Posted:

Beware of Ask.com

R
Beware of Ask.com, if you use them they may install a program on your computer that constantly redirects websites you are viewing to Ask.com. It seems to be a very hard program to get rid off. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get it off my computer with no success. Some sites I can not even view because it keeps being redirected to Ask.com. Very frustrating. I recommend you stick with reputable search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo.

R
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Comments

21st of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
"how to remove ask.com"

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+remove+ask.com&meta=&aq=0c&... />
your welcome... :P
 15th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ask.com - I've found it to be particularly lacking in terms of pictures
ask.com

It's pretty good, as compared to some other search engines I've tried. However, it can't hold a candle to Google. I've found it to be particularly lacking in terms of pictures. Google should definitely be your 1st choice.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Ask.com is a hijacking piece of s--t, not only does it hijack your web browser but it takes hours to get rid of this piece crap. If your browser (Ask.com) is so bad that you have to hijack your way into a persons computer its time to though it in the toilet and start again. To all the good people out there that have had the misfortune of running into this piece of s--t after updating your Firefox browser, just uninstall Firefox and all your saved settings (for Firefox) and then go to the internet and download a new installation of Firefox . But do not I repeat DO NOT import anything from other browsers like microsoft Internet Explorer, because the piece of s--t (Ask) will hide in the saved settings there, Please excuse the rant but I've had it with crap like Ask.
 18th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
On Thursday 16 February a group of me and my friends had a meal at Ask Italian in welwyn garden city to celebrate my birthday. Firstly in previous times I have been to this restaurant to find it very busy, but on thursday not the case. We booked thinking we would need to. Placing our order, the waiter said there was items on the menu which they did not have. When finally our meals arrived the portions were very very small, lack of sauce. Staff were also not helpful and obliging with the wine selection. One of my friends ordered lasagne it had no meat filling.Waiters tried to say that this restaurant is in process of being refurbished which is a way to explain their lack of customer service and satisfaction to the public. I feel that some kind of compensation or goodwill gesture is owed to me.

Janet Hedley
 23rd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Ask.com - This was a complete waste of time.
ask.com

On October 17, 2012 I contacted a website called Ask.com to find out information regarding a “Kindle” book reader. I was charged $30.00 on my debit card from Ask.com for their assistance. This item was given to me by a friend and I was attempting to change the owners information from her to myself. This included her e-mail address as well as her billing address. I wanted everything changed over to myself so I could order books, etc. The person I was dealing with seemed to have no idea as to how to resolve this problem. He finally told me to go to a McDonalds, eat an egg McMuffin and use their WIFI. As I have my own WIFI (I am using it right now), I did NOT go to McDonalds. I feel he just didn’t know how to help me but the $30.00 had already been applied to my bank account. I would like a total refund as this was a complete waste of time. Please help!
 25th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
How does one start a class action lawsuit against ask.com. I would like to find out, then maybe they will make it much easier to remove from your computer. I am going to start looking into how to do that.
 7th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am horrified that ask.com has been able to hijack my search engine. What is google going to do about it? It seems that they are not offering any help.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree