logo

Park Resorts
Stay far away from Park Resorts
2. (38 mins ago)
VVM Attorneys
I paid off the account, but are still pestered
3. (59 mins ago)
BAYPORT CELLULAR
phone not working
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
DPL FLORA FARMS NOIDA
ELEVATIONS AND CREATIONS is a group of street smart fraud boys
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
GHD MIDNIGHT DELUXE SET
EPAY95 COMPLAINT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Booking.com Complaints & Reviews - never give your credit card details to booking.com

Booking.com Contacts & Informations

Booking.com

Posted:    bora

never give your credit card details to booking.com

I had been(!) using booking.com for years and during this time I felt comfortable about giving my credit card details to them. However, I realized that this was a big mistake because I understand that they just pass your credit card details to the hotel and feel no responsibility about it, they dont care if the hotel overcharges you or even charges you for nothing as in my case . For a booking at Etap Hotel Paris, I canceled my reservation timely due to a change in my travel plans, it was an early cancellation and it was clearly stated thatI would not be charged for this cancellation. But now I see the hotel charged the full fee, when I call booking.com this the answers I get: yes you they shouldnt ahve charged you but we didnt receive the payment so we cannot guarantee you the refund, it may take months(!), a few days is a very little time to solve this issue etc.
So never trust booking.com, find a trustworthy hotel yourself
Comments Netherlands Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2010 by   Cath99 +2 Votes
I had the same experience. DO NOT BOOK through booking.com!
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   AriSharon +1 Votes
I was robbed by booking.com !

I placed an order through booking.com, but did not get confirmation email for this order.
a day later a called booking.com agent, asking why I did not get confirmation email. He told me that there was technical problem with my order, and I should place a new order.
Therefore I have placed another order, for the very same hotel.

Coming back home from the vacation, I figured out my credit card was charged twice by some unknown travel agency ! Asking booking.com for a refund gave me a chilled response. They remove all responsibility from them and asked me to ask refund from the travel agency!
The travel agency did not understand what I was talking about. They showed my faxes with the orders they got from booking.com under my name, and with my credit card number !
Apparently, there was a typo in the e-mail address I gave on my 1st order. The fact that I have contacted booking.com and they told me my order was rejected did not make any difference for this company. The fact that booking.com received error messages saying the email address is wrong did lit any red light for the company. They had my credit card number and that's what was important.

I will never never again booking with booking.com. They take no responsibility for their mistakes, and leave you alone to cope with the travel agency/hotel to whom they gave your credit card !

Stay away from booking.com ! contact the hotels/travel agency directly !

Ari
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   VascoPinheiro -1 Votes
I understand what people wrote here but I think many of them don't know how Booking.com works.

I'm a Hotel manager and in fact I have this concern with the all the confirmation faxes I have at my reception with all credit card details of my customers that came via Booking.com. Booking.com sends us all credit card details from the client - we need to have them to charge the guest for a possible no-show for example, but I wonder if this if safe at all (and unfortunately I know its not)

The credit card data is printed and in the end becomes available to everybody at the hotel reception. One risk is for example an employee with "bad intentions" can just steal this data to buy online, for example, and how can I control this?

At our hotel we are very carefull with this but can Booking.com assure that all hotels will have a good behaviour and will keep the clients credit card data secured? I think that for them is just impossible. And the truth is that also for us is very difficult because we risk that someday, someone from of our staff steals this data from our guests that booked on this website and I wonder if this will be our fault? This is something that worries me for a long time but nothing changed from Booking.com side in this regard.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   Frustration at booking.com +1 Votes
I am sorry I have to make this posting, but I am myself a victim of the bad practices of Booking.com
I had booked a hotel in Brussels, the Hotel Agenda Louise. When my plans changed, I cancelled the reservation on Booking.com and did not think more of it. I had cancelled the above reservation following the link as indicated on Saturday 26/09/ 2010 in the afternoon. During my business trip on 28/09/2010 I had aggressive phone calls from the hotel and then from Booking.com staff complaining about my alleged "no show", even calling me a liar. My credit card was also charged within minutes. If an error had occurred on Booking.com website and my cancellation did not register correctly - why it is myself who has to pay? When I cancelled by following the link, a screen came up clearly stating that my reservation had been cancelled. When I have written to Booking.com to ask for a refund, they replied asking me to sort it out with the Hotel, which is useless, because I believe they did not receive my cancellation from Booking.com. I am truly disappointed and I wonder what kind of legal redress there may be for people in my situation?
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   Good service so far. +1 Votes
I have used Booking.com several times when making hotel reservations and so far (knock on wood) no major problems to note. However, when cancelling I make it a habit to call Booking.com directly to make the cancellation and also to make sure I get a notice of cancellation email for my records. As noted in some of the postings, it is always difficult to obtain a refund after the fact, so be proactive and not depend entirely on Booking.com or the hotel in question. That been said, last month I stayed at the Swissotel in Istanbul and when reviewing the bill upon check out, I noticed that they had charged me €99.00 more than they should have. Luckily, I had the email confirmation with the rate quoted by Booking.com so we managed to sort it out in short order. If I didn't have the confirmation with me as proof, then I would have had to pay the hotel rate and try and sort it out later which could prove very difficult.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   stinkbomb 0 Votes
I have got cancellation´s confirmation on my reservation( booking.com) at the hotel in London. There is no charge for cancellation. But I am still charged for five nights according to my credit card´s details. To whom can I complaint to get my money back? Thanks
 14th of May, 2011 by   DerekC 0 Votes
I was also robbed by booking.com and Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi and strongly suggest you avoid this scam of a website like the plague. After the Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi overcharged me I inquired into booking.com why the posted rate was not being followed. They told me they would look into it and get back to me. In the interim they billed my credit card the full amount. When they told me they didn't know why it was higher but thought it might be 'due to taxes' I cancelled my reservation with Leonardo Hotel in Charleroi. However, as my booking was last minute and the final information on the rate was not provided to me until after the deadline to get my money back had passed, they told me that the cancellation policy was violated and it was too late. Oh, and why was I charged more you ask? They told me that I had elected to apply for the 'flexible' option where you can cancel anytime which was untrue. So, in the end they billed me for an option that should have protected me from late cancellation and still did not honour that!!! Do not use this website.
 18th of May, 2011 by   Diana D. +1 Votes
that's a scam...shame on them... never order again
 23rd of May, 2011 by   sandjounintemari 0 Votes
I'm about to make a booking at Booking.com for a hotel in Cork. I have no intention of cancelling this booking as there will be no changes in my travel plans (I am quite certain). Do you think I am still at risk to being scammed? I'm paying with a visa debit card (in other words, there are not unlimited funds on the card so I can't be overcharged as is possible with a credit card). Do you think this is safe? I'd appreciate it if someone could contact me in response as I'm booking my birthday weekend away. My email is sandjounintemari@hotmail.com
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   Booking.com Team 0 Votes
We're sorry to hear of your concerns! Please note that Booking.com uses a secure connection for all bookings. Should you have any questions, including issues with a particular reservation, don't hesitate to contact our customer care team. Contact details can be found here: http://www.booking.com/wecare.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   astriti1990 0 Votes
Booking.com tried to rob me in a very sophisticated way, first it stated that some hotels required no information for short reservation, than it just retrieved my old credit card information and charged 80 peer cent of the price, please be careful as the company is not to be fully trusted

theur consumer care is also horrible, do not expect them to resolve the problem just call the banks and ask what you can do
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   Booking.com_CR 0 Votes
Hi,
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   kingfisher1 0 Votes
I agree with youu too. They are useless. Not worth booking through them. I never will again.
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   jh_aw 0 Votes
Dear All,
as it seem not new, also me been overcharged by a hotel going to prague, and for 19 days those who called themselves customer service team wasnt able to do anything, and that i should take it with the hotel to get the difference refunded when i arrive to the hotel tomorrow. who's with me to report this site to the travel association in the countries where they operate. and if not working let's create a page on face book to ban them to abuse our credit card as they are doing with no regulations.
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   Booking.com_CR 0 Votes
Hi jh_aw, Please help us get to the bottom of this by posting your Booking.com reservation number. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Your Booking.com Team.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   Morten 0 Votes
I just have one complaint about Booking.com.
We booked a hotel this Summer, and I saw our reservation-fax from Booking.com to the hotel.
They still send a FAX to the hotel with your creditcard-details in clear writing.
 18th of Sep, 2011 by   Anj197 0 Votes
I used about three different hotel booking sites when we were planning our trip to Europe. I only used Booking.com for one hotel (in Amsterdam). After we stayed at the hotel and went on to our next destination, we discovered credit card fraud on the card (we paid via Booking.com for the room and used it at the hotel to cover our incidentals).
We never used our card anywhere else on the trip (we are pretty careful how and where we used our credit cards in Europe).
The credit card fraud that happened on our card was a charge for another hotel in Amsterdam (for the same dates we were in Amsterdam too!).
I am not sure whether Booking.com had charged us for another hotel or if our card was compromised (at the hotel or by Booking.com). We had the bank cancel our card and investigate the matter.
I won't be using this website ever again because we did not have any issues with the other sites we used.
 26th of Sep, 2011 by   Booking.com_CR 0 Votes
Dear Anj197,

Kind regards,
Your Booking.com Team.
 18th of Feb, 2012 by   Hassanuk 0 Votes
Robbed by booking.com!!!

I made a reservation with them using an Internet cafe Dubai. The browser was slow so I clicked booknow twice by mistake. Realising what had happened, I called them immediately in London to point out the mistake. They were unhelpful to say the least and passed the buck to the hotel. I called the hotel and they passed the buck back to the site. I arrived at the hotel and they said the site should have cancelled one of the rooms. Obviously it's not in their interest as they get commission on both reservations!! Waste of time!!! Robbers!!
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Booking.com_CR 0 Votes
Hi Hassanuk,

We are really sorry to hear about this problem and we would like to investigate this matter further.

Can you please reply with your Booking.com reservation number so that our specialised team can look into this matter for you? We would then contact you directly to discuss a resolution to this complaint.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Your Booking.com Team

Is Work at Home Scam or Real Deal?

Latest Groups