logo

Axis Human Capital Limited Consumer Review

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

american standard rent to own or americanstandardonline.com, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - rude customer service

american standard rent to own or americanstandardonline.com Contacts & Informations

american standard rent to own or americanstandardonline.com

Posted:    hygienist

rude customer service

AMERICAN STANDARD- RENT TO OWN
Louisiana
WHEN I CONTACTED THIS BUSINESS ABOUT RENT TO OWN HOME, THEY HAD QUITE A CATCH. PAY 199.00 TO PURCHASE LISTINGS FOR HOMES THAT YOU CAN RENT TO OWN, HOMES WHICH ARE ABOUT TO GO INTO FORCLOSURE. I told the employee, why should someone pay that much money when you can go on free website such as homepath.com and gilmoreauction.com or even realtor websites to see the same things for free. SHE INFORMED ME THAT MAYBE I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS A DEAL BECAUSE "I WASN'T KNOWLEDGABLE ENOUGH ABOUT THEIR PROGRAM"-- YES THAT WAS A DIRECT QUOTE. For some reason I feel as if a used car sales man just tried to scam me telling me to put a deposit down on a car to find out the next day the car was sold to someone else and I can't get a refund on my deposit. PEOPLE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, IF THEY ARE RUDE TO YOU WHILE COAXING YOU TO BUY INTO THEIR SCAM JUST THINK OF WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ONCE YOU'VE ENGAGED IN BUSINESS WITH THEM. If your looking for rent to own, look in reliable place. P.S. their phone number is 1877-818-0717
Comments United States Employees
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Dec, 2010 by   Coko28 +1 Votes
Yes they are a scam. I contacted them to get more information in-regards to how they program work and they explained it to me but the more questions I asked they told me I had to enrolled with them. So I asked if I could meet with someone face to face and pay with cash check or money order because I'm no secure with giving out me credit and debt card information. I was told that's not an option and that they deal with you only over the phone. Then I informed them that I had a run in with a previous company like theirs but it was a scam so I asked if I could have the company name because it's not listed on the flyier. I wanted to discuss them with my husband and research them online before I paid the money and the call was disconnected. So I them called back from my sons phone and caught the company name at the beginning of the conversation and informed the man that I had just spoke with him and went on to ask him why did he terminate the call and he hung up on me again. This company is truly a scam. They now have a new number as well it is 1-877-395-1302
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by   skamkiller +1 Votes
American Standard Online used to do business as Anchor House Financial. The information they are selling for $199 can be had for free elsewhere. They moved from Santa Barbara to Ventura, CA.
They are still spamming craigslist, also using the number 877-395-1304.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   auraguzman 0 Votes
Yes i have called them and I was like it so good to be true. Where can i get a list of home for rent or rent to buy..ETc..i need help need to move ASAp..Thanks
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Teacher59 +1 Votes
I just called them at 888-269-5390 and the man was very rude when I asked him if I could find them in the Better Business Bureau and if he ahd references I could call to ensure he wasn't a craigslist scammer. He got all huffy and said then when I got ready to move I could just call a realtor and spend 3 or 4k to find a house instead and hung up on me!
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   BETTER BUSINESS Finder +1 Votes
I just got off the phone with them. Same scam, but a totally new number. They just posted on craigslist, with no company info. I asked the lady what the company's name was and she told me after I pay the $199 she will provide the companies website and info. Do not trust them. Their new number is 1-866-343-4136. WHAT A JOKE THEY ARE!!!
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   Div3 0 Votes
I just had the same experience. Their ad was on Craigslist. The guy was very rude. I actually called before to see if they participate with section 8 in their program. A woman said they did not. I called again to ask if it was possible for them to be compatible in the future, and the rude, curt man said they DID take section 8! When I told him about my previous experience, he said, "Well, we've had problems with section 8 because they whine about the $199 fee."
Anyway, I tried to find out if there was an office I could visit. He was rude the whole time. So I googled their phone number and saw these reviews. My suspicions are confirmed; It is too good to be true because it is a scam. Comments above have listed sites you can go to finds homes like this free of charge.
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   Ms.Genie 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with them as well. Now theres another number their using: 1-877-395-0320. It did sound to good to be true. I even told the guy that and he said " well, yah, sometimes things sound like that." He reminded me that there was no down pmt, credit check, need to change the loan and he called the loan an "Assumable loan" where i simply take over the payments before the home goes into forclosure under the previous owners name to save their credit. I can only have gotten all the lists of places if I were a registered member and paid a one time fee of 199.00 for a title search and legal Documents needed and that it could be refunded after 90days as long as i followed the proper steps. He wouldn't go into those and said i dont want to waste your time if your not a member yet.. the pictures on CraisList look so nice and had a fancy border arounf it. I wonder where their taking them off of? Does anyone out there know of a reputable "rent to own" company? Please?
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   Pablos77 0 Votes
I called and asked what type of legal document they use to transfer ownership of the deed to a property is. The girl snickered and said she didn't know but, after I paid the $199.00 she would transfer me to the department that could tell me that information.

TOTAL SCAM-----
 13th of Aug, 2013 by   Glo D 0 Votes
THEY ARE STILL AT IT WITH A NEW NUMBER!!! Thanks to everyone who took time to share. Because of you, I learned about them before conducting business!
 17th of Apr, 2014 by   Michelle Lovelace 0 Votes
Contacted this company for a list of "rent to own". Didn't catch the company name and when a gentlemen finally got on the phone with me I tried to ask him what was his company's name. He wouldn't let get two words out. All he did was keep asking for my information. After about three minutes of dodging or giving false info he asked for my credit card info and when I told him that I was just calling for information so that I could talk to my husband about it and could I please get the company name. He was like "yea uh-huh. It's American Standard." and then he hung up on me. Rude and snippy. Sounded too good to be true and it is. Here is a listing on craigslist that they are using. Hope it saves some other poor soul from getting ripped off.

30th of Jun, 2014 by   luiskim 0 Votes
I called 1-877-395-0320 . The guy David at ext 2196 he said the support staff number is 1-877-395-1296 he was extremely rude when I told him I wasn't paying the 199.00 today . And he said well see ya later when you can pay then. I was like what !!. I asked for their name of the company and he didn't wanna give it to me . He said I need to pay first to access more info. What a scam. I will just keep saving and buy a house the old fashion way...
 25th of Aug, 2014 by   uwilsm48 0 Votes
I just talked with American Standard and the guy I talked to was very rude to me when I asked questions about their business and the guy hung up on me. I would not deal with them again.
 29th of Aug, 2014 by   mbalboa 0 Votes
They have a new scam number. 805-729-2494. Aaron. Or 1-877-395-1296. Tried to scam me. I know better.

Anti Gay Marriage Scam