Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Price Gouging

Larry Brinegar
Bear, United States
Phone: gas
propane tank filled 12/19/2013 amerigas owns tank! $4.48 per gallon Price Gouging!!! Have friends with lease tanks. $2.89--
$2.99--$3.29 called amerigas they didn't seem to care, called national headquarters, recieved call from manager in my area,
she says price do to propane shortage in America. ask her why other gas cosmpanys sell same product @ $1.00 to $1.49 LESS
PER GALLON NO RESPONSE!!! once i recieved bill now charge is $3.529 per gallon!!! she did reduce price by 50cents per gallon, BIG DEAL gas is still $1.00 more per gallon, once tank is empty, no more gas from this company!!!
PRICE GOUGING BIG TIME!!! NOTE: been customer for 13 years always paid bill on time, this is how they reward you!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hello, they took over the account of hertitage propane in 2012, and got filled up last week and here's the bill I received yesterday 1/18/2014 36.5 gallons @ 5.89 a gallon plus 15 tax 7.50 fuel recovery fee, and 9.59 hazmat fee, total is $247
I have another place and got filled up in Oct @ $3.59 a gal. you figure
--Tim From Gainesville, Fl.
 28th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
Amerigas was charging $1.25 a gallon over local propane companies. We switched companies and I called to inform them. They said I should of called they would of lower our cost per gallon. I asked them what they wanted to do about the tanks. They informed me they would pick them up. They did not pick them up for weeks. I called and sent email numerous times. They arrived 6-8 weeks later and picked up two of the three tanks. I now received a bill of $39.99 per tank for pick up.
This company ripped you off at every turn. They overcharge unless you complain, you pay a tank rental fee and when they come to pick up their tank they charge you for that too. Don't use Amerigas. It is a terrible company.
 19th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Amerigas is charging/gouging me $5 per gallon! I got a very shady explanation and decided to shop and just got a $1.46/gallon quote for 500 gallons. Is anyone looking into suing them?

AmeriGas Logo AmeriGas