Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Art Van Furniture, Chesterfield, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - King Koil Queen Mattress-Horrible!!

Artvan.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:

King Koil Queen Mattress-Horrible!!

Chesterfield, Michigan
We -are still paying on!!! a $2000.00 King Koil Queen Sz.Memory foam Mattress purchased in 9/07. It is NOT what we expected-very uncomfortable, no support-stiff/sore backs, hips every morning-horrible!!! Art Van sent out a "service tech"-he measured the depth of the mattress/said all was normal and that's it-called the store in Chesterfield, MI were we bought it-the
nasty supervisor we spoke with said there was nothing they could do-my husband let her know we'd spent alot of $$ @ Art Van over the years and
we'd like some real response to our dissatisfaction-to be exact-get King Koil to take back their unsupportive, expensive mattress-and refund our $$!! Art Van furniture will not see any more of our
hard earned $$ EVER AGAIN!!!
S & K T
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Would you buy a new car, drive it for a year and then take it back to the dealership and say "This car is not comfortable and no longer suites me. I want a new one."? No way! Then why would you think Art Van should take back your USED mattress after a year because you don't like it. Sounds like you are being very unfair and unreasonable.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Art Van is full of ____!!! I bought a $1800.00 mattress on sale for 50% off, with promises and so on. Long story short, it was not even a FIRM matress which the Livonia Sales clerk told me it was, NEXT DAY DELIVERY, "not when there is a sale, WE are too busy", found out that their SATISFACTION GUARANTEE is only good for 30 days (when I took them to small claims court), and the 15 year warranty on the mattress, well mine was measured and found to be very defective, but they claim it had a stain on it...there was no stain. When trying to get them to replace it due to increasing back problems from sleeping on it (I am 49), the general manager in corporate said there is no such thing as firm and laughed in my face, when I told them I can't even sit on the side of it without slipping off, more than 3 supervisors told me "beds are not made to sit on" and "sitting on a mattress anymore than 30 seconds is considered excessive", well... I tried to file with Better Business Bureau, they refused to accept the report saying it was stained!!! That is the issue..it is NOT!!! Sone one told me now that if they are a member of BBB, BBB never accepts a complaint from one of their paying BBB members...could that be why there were no records of any complaints for any Art Van. Also in small claims court, I was not even able to tell the whole story, Art Van stopped me and showed the judge warranty that I never ever saw and the case was dismissed. MICHIGANS MATTRESS LEADERS, what a laugh!!
 5th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I highly doubt they told you they could not deliver next day due to the sale and how busy they were. There are other reasons, however, that they may not have been able to deliver next day. As far as the SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, well, that is printed right on the back of your reciept that you signed agreeing to the terms and conditions. How long should the guarantee be? One year? Two years? how about three? There has to be stipulations on how long you can sleep on a mattress and expect a store to take it back. And last, The warranty information came attached to your mattress straight from the manufacturer. If you did not take the time to read it, that is your fault, not Art Van's. If a judge dismissed the case then obviously you had no case.
 4th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree with all the complaints regarding the King Koil foam mattress and its comfort issues. I bought it at Art Van in Howell and was very satisfied with it until the last two months. Both my girlfriend and I have been waking with back pain. Art Van came out and determined the mattress was fine and showed only an inch depression in the middle of the mattress and that an 1 1/2 is necessary for any action to be taken. Obviously this product breaks down much to quickly, I haven't even had it a year. I'm still dealing with Art Van in Howell, they sent two techs out and still haven't told me they wont refund my money. I was told I have to deal with the general manager, however I don't expect that I'll get a refund.
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Art Van Furniture - Bad business model
Art Van Furniture

15 percent restocking fee never mentioned at purchase but hidden in the fine print. Item doesn't fit up stairwell according to their delivery people and I get hit with a 200.00 bill plus 80.00 delivery charge to send it back. Bad business model.
 28th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
your fault. why should art van pay for your mistake. it could have stayed on your first floor. you bought it it was in the house. your fault that it didnt fit where you wanted it.
 20th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes

Art Van Furniture - Bed Bugs
Art Van
Lansing
Michigan

Bought a king size mattress set at Art Van and found out we had a infestation of Bed Bugs.. . so bad it was recommended we throw away mattress and box frame.

Sincerely,

Terrified to sleep
 9th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am having the same problem with the same brand mattress. I bought the king koil king size foam mattress and three months later my back and shoulder was hurting. I was told by the service guys that the foam mattresses are perfect when you do the pure sleep test but when you get them home, the mattress soon is too soft and sags in the center. He went on to explain the salesman should sale mattresses that are a little firmer than the one actually chosen to adjust for the sag three months later. I wish I had knew this then. I have not received a new mattress and have slept on the couch many nights to avoid back pain. I purchased this set for 2600 dollars and the expensive mattress cover and rails, so there are no stains but still in pain. I asked if I could return the mattress and receive one a little firmer, but of course no, not until the serviceman deems it defective. I will never purchase such a mattress again from Art Van where they are the ones who push there 25 year warranty bull**** down the customers throat.
 17th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same problem here. They sold us a bed, that when in the store was Very comfortable. That's Not what we got. We got a POS mattress that is Worse than sleeping on concrete! Very Deceiving Salespeople! I was sleep deprived for a week (on top of the 6 years with our old mattress), not to mention the Horrendous pain I was in. We WILL be taking them to court! I promise you that!

Artvan.com Logo Artvan.com Logo Artvan.com