logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
POST MY CV or AMK Travels
FRAUDS cheating money in the name of Job service
2. (6 mins ago)
Canadian Visa Experts
I'm tired of them
3. (6 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
4. (35 mins ago)
Pacific National Law Center
Mortgage mitigation
5. (36 mins ago)
Chase Auto Finance
Vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Ask.com

Posted:    Ron Houston tx

Beware of Ask.com

R
Beware of Ask.com, if you use them they may install a program on your computer that constantly redirects websites you are viewing to Ask.com. It seems to be a very hard program to get rid off. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to get it off my computer with no success. Some sites I can not even view because it keeps being redirected to Ask.com. Very frustrating. I recommend you stick with reputable search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo.

R
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jan, 2010 by   CC Dispute Officer +1 Votes
"how to remove ask.com"

your welcome... :P
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   Bentbullitt +1 Votes
Ask.com is a hijacking piece of s--t, not only does it hijack your web browser but it takes hours to get rid of this piece crap. If your browser (Ask.com) is so bad that you have to hijack your way into a persons computer its time to though it in the toilet and start again. To all the good people out there that have had the misfortune of running into this piece of s--t after updating your Firefox browser, just uninstall Firefox and all your saved settings (for Firefox) and then go to the internet and download a new installation of Firefox . But do not I repeat DO NOT import anything from other browsers like microsoft Internet Explorer, because the piece of s--t (Ask) will hide in the saved settings there, Please excuse the rant but I've had it with crap like Ask.
 18th of Feb, 2012 by   J Hedley 0 Votes
On Thursday 16 February a group of me and my friends had a meal at Ask Italian in welwyn garden city to celebrate my birthday. Firstly in previous times I have been to this restaurant to find it very busy, but on thursday not the case. We booked thinking we would need to. Placing our order, the waiter said there was items on the menu which they did not have. When finally our meals arrived the portions were very very small, lack of sauce. Staff were also not helpful and obliging with the wine selection. One of my friends ordered lasagne it had no meat filling.Waiters tried to say that this restaurant is in process of being refurbished which is a way to explain their lack of customer service and satisfaction to the public. I feel that some kind of compensation or goodwill gesture is owed to me.

Janet Hedley