Bottom Line Books - Treasury of Health Secrets

Posted:

Book never received

4.45
I ordered this book, Treasury of Health Secrets, but NEVER received it. After awhile they sent me a bill saying it was the second one they sent, even though I never got a bill for this book before. was trying to find a phone # for then & found this site!
Complaint comments Comments (50) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

18th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I never ordered any books, but a charge appeared on my credit card. I called and they said to send the book back when it is received.
There is a good article on the book that points out how unorganized it is. The articles are reprints of other articles and the gentleman in the infomercial with Hugh Downes is not credited as a contributor or editor, although he clains to be both. I think this is another case of false advertising.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I absolutely agree that bottomline books suck. My husband ordered one of their books and they ever since have kept sending them. He is in afghanistan and i keep returning each book unopened. They have received several requests to please stop sending unwanted or unasked for merchandise. Now taboo they are charging us for a book that we don't have and threatening to send us to collections. I despise this company and suggest anyone to avoid them..
 8th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree completely. Bottom Line Books is a devious company. I listened very carefully when I ordered the Health Treasury and at no time did I elect to any further obligations! I get another book in the mail months later and a bill to pay saying that I orderd this book. It was interesting that they don't put a customer service phone number to call them on the actual bill. I had to call the Canadian branch just to get the US toll free number. I will call them Monday and raise @3*&W#! Do NOT order any products from this organization!
 16th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree. I did order bottom line secret food cures and was suppose to receive Best Ever Home Secrets and kitchen Secrets PLUS 3 more fee gifts. I only received the best ever Home secrets. I need a telephone number, can you please post it?
 27th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

BOTTON LINE BOOKS - Laguia de secretos de salud
BOTTON LINE BOOKS
DES, Iowa

I recived a flier offering abook in spanish secretes of health.
Then i wait and wiat for good book they
Offer me and never
Get it and now i recived a bill saing that
Ow them $36.92 and now i was tring to talk tothem and i got suprise they are scamers!
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
(800) 678-5835 Bottom Line Books Customer Service number

Hope this helps...
 16th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Totally agree. I am being charge a ridiculuos amount for a book that I never order. There is not even a phone # in the bill. Be careful when you put your name for anything in their misleading advertisment!
 27th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered Treasury of Health Secrets, BL Prescription alternatives ands Super Healing Unlimited. When I received them, I was disappointed and did not feel that the books were all they were advertised to be so I sent them back within the specified time. Bottom line books is saying that they did not receive the books, though I have a delivery confirmation from the post office. However, my credit card company says that I need a physical address since they are claiming not to have received them. All I have now is the P.O. confirmation receipt which states they were delivered to Clarion, IA. I was wondering if anyone has the physical address for Bottom Line books in Clarion, IA. Since they asked that the books be sent to Clarion, IA that must be the address of their warehouse for shipping and receiving.

I would appreciate any assistance in solving this matter.
 1st of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Bottom Line Books - Never ordered, never received, received invoice and threaten with collection
Bottom Line Books
PO Box 11014
Des Moines
Iowa

I have received invoices on a book I never ordered or received. I keep getting invoiced for it. Have sent 3 letters letting them know, I don't have the book, never ordered the book and will not pay for something I didn't ordered or received. Now they are saying I received the invoice with the book. No I did not. I received 3 additional invoices asking me to explain what the problem is on the back of the letter, which I did and put the name of person on the letter. I have received nothing. Now I am being threatened with collections. Help! What can I do if I can't reach someone ph# or website? I would appreciate any suggestions.
 1st of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I will never refinance or recomend someone to refinance with Chase anymore. Was the most horrible, terrible experience for me.

I don't want to think about it . Is too, too bad. Is the worse.

Ana M. Valdes
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I went to their website and the only physical address I found was to the corp office:

Bottom Line Publications
Editorial/Corporate Offices
281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor
Stamford, CT. 06901-3246

I'm sending my book back via Fed-X with a signature that way they can't say it wasn't received.
 15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
My story is a little different. My mother had, in the past, ordered something from them. She passed away on 4/17/08 and I'm handling what little estate she had. I've been getting invoices from them every month threating to send it to collections if she does not pay. I repeatly wrote on the bill that she is deceased but it has been ignored. I looked in her possessions to see if I could find the book they say she ordered and it is no where to be found. I found this board when I was hunting for a phone number for them. I called and was told her account would be marked desceased but after reading what has been written here, I doubt if I've heard the last from them. Don't matter much other than it irritates me to get that mail. Let them go ahead a send it to collection, It won't hurt her and they can't collect anyway!
 16th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Bottom Line Books - charge
New York

This is not a complaint, per se, but reading here some complaints about Bottom Line Books has got me on edge. I ordered a book which they told me the cost and add a couple of books of interest. I accepted and did received the books as promised. Now I have recieved a second 'warning' about my purchase...I had overlooked the first notice. I was all set to pay them until I came across this area about ripoffs. My problem is ..do i pay them or ignore them? I read one of the complaints that they sent another customer more books even though she did not order them and was threatened if she didn't pay, her credit report would be ruined. keep in mind that I did recieve the products so its not like they scammed me..but i do not want to be solicited in 'buying' more books from them..and be threatened if i do not pay. Any suggestions? BTW, they did include in their payment request, that if I write to them with the payment, not to give my name and address to other company's they would comply and I did mention that I will no longer want any more books.
 1st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
File a complaint with the FTC and the U.S. Postal Service inspector. You can do it online. When they harrass you again, tell them that complaints have been filed and to contact those agencies for further clarification. Meanwhile, enjoy your free items or throw them away. (U.S. Postal service code) What some of these scammers do, is trap you when you view their web site or inquire on products. They hope you can't remember if you ordered it or not. In my case, I pay up front when I want to order a product. If I receive merchandise with a bill, I know someone is trying to scam me.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Bottom Line Books - not acknowledging payment
Bottom Line Books
NYC
New York
Phone: 800 678 5835

I received a bill for $39.00 for a subscription to Bottom Line Personal. I had previously paid this amount to them and copied my check to them to verify the payment. I received a note from them that the payment went to the wrong company and gave me a telefone number to call. I called that number and after looking up my information I was advised that there was a $39 credit on my account for three months. I inquired can they transfer it over and I was told that they are the same company but cannot trasfer the money. I asked what were they going to do I did not call. They had not answer. This has made me decide that I do not want to do anything with this company anymore.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Some while back, I viewed an offer on-line to receive free on-line notices about health secrets. It is difficult for me to believe that anything is free, but I did accept the offer for "FREE ON LINE HEALTH SECRETS". A couple of Weeks later, I receive a package by mail. The box was opened already, most likely by mishandling during shipping. I read the shipping order which indicated it was a book from Bottom Line Books. After checking with my wife first, it seemed obvious the book was shipped erroneously. Still without ever removing the book from its box. I filled out the return to sender form, Resealed the box, and took the package to the Post Office. I handed the package directly to the Postal Employee behind the desk. Now it has been a couple of months, and yesterday I received a delinquency notice. In bold print and enclosed in a red square, it asks "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM YOU ? It then indicates I owe them $47.95 for the Book entitled "TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE" This is the way these people do their business. I WARN EVERYONE, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE. RIGHT OR WRONG, THEY ARE THREATENING TO SEND THE AMOUNT TO COLLECTIONS. This, of course is extremely bad for ones credit rating. These people do not even provide a telephone number, let alone an 800 #. So...BEWARE.
 14th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered and rec'd The World's Greatest Treasury of Helath Secrets. Sent a check for full am't of $47.94, which they rec'd and cashed. Then, arrived another book, which I returned unopened, marked "REFUSED" on the outside. I never ordered it. The mailman returned it to them. Now I have a bill for the first book with a demand for $31.96 as a "next installment". I do no ever pay bills in installments and owe them nothing.
Won't some smart lawyer start a CLASS ACTION SUIT for the general, rooked public against this company?
 14th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
inv.received for Treasury of Health Secrets. to my knowledge I have not received it. I ahve placed orders before (yearly magazine subscription and Bottom Line's Balanced Healing and both have been paid some time ago. Since then I have not ordered any books.Thia invoice for 31.96 is incorrect because I did not get it . Can you help me get this straightened out? I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Harold Hersh
 7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I received what Bottom Line is referring to as a 2nd bill (never received first bill nor the book). My first alert was that the bill didn't include a telephone number, just a PO box. I called Bottom Line and they claim it was shipped on 08/29/08. They offered to send me another book. I declined, explaining that I didn't feel comfortable with the company based on my internet research and the fact that there was no contact number on the bill. They offered to cancel my account.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered a book on Healing from Bottom Line Books and after looking through it ...I do not feel that it is nearly the quality of information they stated in their emailings to me...

I would like them to contact me about returning this book as they agreed to in the ad campaign...

Sincerely,