logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
WINNING NOTIFICATION
3. (48 mins ago)
Pogo.com
Club Pogo Jackpots not paying!
4. (50 mins ago)

Posted:    Goalie31

overcharging

Banfield
Saint Charles, Missouri
This was the first, and only time i will use Banfield, or Petsmart for that matter.
My wife, and i have a neighbor who neglects to treat her pets for their fleas. She has two dogs, and three outdoor cats. Needless to say her yard is infested. We have two indoor cats, who ended up with fleas. We apparently carried them in ourselves through the yard. Our cats haven't been outside in years.

A vet friend of mine in Florida recomended Capstar which for those who arent familiar is a small pill that will kill all fleas on your dog, or cat within 30-45 minutes. It is a non prescription item, and it works beautifully. I searched it down, and found a Banfield in the local petsmart, and the girl on the phone says " come on in we have it here."...Cool! Well i drive the 20 minutes there, and when i get to the counter she says, "i'm sorry, but i forgot to tell you that we will need to see your cats first to prove that they have fleas, and you'll have to pay a $35.00 visit fee" Well obviously i didn't want to drive all the way home, and back but i needed the pills. After a few minutes of negotiatng, and two visits by this girl to the "doctor/used car manager" in the back they agreed to let me bring one cat up, and sell me two capstar tabs for what she said would be $12.00 total, after taxes. After driving home, and getting my smaller feline freind in the carrier, Banfield girl calls me back, and informs me that it's not neccesary to bring him up, they will now sell the capstar to me without the visit fee. Now i'm starting to get a little upset. So i drive the 20 minutes for the third time, only to have her tell me that she messed up, on the price, and pills are now $15.00 apeice, and i'm only allowed to by two. $35.00 after taxes for two pills that are non prescription, and the size of baby asprin!!!

Now, i'm a college educated man, and i knew better, but by now i'm aggrivated just enough to pay it and take my pills, even though i feel like an idiot, because my i've been raked over the coals. I care for my two cats, and i want to fix the problem, and my petowner guilt guided me right into the trap. Come to find out from my friend Michelle in Florida that she sells the same capstar pills for $4.95 each, and i can buy however many i want! I do some research, and the average price for Capstar is 24.95 for six. She is sending me a handfull for cost (3.95 apeice), which will take a couple weeks because she has them on backorder. In the meantime i bought six from 1800petmeds for $28.00 after s/h today.

I will never give Banfield my money again.
Comments United States Animal/Pet Hospitals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2009 by   mebekcg 0 Votes
You poor soul! Your complaint is well written. I feel for you.

Time to Cut the Cable?