logo

4. (39 mins ago)
dishonesty
5. (43 mins ago)
Spa de Soleil
Cheap product, bad customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AutoAnything.com Complaints & Reviews - Never fall for this business!

AutoAnything.com Contacts & Informations

AutoAnything.com

Posted:    Bianca McAlpin

Never fall for this business!

I'm saying this after i have experienced of the business scam called "auto anything". I ordered truck fenders on this store because they seem to be popular and trustworthy. The entire ordering process was satisfactory. I thought everything was doing well so they didn't bother to contact me to track the order, but when the fenders did not arrive on the promised date (they said i could receive my fenders after 3 days), i called them up. I was really annoyed by the customer service when i told her that i was "just following up" my order and she had the guts to say that i was being impatient! talk about bad customer service!!!

Btw, the fenders arrived after a month. From what i heard from my peers, that was the best time that they can do. How i wish i asked for their comment on auto anything before i made my purchase.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2007 by   John W. Van +1 Votes
I have had two deals with AutoAnything. I ordered Driving Lights and they shipped promptly. I had a rock go through one of the PIAA Lights. I called AutoAnything and spoke with Monique, she was most courteous and came through like a charm shipping me a new replacement in two days without charge. Monique said this was a warranted item and would be no problem in sending me a replacement.

I have been in sales for 20 plus years and Monique is the type of service representative I would be proud to have in my sales organization, she is a true asset to her company.

Highest regards,

John W. Van
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   Donald Davern 0 Votes
My Bakflip tonneau for my '08 Honda Ridgeline is great, but the front gasket, against the cab, is 4 inches too short. Who handles this issue? Thankyou Don Davern
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   GinaD 0 Votes
I ordered simple seat covers A MONTH AGO, and still have not received them. Every time I contact them I get a new, pushed back, ship date!!! I keep getting told that they are about to ship out the next day and they DONT! I will NEVER order another thing from them again. And Ill be shocked if I EVER get my seat covers!

Gina
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   amyalso 0 Votes
Never order from this company..Bunch of rip off. I've place an order on December 4, 2009 for a bed truck cover. Since the order was placed during holidays season the return policy is 60 days return for a refund. I call to get a RMA# on January 19, 2010 they tell me that their policy is only 30 days which I told them that I still have my print out reciept that clearly stated during the holiday it 's 60 days to return. Then they change their mind and say the reason I can not return it because it's USED which I have not touch. I have not open the package until today, as soon as it was open I call to get the RMA which they refuse to give me..Their exact words was sorry we are unable to process your refund. I ask them why and they dont have a clear answer for me. BUNCH OF RIP OFF. I now have to file a claim with my credit card company, hope to get my refund back.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   Keith N 0 Votes
They are not a valued company to do business with. I work for a mail order company and this company violated one of the mail order rules, which involved providing a date, yet when they date came and went they never notified me like they are supposed to...meaning that they are supposed to contact the customer when the cannot meet the date and advise of a new date, or the option to cancel the order. Plus the fact that I had called before the order shipped, requested to change the shipping address (which their website showed was done and I received an email confirming it was done) yet they failed to tell the shipper so it came to the wrong address (atleast I can still get things there, its just more of a hassle). It also suprised me when I received the notice that the item I ordered had shipped...on the day that UPS delivered it to me. I really do not think they have their sh*t together...yeah they may be cheap, but their service is just as cheap.
 10th of May, 2010 by   GaryF1 0 Votes
I had a dealing with AutoAnything.com. They truly sucked. I made an order on a Friday (a week and a half before mothers day) for a bikini top for my wife's jeep and also a windshield channel to attach it to. I had not heard anything by Monday afternoon so I called them and they said that the order WOULD go out by no later than Wednesday. Wednesday went by, Thursday, then Friday and no email on order confirmation. I then called Friday afternoon to see what was going on and the lady said that it had not shipped but was going out that afternoon (a little too late for mothers day) so I told them that I thought it was bad business but I would only keep the order if they paid for 2 day shipping. She got off the phone and called me back and said they didn't even have the part!!! I told her I wanted the order canceled but she said she would only send in a request and if we got any part of the order that we would have to pay for it being returned!!! WHAT BAD BUSINESS. I will NEVER deal with this company again.
 21st of May, 2010 by   tundra07 +1 Votes
I ordered nerf bars for my 07 Tundra Double Cab on a Friday and received them on Wednesday. This company was very easy to deal with. I have also had other people order from this site with no issues. I am going to order more from this site.
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   96spec 0 Votes
I had read all the complaints regarding Auto Anything, but still decided to give them a try. That was a mistake!!
I placed an order and waited seven days before calling them to check on why I hadn't recieved the order. The person who answered the phone told me it took them 5 days to prep the order for shipping. I can't imagine anyone so Incompetent that they would actualy take 5 days to prep an order for shipping. At this point I suspect they haven't even shipped the order. I am basing this on the fact that I have not recieved a tracking number. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a duck folks! If anyone is condidering using these people YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   mikeah21 0 Votes
Should have done research on auto anything besides checking for the lowest price. You get what you pay for, in the way of service, lack of notification of backorder and further delay. Obvious that customer is not #1, and will have nothing to do with auto anything in the future. They charged for items that hadn't shipped for over a month, and then said it was there policy to do that. I don't know of any online retailers that operate that way. Now that I've canceled the order, they say it will take them 2 or 3 days to take care of that, and I can just imagine that they will ship the item in that time-then I'll have to pay shipping costs both ways, and have to pay a restocking fee! Criminal behavior, will contact the state Attorney General if their state still has one! Bye Bye auto anything - hope there is no future for that business.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by   Gene Fredette 0 Votes
I have recently fallen prey to these crooks as well. I placed an order on a sunday and upon reading the many complaints, decided to cancel the order two hours later. I notified this "business" promptly and they refused to cancel it while it was still pending. I now have to pay to have it shipped back (if it comes at all) because the tracking number given may be fake or wrong. It can not be found.

I am not going to open the package and after one rep sent an email stating NO return fee I now have received another email from a different rep saying there will be. The vendor who is actually sending the item stated there should be no reason for them to charge a fee. Auto anything does not stock this item. It comes from a manufacturer warehouse in another state. They could have simply canceled the order and saved the vendor and myself a lot of grief.

The saving grace in this is I did not purchase this item with a credit card. I chose to used Bill Me Later instead. I have notified them that they will NOT be getting any money from this and they should stop dealing with these crooks.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   wowsers +1 Votes
I ordered a front xrc rock crawling bumper for my jeep, they sent the rear. I got an rma paid 75 bucks to return it VIA fedex. Talked to a rep two days later, she said the front was in stock and would ship Friday. Thursday I got an email from the customer service rep that e set thing was good and the, bumper was coming. 20 minutes later I got a automated email that the bumper was out of stock, my order cancelled, and my account refunded 0.00 dollars. Wtf?
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   jordan onofer 0 Votes
I just got off phone with auto anything that is why I am researching internet and found this site. I ordered slotted and grooved rotors for my chevy silverado . I sat on the phone with my mechanic present. We discussed with the rep/salesman what it was exactly we needed to order for my specific make year model truck. I ordered them we put them on they worked for 3 mnths, turns out they make two different sizes which we find out after these ones failed. I talked to the customer service guy at baer the company who makes them and checked into it and I was right . I had wrong ones on, there only 5 millimeter difference. bottom line my brakes gave out I couldve been seriously hurt in accident! As I was waiting to hear what they were going to do about this mistake they called and claimed that we didnt mention it was a z71 off road package on my truck, They said they reviewed the taped conversation. But when I asked to hear it they wouldnt play it back and tried giving me run around. Oh yeah these rotors alone are $260 a peice !! I am contacting the better business bureau tomorow since there off hrs today.This company is a huge rip off and there sales people dont know what there talking about. Dont let this happen to you.
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   jordan onofer +1 Votes
Forgot to mention they only worked at first because the new pads were new and thick as soon as they wore down the brake pads actually fell out thats how I lost my brakes . crazy right . with the rotor being thinner once the pads wore nothing was holding them in there. I will keep this story updated as it progresses. Im a u.s. marine who has fought in Iraq twice . I dont deserve this.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   Reg Thorston 0 Votes
My guess is the good reps don't stay long due to all the issues and of course, a rep that couldn't care is a treasure in a poor customer service environment. Ads for jobs there are fairly frequent. I would guess the smart folks don't stay long or perhaps the ones with integrity anyway.
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   Ben, PA 0 Votes
Got EGR bug deflector did not work for my truck. Customer service is crap had to keep tabs for this problem. Also a month later EGR in channel vent visors scratched my windows on my 2012 chevy colorado. Wont compensate on their defects. EGR also a poor company with bad customer service. Neither one of these companies will stand by their products.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   sutex 0 Votes
Auto Anything is a rip off. I ordered bumpers for my 94 jeep wrangler based on the pictures of the bumper. Once I recieved my bumpers they weren't anything like the the pictures or the description of the bumpers.AutoAnything said the pictures are examples, not photos of the actual bumper for sale. They had the balls to send me links to the manufactures site to prove to me that I ordered the wrong item. I am still working on my return, but won't be doing business with them again.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   MCB2702 0 Votes
This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Apparently, I am not the only dissatisfied customer. I placed an order for floor mats on 09-18-12. As of today, 8 days later, my order has not been processed or shipped. I contacted customer service and spoke to a rude and clueless person who tried to tell me these floor mats were made to order. He continued to try to convince me that these floor mats weren't even made prior to my order being placed. Are you kidding me? Floor mats that are made to order?!!! He proceeded to tell me that these floor mats were NOT in stock and were being sent from the manufacturer. After reading many reviews, it appears that this company doesn't have anything in stock and is merely a middle man that Drop Ships!! I was told that if I wanted to cancel my order it would take 24-36 hours to process that and another 5 business days to get my money returned. How can this company still exist doing business like this?!!! Luckily I paid with Paypal and have filed a complaint with them. It might take a week or so for me to get my money back, but I DEFINITELY would NEVER buy from this company again. Take this as a warning and save yourself grief. Don't use AutoAnything!!!
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
I ordered a Dash Cover for my old car last year. It was shipped fast and I had no problems with them.
 18th of Dec, 2012 by   nwano 0 Votes
I called and asked for footmat for Honda odyssey 2004 and received foot mats for different vehicles.
I strongly will not recommend doing business with this company. This company called AUTO ANYTHING is not a company that I will recommend for business in light of my experience dealing with them. You are forewarned.
 9th of Jun, 2013 by   Dave F 2012 0 Votes
There seem to be a lot of complaints. I placed an order with Autoanyting before I read this site and feared I had made a big mistake. However, my fears were unfounded. I ordered a K&N air cleaner system for my Ram truck. It was shipped within 24 hours and I received tracking numbers. The items arrived in good condition right on schedule. I will order from them again,

How to Avoid Healthcare Fraud