logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
SHRINKABULLS.COM CHAMPBULLDOGS.COM
con artists, liars, frauds, animal neglect
2. (1 mins ago)
GULF SHORE EQUESTRIAN CENTER
UNPROFESSIONAL
3. (3 mins ago)
Chase Claims Department
denied fraud claim
4. (18 mins ago)
uk department@live.com
how to claim the prize amount
5. (21 mins ago)
tophairwigs.com
Scam – don’t buy from them, they deliver nothing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Brinks Security Lighting System

Posted:    Blazer Grama

Instructions

Re: Brinks Security Lighting System

Bought your Brinks Security Lighting system for my home but no instructions were in the box. Need information on how to set the light.

Just sent an e-mail forgot to give the model No which is 7222W.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Feb, 2007 by   Jamie Thoomas 0 Votes
Brinks Home Security:

Brinks I am writing to discover what your advertising for the brinks home security system means. I have been watching the brinks home security commercials for years, and the only people I see who seem to need protecting per your commercials are either white women or white women and their white children mostly female white children.

In the society we live in there is much research that goes into commercials and who the target audience is or who the target audience is not.

So with that in mind the question then becomes weather you all at brinks are flat raciest is the client base you are looking for just bigots, and therefore not looking for any money for a home security system from African Americans or will I experience a different type of treatment or response time from you all based upon the information I have you have shown advertised to me for several years per your commercials.
These are not images I have conjured up but this is the information that has been sent to me in commercial advertisements while watching my favorite Television shows for years , if I am wrong please to explain your ad’s and if I am wrong why of all of the images to project, why does your advertisements reflect only white females and their children who need protecting.

You all at brinks are smart enough to has a security system that can and is networked across the nation from state to state and has the ability to go into almost any home, so with such very smart people there why is this particular type of information projected to me and countless others across the nation. People who may not be able to express what they see and feel but have similar questions. As we know one viewer such as myself who takes the time to express certain views represent a percentage of the viewing population. In short who are the bigots, you all or just who you want as your customers because if that’s the case I’ll just keep looking for a service to protect my home my African American wife and my African American children I feel is valuable as well despite your one sided or slanted advertisements. Please correct me.

www.ebonyjet.com
www.blackamericatoday.com

Black Diaspora Magazine
Contact: Benesia Babb and Jerry King, managing editors
Email:blakdias@earthlink.net

The Wall street Journal
 21st of Jun, 2007 by   Chris Jardin -1 Votes
I am a Brinks customer and I can tell you that Brinks is an unethical company so it doesn't surprise me that they have no sensitivity regarding that type of portrayal by their advertising. Brinks currently has many complaints against them through the BBB (Better Business Bureau, yet the BBB continues to endorse Brinks as a BBB approved company.
 7th of Dec, 2007 by   terrel jackson 0 Votes
Why does everything have to be always a black and white thang? My brutha, please stop your ignorance. It is African Americans like you that uses the "bias against blacks" all the time when something doesn't go your way. I hope you don't treat your children this vicious cycle. Our culture has a lot of issues. One of them being that only 5% of us in America are educated and have decent jobs. For the rest of them... yes I refer it to "them", get out of that cycle and do something for yourself and not your color. Education eliminates ignorance... I assume you are half? Maybe a high school graduate?

Blessing.

Dr. T. Jackson Sr.
DDA
 12th of Feb, 2008 by   Cathy Mauricio +1 Votes
We purchased your series 7222 a couple of years ago and today one of them quit working. It says on the box that they are warranted for life. So, what do I need to do to get another one?

Cathy Mauricio
12300 SW 11th St.
Yukon, OK 73099-7092
 29th of May, 2008 by   Bob Sampson 0 Votes
I need some advice. I have installed two outdoor coach lanterns. Series 7224 and they do not work. I had them for aprox 8 months and they were working ok. But now they are not. There is power going to the units. The red and green lights wont light as well as the bulbs that have been replaced. Please advise me or e mail me instructions and trouble shooting guide.
Thank you! Bob Sampson
Swansea, Massachusetts.
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   Russell Goss 0 Votes
I just purchased a model 7224BK coach lamp. There were no instructions inside the box. I'm only interested in the controls at the base of the unit and how they are involved in the setting up of each of the light's advertised functions. Would you please send the information via e-mail or tell me how I can obtain them. Thankyou
 7th of Aug, 2008 by   Dan Torrans 0 Votes
I bought the 200 watt outdoor motion sensor light and there were no instructions for setting the motion sensor
please help
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   Michael Matthewson 0 Votes
I need the directions to the Brinks security system 7224BK
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by   RoBert 0 Votes
seems like many of us were screwed by this lousy product
 14th of May, 2009 by   Randy Ski +1 Votes
I bought a Brinks Security dust to down light with in a week the light started going dim almost out for 45 seconds or so and then it will very quickly get bright again. it will repeat this about every
hour or 2 all night long.. Do you have any ideas on how to fix it??? it was about $90.00 at Lowe's. $50.00 to put it up. I watched him install it per the instructions...I don't won't to take it down if I don't have to!!! Thank you Randy Ski
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   robert522 0 Votes
maybe brinks /broadview is such a company that it dosent even see race i am a tech for a dealer branch and we have a culturally diverse customer base and we definitely dont discriminant at all
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Brinks Security Lighting +1 Votes
Just purchased model #7671W Brinks .The lighting system did NOT come with instructions. Charged solar panel. The unit worked for 5 MINUTES!!! I had already purchased two of the same units (which did not work at all). Gave them to my parents. They told me they did not work over 1 year after purchase.(To save me hard feelings).
I am now invested over $240.00 in product that does not work!!!
How do I get reimbusred for the first TWO units?
I thought Brinks was supposed to be a GOOD brand. This changes my mind about your company.
Please respond via email at marshapimentel@att.net
 19th of Sep, 2010 by   MENINBLK +1 Votes
Brinks Security Lighting Systems are made by Hampton Products International Corp. They are not affiliated with Brinks at all...
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   fabricman +1 Votes
I just bought the model # 7160w and it doesn't have instructions what is going on with this company?
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   orpoboy 0 Votes
Please what is the email address so I may order instructions for my 7010 halogen security light system>
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   orpoboy 0 Votes
all the other complaints with Brinks, has sure surprised me. Will I soon join these people, and tell others that BRINKS IS A SCAM?
 8th of Nov, 2011 by   Dolores Hennis +1 Votes
I purchased a M-90 model 7252 security light and there was no light bulb in the box. I went back where I purchased it and they gave me any bulb. It lasted maybe 2 weeks. How do I get the right bulb for my light. I have been unable to find the bulb. I don't think I should have to pay for a bulb that was to be included with my purchase. My last Brinks Security light lasted almost 40 years.
 12th of Nov, 2011 by   kathy789 0 Votes
I purchased a Brinks 7011B security lighting system a few weeks ago. It works fine as a security light, but when I want the light to stay on for yard work after dark, it won't stay on. I followed the directions to turn it off, then on again in 2 seconds or less. I tried 2 seconds, 1 second, and off-on quickly. I tried numerous times. Still goes off when I want it to stay on.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   PNR 0 Votes
We have bought two Brinks dusk to dawn lights and now the second one has died!!! Bought a less expesive one the first time, it lasted about 45 days. Bought a really expensive one the second time around and it lasted about 7-8 months. Now it has died!!! I will not buy another one from this company!!! The only expense that I will put out is sending it back to the company for them to dipose of it!!! Now I am looking for the old fashioned barn light. Maybe that will last longer than these nasty lights did. Of course WalMart won't take them back either.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   silvertip51 +1 Votes
purchased a brinks 7236 bk security light apr: 6 months ago, it is now turns on gets bright then starts dimming..then goes off then starts back up can you tell me what the problem is??????

Holiday Safety Tips 2009