logo

Adore Organic Innovations
Shameful sales tactics
2. (21 mins ago)
FreightCenter
Misrepresents serevices offered by carrier
3. (28 mins ago)
Lowes GE Money Bank Credit Card
Lowes Credit Card
4. (42 mins ago)
Camperworld Utah
Fraud
5. (52 mins ago)
asstars.com
Seller suddenly stopped to reply

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bottom Line Books - Treasury of Health Secrets Complaints & Reviews - Book never received

Bottom Line Books - Treasury of Health Secrets Contacts & Informations

Bottom Line Books - Treasury of Health Secrets

Posted:    Lois Benner

Book never received

I ordered this book, Treasury of Health Secrets, but NEVER received it. After awhile they sent me a bill saying it was the second one they sent, even though I never got a bill for this book before. was trying to find a phone # for then & found this site!
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2008 by   Jeanne 5608 0 Votes
I never ordered any books, but a charge appeared on my credit card. I called and they said to send the book back when it is received.
There is a good article on the book that points out how unorganized it is. The articles are reprints of other articles and the gentleman in the infomercial with Hugh Downes is not credited as a contributor or editor, although he clains to be both. I think this is another case of false advertising.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   teresa 0 Votes
I absolutely agree that bottomline books suck. My husband ordered one of their books and they ever since have kept sending them. He is in afghanistan and i keep returning each book unopened. They have received several requests to please stop sending unwanted or unasked for merchandise. Now taboo they are charging us for a book that we don't have and threatening to send us to collections. I despise this company and suggest anyone to avoid them..
 8th of Mar, 2008 by   Tim 0 Votes
I agree completely. Bottom Line Books is a devious company. I listened very carefully when I ordered the Health Treasury and at no time did I elect to any further obligations! I get another book in the mail months later and a bill to pay saying that I orderd this book. It was interesting that they don't put a customer service phone number to call them on the actual bill. I had to call the Canadian branch just to get the US toll free number. I will call them Monday and raise @3*&W#! Do NOT order any products from this organization!
 16th of Mar, 2008 by   beatriz 0 Votes
I agree. I did order bottom line secret food cures and was suppose to receive Best Ever Home Secrets and kitchen Secrets PLUS 3 more fee gifts. I only received the best ever Home secrets. I need a telephone number, can you please post it?
 12th of May, 2008 by   Crys 0 Votes
(800) 678-5835 Bottom Line Books Customer Service number

Hope this helps...
 16th of May, 2008 by   Silvia Tubbs 0 Votes
Totally agree. I am being charge a ridiculuos amount for a book that I never order. There is not even a phone # in the bill. Be careful when you put your name for anything in their misleading advertisment!
 27th of May, 2008 by   Gladys 0 Votes
I ordered Treasury of Health Secrets, BL Prescription alternatives ands Super Healing Unlimited. When I received them, I was disappointed and did not feel that the books were all they were advertised to be so I sent them back within the specified time. Bottom line books is saying that they did not receive the books, though I have a delivery confirmation from the post office. However, my credit card company says that I need a physical address since they are claiming not to have received them. All I have now is the P.O. confirmation receipt which states they were delivered to Clarion, IA. I was wondering if anyone has the physical address for Bottom Line books in Clarion, IA. Since they asked that the books be sent to Clarion, IA that must be the address of their warehouse for shipping and receiving.

I would appreciate any assistance in solving this matter.
 14th of Jun, 2008 by   Jackie 0 Votes
I went to their website and the only physical address I found was to the corp office:

Bottom Line Publications
Editorial/Corporate Offices
281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor
Stamford, CT. 06901-3246

I'm sending my book back via Fed-X with a signature that way they can't say it wasn't received.
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   Nancy Adamache 0 Votes
My story is a little different. My mother had, in the past, ordered something from them. She passed away on 4/17/08 and I'm handling what little estate she had. I've been getting invoices from them every month threating to send it to collections if she does not pay. I repeatly wrote on the bill that she is deceased but it has been ignored. I looked in her possessions to see if I could find the book they say she ordered and it is no where to be found. I found this board when I was hunting for a phone number for them. I called and was told her account would be marked desceased but after reading what has been written here, I doubt if I've heard the last from them. Don't matter much other than it irritates me to get that mail. Let them go ahead a send it to collection, It won't hurt her and they can't collect anyway!
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   Leroy W. Thompson 0 Votes
Some while back, I viewed an offer on-line to receive free on-line notices about health secrets. It is difficult for me to believe that anything is free, but I did accept the offer for "FREE ON LINE HEALTH SECRETS". A couple of Weeks later, I receive a package by mail. The box was opened already, most likely by mishandling during shipping. I read the shipping order which indicated it was a book from Bottom Line Books. After checking with my wife first, it seemed obvious the book was shipped erroneously. Still without ever removing the book from its box. I filled out the return to sender form, Resealed the box, and took the package to the Post Office. I handed the package directly to the Postal Employee behind the desk. Now it has been a couple of months, and yesterday I received a delinquency notice. In bold print and enclosed in a red square, it asks "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM YOU ? It then indicates I owe them $47.95 for the Book entitled "TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE" This is the way these people do their business. I WARN EVERYONE, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE. RIGHT OR WRONG, THEY ARE THREATENING TO SEND THE AMOUNT TO COLLECTIONS. This, of course is extremely bad for ones credit rating. These people do not even provide a telephone number, let alone an 800 #. So...BEWARE.
 14th of Sep, 2008 by   Frances Presher 0 Votes
I ordered and rec'd The World's Greatest Treasury of Helath Secrets. Sent a check for full am't of $47.94, which they rec'd and cashed. Then, arrived another book, which I returned unopened, marked "REFUSED" on the outside. I never ordered it. The mailman returned it to them. Now I have a bill for the first book with a demand for $31.96 as a "next installment". I do no ever pay bills in installments and owe them nothing.
Won't some smart lawyer start a CLASS ACTION SUIT for the general, rooked public against this company?
 14th of Sep, 2008 by   Harold Hersh 0 Votes
inv.received for Treasury of Health Secrets. to my knowledge I have not received it. I ahve placed orders before (yearly magazine subscription and Bottom Line's Balanced Healing and both have been paid some time ago. Since then I have not ordered any books.Thia invoice for 31.96 is incorrect because I did not get it . Can you help me get this straightened out? I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Harold Hersh
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Annett Thomas 0 Votes
I received what Bottom Line is referring to as a 2nd bill (never received first bill nor the book). My first alert was that the bill didn't include a telephone number, just a PO box. I called Bottom Line and they claim it was shipped on 08/29/08. They offered to send me another book. I declined, explaining that I didn't feel comfortable with the company based on my internet research and the fact that there was no contact number on the bill. They offered to cancel my account.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Caine Baron 0 Votes
I ordered a book on Healing from Bottom Line Books and after looking through it ...I do not feel that it is nearly the quality of information they stated in their emailings to me...

I would like them to contact me about returning this book as they agreed to in the ad campaign...

Sincerely,

Caine Baron
caine_baron@yahoo.com
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Mike Anderson 0 Votes
I also ordered treasury of health secrets. I never recieved the book. I also got a bill claiming that I hadn't paid my bill and that this was my third statement. I am just glad I didnt give them any credit card info. This is certainly a scam company.
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   aimee Shah 0 Votes
How come I did not have a complaining site like this when Mr. Rooter The Great Plumbing compony stole my five hundred fifty dollars and ran away?

I was not the only one. There were a lot of others who suffered but nobody cared.

I am surprised that, this book got so much publicity. I wonder who is behind it all?

Thanks, Aimee
 23rd of Nov, 2008 by   Stan 0 Votes
Bottom Line Books is a fraudulent money extortion outfit.
The United States Postal Inspection Service is in process of investigation of Bottom Line Books.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Bizzy Jones 0 Votes
I too, have had numerous rip offs from this company. I am still fighting to straighten out my account. How can this be allowed to continue. I am still waiting for a reply for a FREE Postage Paid sticker so I can send back a book I did not order.

The other day I got a pile of freebies that were supposed to come with an order I was supposed to have asked for, but I didn't ask for or order anything at all. PLEASE; can't some-one in the state or country step in???

We in this country have enough problems without this Mighty Mouse flailing his arms around and taking advantage of us.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   assistant 0 Votes
Try contacting your state or federal representative to intercede. The company seems to cave quickly when elected officials/ attorneys call them.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   stan shulman 0 Votes
Thanks so much for the phone number that they try so hard to hide. Bottom Line sold the health series to my 93 year old father who didn't want them in the first pace. I called, asked for, and recieved a return label in about 3 weeks and then returned the books. Today, 4 weeks later I got a bill for the 2nd installment and the "past due" first installmenmt. I called and got a rep righjt away who SAID he noted my account as having returned the books, told me to ignore the bill, and said my balance was now zero. If he did what he said, I am pleased with the result, although annoyed tht I had to go through the hassle.

ER's Full, Flu Season to Get Worse