logo

A crooked Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bay Country Financial, Glen Burnie, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Get Over 4 Sure

Bay Country Financial Contacts & Informations

Bay Country Financial

Posted: 2011-11-29 by    tjjcheskno

Get Over 4 Sure

Bay Country Consumer Financial
6619 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Phone: 410-863-8800
January of 2011 I needed emergency funds and was told about this title loan company. I got a $2000 loan and my payments were $169.29. I unfortunately fell behind on my payments and my vehicle was repossessed. I called and was told to submit a $500 payment that went towards the repossession. I went in person to pay and indicated I needed to know how to retrieve my vehicle back. I was told that they had no intentions of selling my vehicle and to call back in two days. The receipt I was given had the $500 payment other- 75.00; late charge- 216.00; interest- 209.00 with a balance of 3501.76. Two days later I called and spoke to the same guy and was told the repo office was closed and to call back the next business day. I called the next business day and was quoted "I need to pay the loan off in full $4471.10 to get my vehicle back. To include $1025.00 repo/storage fees. I flipped out. How could a 2000 loan jump to $3501.76 and then to $4471.10 within a week. I asked about payment arrangements as well as possibly refinancing of the $2000 loan when I was there in person, they refused to do it. Now I am sitting here feeling like I have been taken advantage of totally. I cannot believe that fact that I am willing to pay to get back on track but they refuse to allow me to have my car back and continue with my $169.29 payments. I was told that due to my delinquency, I had to pay the loan it full. It's crazy, they could not tell me to my face because they knew I was being scammed from the get. The guy knew they had no intentions on allowing me to retrieve my vehicle when I inquired about it in person. I feel like it is the enough when you have an emergency and these so called lenders are suppose to help. But in all actuality they are there to hurt you even more. My vehicle was paid for and if I had an inkling that this would have happened to me I would in no way in hell have gotten any money from these crazies. They are asking me to bring in $340.00 to hold my vehicle, yet I am told it is costing $2.34 a day in interest and 25.00 day. Where does a person get $5000 from when the economy is in the state it is in?. Finally, I have heard two stories where customers were allowed to bring their account current and vehicles were returned but in my case they want the loan paid off in full. Some one there probably has their eye on my vehicle. Its not fair and something needs to be done about ripoffs like this. I want my vehicle back!! Please help...time is of essence.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Daycare Scam