logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Magic loans
refusing to reply to messages left with them re-refund
2. (24 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and scam

Ascentive
ascentive.com
I made the mistake of buying(visa card) the ascentive "speedscan" software and 2 days later asked to be reimbursed because i wasn't sure of its efficiency and this was accepted but now although asked to delete the program it is systematically refused :"sorry exe. must close" in the configuration panel.obviously I'm not the only one faced with this dilemna.help, please anyone! I have a 9400 Inspiron XP 2000 Dell PC an am using it on it only since August 2006 and haven't downloaded Vista because my PC would become too slow.awaiting your reaction.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2008 by   rtoscano 0 Votes
Ipurchased finally fast for my computer the other day I have not used it yet but Isee its a scam. IMTRYING TO GET OUT OF IT, I cant get in touch with them can you please help
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   ChipW 0 Votes
I also did not see where it improve my computer, and it required the purchase of additional software to fix the biggest problems it found. I took my lumps and uninstalled it from my computer learning a lesson. This year, I received an email from the company indicating they charged my mastercard 29.99 for a subscription renewal! I never authorized it nor requested it. I did call and they said that they credited my account, but they are crooks.
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   Vulcan8r 0 Votes
They are filthy rotten scumbag theives. I made the mistake of buying a year ago thinking it would make my PC run faster and it made it run much slower and I mean very much. It was a long and troubling process to uninstall. I figured I had learned my lesson but these assholes 1 year later after I told them they were assholes debited my cheching account for $29.95 for a renewal and I did not even get an email notice saying they have done so. I don't have it in my computer and would not take it if it were free!!! It is a virus and somebody needs to hang these scumbags by the neck until they are dead!!! If you have ever purchased anything from them change your credit card number to make sure they cannot bill you again. They are slick, they are criminal and their program is a virus that will fuck up your computer. Do not do it, do not go there, you will regret it. I wish I knew where they were so I could go there and punch them all in the face and kick them in the guts and that's just for starters!!!
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   jetaime 0 Votes
This is a fraudluent company. Everyone, whatever card you used to purchase this product, you must close the card because they will keep debiting your account and they will do it a year from now. The software works for one or two days, and then you have to purchase more and more products from them to keep your computer running properly. Call Mcafee and install it, and ask them to remove it from your computer. It will cost you around a hundred or more but the option is a computer you can't use.

Time to Cut the Cable?