BoJangles

lazy employees

Bojangles
N. Kings Hwy. South Carolina
N.Myrtle Beach, United States
We always use this restaurant the day we leave from vacation so I won't have to clean up the kitchen. We walked into the restaurant (on Sept. 13th) and 2 employees were sitting at a table talking. This is the Bojangles located at the entrance to Tanger Outlet Center and in the same shopping center location as Walmart. One employee was a black young man and a white young lady. It turned out that the lady had just finished her shift and was getting ready to leave but the boy was on duty. A girl named Tonya waited on us but she was doing the drive through window and the front by herself and the boy would not come to help. 4 customers were in at the same time as us at about 6:20 am. More came in after us.
We had to wait at least 5 minutes to get our order taken because Tonya was running around doing everything. She had to get a customer at the drive thru right after waiting on the couple in front of us. After we got our order we sat down and listened to the two employees laughing and having a good time. The girl got up to leave and so did the boy but he went outside to smoke. We left at 6:50 and the boy came back in and went back to work. My question would be what hours does he work that he could take a 30 min break at before 6:20 in the morning. They were all sitting at the table when we walked in so I don't know how long they were there. I worked in retail for 15 1/2 years and a 30 min. was a lunch break. We only got 15 minute breaks otherwise. We asked the girl if she was working alone and she said "sort of".
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

BoJangles - discharged for nothing
bojangles
Greensboro
North Carolina
Phone: 3362725607

I was an employer for bojangles and was fired because i told a customer we were out of a certain condiment.I dont know y she called the hotline.We were out.she was refunded her money up front and was apoliged to.She said she felt as though i lied to her, for what..long story short im out of a job after five years.
 26th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have two different opinions on this. #1 if there is more to the story then you should have told it. #2 if that is all that happened, I think that you should go to your states Labor Board or the Bojangles' Corporation.

Have a nice Day!