logo

Posted: 2011-03-27 by    Vickie Wroten

rip off

Banfield animal hospital
Annapolis, Maryland
Last year I adopted two kittens from Pet Smart and was referred to Banfield animal hospital. They signed me up for the Wellness plan which seemed like a good idea at the time. They actually signed me up for a third cat. Everytime I went there I was charged about $200.00 in addition to the 54.00 I was paying every month. It started to get out of hand...Then they talked me into purchasing First Shield flea medication...Since I have a number of pets including dogs, it cost me a bundle...Two of my dogs had bad reactions to this medicine...vomitting, diarrhea, and paralyis of the back legs. One of my cats got nasty sores around his neck...After calling the hotline and Banfield, they told me they had no other complaints of reactions which is a lie. I decided not to renew my wellness plan but took the cats there for there last wellness check and vaccines... they told me to leave them for a couple hours and pick them up. I dropped them off at 9 and came back at 11 and was informed that it would be another hour..so I told them to give me the cats cause I had 200.00 worth of frozen food in the car and lived over the Bay Bridge...They told me as soon as the vet came out she was going to give them their shots. After sitting there another 40 minutes and watching the vet slowly move to room to room, I asked for my cats again. After another 10 minutes I had my cats and returned home with no shots given and spoiled food. I am highly angry and feel because I was not going to renew my Wellness plan, they purposely kept me waiting...What made me the angriest is that I could have had save 40 minutes but they told me she was going to give them their shots.
Comments United States Animal/Pet Hospitals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Consumer Tips for Tech Savings