Avira.com

Posted:

Fraudulant virus protection

Avira.com
Germany
Avira offers a "FREE" virus protection download. BUT, , , they try again and again to have you buy an "upgrade" to a paid product.

IF you do not buy upgrade, they launch a virus ad/spyware into your computer to shut down all functioning.

The only cure is to "UNINSTALL" Avira, get a legitimate virus protection and find and kill the virus files and cookies of spyware that Avira has put in your machine.

All in all, a very damaging and frustrating waste of time.

Avira refuses to respond to ANY of my complaints about their horrible product and virus files.

The virus file they slip into your machine is; ADSPY/FalseInstaller

and it comes in many (13) elements and cookies.

AVOID THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AT ALL COSTS !!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Germany Complaint category Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

11th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have been trying to get them to answer a Tec support question for over 10 days.
They have NO service in the US.

I can’t believe that you have never even answered any of my E mails.
How in the world do you say you have over 100+ million users but you do not answer any e mails for Tec Support?
Please just refund my money…

For over 40 years I have giving Seminars to/for all size Companies like, Exxon, Shell, Kroger and many others for the purpose of helping them better their relationship with their Customers.
I have never known a Company that needs help as much as your Company does.
I do mean this with all due-respect as your Company has a great Product.
But as far as your Tec. Support is you are a total failure.
I, for the life of me can’t understand why you do not have “live” phone technical support in the US.
I have tired for over 10 days to get help and all I get is that my problem has been turned over to the “Proper” department but that is where the help stops.
The two most important “Themes” of my Seminars was/is, “Getting Back To Basics and Commutation”
I charged $5, 000. For 2 hours for these Seminars and I am mot trying to sell you any thing.
So this is free.
You really need to re-vamp your program.
I would just like a refund and purchases a soft ware program for another Company who really cares about Support.
Respectfully Submitted,
Robert Lippincott

P.S. It might be of interest to you that I do talk by E mail to over 250, 000 families a day on the internet and what I recommend to them is most important to most Companies.
 18th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I had the identical experience with the free download except that when I attempted to uninstall it, a Folder (with around 500 files) and an isolated file remained on the computer. Though I attempted to eliminate these with Revo-Unstaller (a fine uninstall program), and to delete or incinerate the folder and file, it could not be done. Two calls to Avira tech support at different toll free numbers resulted in the same response: let us clean your computer and sell computer security programs for a big price, or you are stuck with a corrupted computer which runs at a fraction of its normal speed. Fortunately I remembered the Restore function on the computer and was able to restore it to an earlier date. This resulted in the elimination of the Ariva program and a computer that performed normally.

I also would recommend avoiding this like the plague.

Contact Us