post man had a package for us. Instead, in our mail box was a notification that we had to go to the post office to pick up the parcel. Is Canada Post no longer delivering packages to residents in condos even though all the post man has to do is dial our number on the intercom and we would gladly go pick them up from the post man? It is annoying to have to go to the post office to pick up these parcels and not until the next day! - Dr. Herman & Ardath Effa
 18th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Please share your experiences here on Facebook page " Canada Post Fail - we demand accountability": http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada-Post-Fail-we-demand-accountability/152229818166902
 9th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Unfortunately Canada post has been using third parties such as Greyhound to deliver parcels.
There is absolutely no postal security for these parcels that go through Greyhound Canada
there are also several other third parties that I have not been able to obtain the name of
be warned Canada post security is nonexistent as soon as your mail enters these third parties
 24th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Parcels sitting for days in Edmonton is common it seems they dont want to send a truck out unless it is packed tight as they might have to pay the driver for the day and he could be finished a bit early.
 16th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I mailed a 30 inch tube filled with a painting made by me to a friend in montreal (I'm in sasktachewan). When I went to the post office. I said how much to ship this to Montreal-provided the address and stressed its value and importance that it gets there safe and secure. I was not offered registered just given an amount and label to ship it. I asked the lady-this has a tracking number and everything? She said yes. Since I never ship with Canada post I assumed that they would require a signature etc... Apparently not-and me stressing the value and importance of its safe arrival wasn't enough to trigger for her to offer me registered shipping. (Partly my mistake but I usually ship UPS to the USA and they just tack it on there for me.) The shipping was to take 5 business days and was sent out on June 4th. According to the tracking number the parcel hit Montreal on Monday June 8th. Then on June 11 it said it was out on truck for delivery. When my friend didn't receive his parcel by Monday June 15-he checked the tracking number and was confused to see that it was allegedly delivered to him on Monday June 8th. The parcel was supposed to be delivered to his place of business-he can see his mailbox through his front entrance and personally waited on the mail every day since I had sent him the shipping tracking number. He never received this parcel and called Canada post. They told him I had to start a claim which I did. The lady I spoke with kept stressing how I should have bought shipping insurance to which I informed her it was never offered... not that it matters since I have to repaint the painting... I can't just go buy it from a store. She was quite rude and unhelpful, but informed me I would hear from someone by June 22 and if I don't' to call back. No call came to me or my friend so on June 22 I called them again and was told that they still had no news... they can't tell me anything about where they package was supposedly sent to and that someone would call me later that day as that's what it says on my claim number. No phone call claim. I did get an email that says they were sorry about my experience and that the expected resolution date was July 15. I was very upset to hear this as I had stressed the fragile nature of the tube with art work inside it. I still had no contact from Canada post nor did my friend until July 6th when they called him to ask him if he had seen photos of the art work that was sent-he told them of course. They said thank you and hung up. I was really excited to hear this news hoping that meant the painting was found. Only that very night I received an email from a Maureen stating that my parcel had been delivered according to the customer and my claim was now closed... I immediately called my friend and found out that he had still not recieved it. I then phoned Canada post again and spoke with a Tyler and expressed my anger and frustration. This is not a small envelop its a large tube-its not like it can just slip through a crack somewhere in one of the trucks. At this point they still can't even tell me what address they allegedly delivered the package to. There are not many buildings by his... he's checked with his neighboring businesses for accidental delivery and he's the only one in that particular city with his name... I even asked Tyler whether the mail carriers have to scan the tracking number before they put it in the box to which he claimed yes... so how was my mail scanned as delivered a full 3 days before it was even out on truck for delivery. How do they mark it as delivered off of the question have you seen photos of it? Why the shady late phone call asking about the art photos in the first place...Why can't they access what address was logged when it was delivered... There is definitely something shady going on here. They reopened the claim and are now still "searching" but at this point I'm starting to feel as though either they damaged it and tossed it or their mail carrier stole it and they're just trying to cover their ass... Its been over a month since I sent the painting and its still missing---no accountability or updates... they have only contacted the receiver once and have no information about the progress of the search... I just want my art found and delivered safely to the receiver or returned to me. I will NEVER ship anything CANADA post again and really feel that they need to be held accountable for the insecure handling of peoples mail/packages. This is my bad for trying to support Canadian Post economy instead of going FedEx or UPS

Contact Us