logo

Bounty Paper Towels

Posted: 2011-03-07 by    Libbey

UNwanted change

Bounty Paper Towels
Sometime during 2010, BOUNTY Paper TOWELS got the NOT SO Bright idea to make the paper towels ONE HALF the size of a regular size paper towel that the consumer has had "forever"!

After 20 years?, I am switching to another brand that does not have these tiny little segmented pieces of paper towel.

FOR the life of me, WHY???? I end up using TWICE the amount of paper towel to get the real size that I wanted...in the first place!

Their strategy is obvious now...using more towels requires the consumer to buy MORE!! BRILLIANT Marketing!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Mar, 2011 by   RRGPW 0 Votes
It's called "Select Size" for smaller clean ups. You are receiving the same amount of paper towel and you can tear off as many sections as you need.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   molliewollie 0 Votes
Those are the only kind I buy anymore, too much waste with the full size!
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Steve46 +1 Votes
Bounty has clearly altered it's formula. The towels no longer have that thicker, softer feel but are hard and thin and not as absorbent. They remind me of low-end, budget paper towels. I'm going looking for the better brand Bounty used to be.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Harry Sinden 0 Votes
I have my own complaint, quality. I agree that select a size is awful, but if some people like it so be it, but the quality has completely changed and almost any paper towels are better now. Have switched to Viva because Bounty constantly disappointed and frustrated me, tearing outside of the cut marked, leaving shreds and splitting right up the center when we try to tear off, it has become impossible and Bounty is no longer generous about making it right and correcting the problems, they just do not care! so neither do I.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   TYWanda 0 Votes
Select a size sucks.
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   Billytd +1 Votes
It 's not the select size that has everyone up in arms, it's the thickness of the towel. Proctor & Gamble decided to change to a thinner towel to decrease the cost to make the towel. Reminds me of when Coca Cola changed the formula and called it New Coke.
The new Bounty is not a little thinner, it's much thinner. P&G had 3 choices. They could have decreased the count per roll, increased the cost or lowered the quality. Unfortunately, they sacrificed quality. People for years have been used to nice thick super absorbent paper towel. Even if the new towel is as absorbent as the old, which it isn't, the connotation in people's mind is "thicker is more absorbent than thinner." I have no idea what P&G was thinking. If it ain't broke, don't fix it certainty applies here.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   chatsnoir 0 Votes
i just bought a 12 "super" roll select-a-size pack from sam's club. i could tell immediately they were thinner, but compared with an old one just to make sure. hold it up to the light and it's clear there is now less fiber. you can see way more light through the new ones. also, now less absorbent and not as strong; they tear easier. there is not as much embossing and the quilting pattern is different. it feels like a store brand now. BUMMER!! they have not only cheapened the product, they have raised the price! BOOOOO, P&G! call their help line 1-800-N-BOUNTY. the operator tried to convince me i was the only one who had noticed this and complained.
 19th of Feb, 2012 by   R in GA 0 Votes
Proctor and Gamble should have not taken away so much of the quality of this product without the customers being aware! I, for one, thought that "our usual" paper towels seemed much thinner; but we probably went through 2-3 packages of rolls before we were sure. For years, we have used ONLY their paper towels for many different jobs. For quite some time, I had been using a small number of sheets of their original product for WRAPPING UP THE FROZEN GEL PACKS I use to lessen the pain and misery of lower back and knee degeneration. The first things I began to notice were that the packs became nearly impossible to wrap; the gel packs began to constantly slide out of those paper towels, and the towels were easily ripping apart and not doing the job, It was hard to believe, but I KNEW THAT THIS HAD TO BE A DIFFERENT PRODUCT! As a senior citizen who never needed more than 3-4 sheets to hold the largest of gel packs, I am extremely DISAPPOINTED and will also have to find another paper towel that will do the job, since NO QUANTITY of these PARTICULAR sheets will work for me! I wish the company would reconsider and change back to their original product, which was excellent for every need that we had... If the company is suffering financially (?), I would be willing to pay a little more for the RIGHT paper towels, which are a medical necessity!!
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   Matthew Foley 0 Votes
I am a constant purchaser of your Bounty Towels. Recently I purchased paper towels with a SKU #37000 28876 3. There were also smaller numbers to the left of the SKU 99610829-S & 99610827-S. I don't know if any of these numbers help but I must say for the first time I was very disappointed with the product. Upon removing the plastic wrapping and trying to prepare the towels for use they came all apart. They separated and became a very thin one (1) ply towel. I know this may seem not a big deal to you but with the price of things today I expect a 100% fully functional product. I will still continue to use the product and hope in the future the quality will return to my satisfaction as it always was in the past. Thank you!

Matthew Foley
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   Miss Butterfly 0 Votes
I've been using Bounty Paper Towels since 1982 when I started a home cleaning business. I always requested that my clients leave a role of Bounty on the kitchen counter because it was the best and it didn't leave any lint. I have been very happy with Bounty until a few months ago when I noticed they were leaving a lot of lint behind on my black appliances and mirrors. They also did not feel as soft or as thick. This is very disappointing and I will begin buying other less expensive paper towels since I no longer feel Bounty is worth the premium price. It was a great product and now it's just an overpriced ordinary product. Too bad.

Vanessa Van Keuren
 31st of Aug, 2013 by   Kitty Souther 0 Votes
Please bring back the old Bounty. I have been buying and using Bounty for mire years than I can remember. I could always count on my Bounty, Now I will not buy Bounty any more until you make it right again. Guess I will have to shop for another brand So sad!!!

Bogus Black Friday Ads