Posted:

Washing Machine NAV2330AWW

Illinois
We bought this washer in June of 2005. We decided on an Amana because it was a well known brand and the price was decent since we were getting a bit of a break buying all new appliances for the kitchen as well (not Amanas by the way) Now we know why the salesman gave us a break...to get rid of a piece of junk! This washer went belly up after exactly 4 years. I went to wash a load of laundry and it filled up fine but then when it got to the agitate cycle it just started grinding and vibrating and the agitator was not turning. We called in a repairman that told us that it was the transmission. The transmission has a ten year warranty so it was still covered, however, in order to change the transmission, a seal kit must be changed that is NOT covered and costs around $100 plus you have to pay for labor. The estimate for repair was $286, which is almost only $100 less than we paid for the machine new 4 years ago! What a rip off! Now we still have to pay a $50 service charge even though we're not getting it repaired. We called customer service at Amana and after being put on hold for almost 30 minutes (the entire call took 45) my husband detailed the situation to the representative and pointed out to her that the "warranty" on the transmission was essentially worthless since the seal kit was not being covered making the repair cost compared to the price new 4 years ago not worth it. All they would offer us was 15% off a new AMANA appliance. NO WAY! First of all, 15% is a crap offer when you have to replace a major appliance after only 4 years and second, why would we buy another Amana when we got a piece of junk from them before with a worthless warranty? The ironic thing is that a 15% discount would probably be about the same price out of their pocket as the seal kit so why not just cover the seal kit and keep your customers happy? Doesn't make sense to me. When they would not offer anything else, my husband asked them if what they wanted was for us to "go away and never buy another Amana (or Maytag since they are both owned by the same company now) appliance ever again and tell everyone we know to stay away from them" and essentially the answer was yes. Stay away from Amana. After this I have read reviews on other sites on not just their washers but other appliances and they seem to get very low reviews and are JUNK. Now our family of 5 including a 6 month old baby must do without a washing machine until we can save up the money for a new one after only getting 4 years of service from the Amana. We live on a strict budget and one income as I am a stay at home mom so I don't know when we'll have the money to replace Amana's piece of junk.

We had a washing machine before this one that was a hand me down from a friend that was already 17 years old when we got it and we had it an additional 4 years and never had a problem with it. I believe it was a Whirlpool. The only reason we bought a new one was that we were moving and decided not to take our appliances with us since it was a long distance move. I wish we had brought that old washer with us. It would probably still be working today! Only getting 4 years out of a washing machine is BS.
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Amana - Door does not close completely
Livermore
Phone: 925-443-5560

We purchased the Amana French Door refrigerator. At the store I noticed that the door did not close completely, and was assured that this would not be a problem. It is a problem. If you do not check very carefully, you can leave the door open all night long or even worse when you are on a vacation.

Be weary when buying this type of refrigerator. There aren't many to choose from. We first considered the LG, but we were told that parts would not be availalbe if that refrigerator were to break.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Amana - Overcharged
amana.com

$65 to drive into my driveway and $82 to pull a sock out of one of the hoses. Labor for 15 minutes? I was tied into A & E because they are a warranty service provider and the washer was less than a year old. Ordinarily I support local businesses. A & E is based in Portland (240 miles from Grants Pass where I live). There is no way I would have paid any local business more than $50 for this call; although I could stretch to the initial $65. The rest of the fee was completely unfounded.

The tech was courteous, but he admitted that there was nothing on his menu that identified the work he had actually done, so he keyed in what he thought would be the least expensive "Pump - clean". And he left me a coupon for a preventative service for $39.99 (which entails more than he did) after he handed me the bad news. A new washer would have cost me less that this service call.

I called A & E to request a refund since the guy hadn't actually cleaned the pump - the phone techs were completely unwilling to even discuss an error in their billing practice. I also called the store where I purchased the washer a year ago and informed them of what had happened with the company they recommended of the warranty providers.

If I could find a way to lodge a complain with Whirlpool, I definitely would. In today's economy we all have to do our part - and they took unfair advantage of a function the general public cannot perform for themselves.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Amana - Save your money and time
Amana

We purchased a Amana central air condiioning unit 10 years ago. We live in CO. and only use it two months out of the year. After the first year we began having problems - including many electrical componets, the fan needing to be replaced and adding freon numerous times. Now, the compressor went out and we need to either replace it which is 2K or purchase a new unit. I called the compliance center which basically said there was nothing they could do. If you want to make a large investment only to continue to pay your HVAC person a few hundred every year to then have to purchase another unit after 10 years- AMANA/Goodman is your company! Save your money and time- purchase a different make!
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Amana - Range
New Jersey

Shame, Shame, Shame on you...A service call was confirmed by your office the day before the appointmentschedule for January 22, 2011 on January 21st. A Senior citizen waited for four hours (not even going to the mail box to pick up mail for concern about missing the appointment). When called to find about about the service call 30 minutes after waiting for four hours, the customer service rep said the technician was on his last appointment and could they schedule another appointment. You must be kidding!!! SORRY, what kind of customer service is this????????? To wait for four hours for something like a pilot light on an Amana stove and have a flat rate charge for a $129.00. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU!!! What's with technician ID# 0541763. If you can't make the appointment, at least be honest about the situation... No wonder so many businesses are going bankrupt. Perhaps this might be a wake up call for you!!!
 18th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
HVAC units have an average lifespan of 10-15 years, especially in colder, higher elevations. Might not be the unit, or how much you use it. Conditions or time in home, other factors, play a role. Does it rain a lot? Snow? Call your local Amana HVAC contractor and get it evaluated. Or get another solution, radiant heat, house fans instead. Maybe central a/c is not for you.
 28th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes

Amana - Stay away
Amana

I purchased an Amana Definition fridge/freezer at a cost of more than £3000 but did not realise that I was choosing to deal with a company that has absolutely no concern for product quality or after sales service. Despite purchasing what I believed to be a product at the higher end of the market, the quality has been more akin to that associated with the very bottom end. I have had a total of 6 service calls in just over 3 years, including two as a result of total losses of the freezer contents and consequential insurance claims.

Whilst in warranty the fridge/freezer was replaced but the problems continue, whether it is was a matter of produce in the fridge freezing or items in the freezer defrosting.

The most recent failure resulted in yet another total loss of the freezer contents, a repair cost of around £230, an insurance claim (again) and it didn't seem unreasonable to expect that Amana should contribute towards the cost of the repair.

However, the response I have gained from Amana is nothing but insulting. Firstly they claimed that they had records for only one or two of my previous service calls, despite all having been booked through their offices and even when I produced records to demonstrate the problems experienced, they have remained totally dismissive of my courteous requests. I have previously received poor service in the same way that I have purchased products that didn't reach my expectation but never been before have I been driven to seek out websites such as this one in order to expose incompetence and arrogance of this nature.

I've no idea what the impact of this complaint will be but if it warns just one potential customer away from buying such appalling service I will feel suitably rewarded.
 24th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
You are not alone here!

We are EXTREMELY disappointed with our AMANA fridge! We purchased an AMANA fridge approximately 7 yrs ago for over 1700CAD and now it suddenly stopped cooling/freezing. (Not to mention that it would freeze produce in the bottom drawer ever since it was new...)

After a visit from our local service repairman, we are told the compressor is dying and will need to be replaced. Cost, including parts and labour: apprx 750CAD!

THIS, is unacceptable! We paid for a "quality" appliance and for it to require a major repair like this at 7 years is very unfair. The store we purchased it at is telling us that due to consumer demand for low prices manufacturers are forced to buy components off shore for less thus they compromise lower quality for lower price!

As a social media expert I would rather 'share' positive experiences with the world however in this case I may be forced to do otherwise. There is no one accountable here and the customer is left to dig deep into the pockets yet again...
 30th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Amana - Cracking shelves and bins
4425 Gasparilla Ave
Orlando
Florida
Phone: 407-249-0169

I purchased an Amana refrigerator model #ASD2522WRD01, Serial # HRY2641704 on 6/10/2010. Within 2 months of purchase, the shelves began cracking and one of the bins broke. I contacted Amana and received a reply that they would check into the matter. I have filed several complaints and heard nothing more until yesterday, when I received THIS:

Dear Ms. May:

Thank you for visiting the Amana web site. We appreciate hearing from you.

We apologize for the situation with your Amana refrigerator. When one of our appliances fails to meet a customer's expectations it concerns us; as we take pride in the quality of our products. We value our consumers' opinions on our products, and regret to learn of your dissatisfaction. Unfortunately, we would be unable to pinpoint the exact cause of why the shelves and drawers are falling apart. We would recommend to replace these drawers and shelves.

To purchase replacement parts, or to check pricing and/or availability, you may contact our retail parts organization directly at 877-486-2352. A sales associate will have access to a complete parts diagram of your appliance to assist with ordering the correct replacement part. The complete model number is needed when speaking with a sales associate. All major credit cards are accepted.

You may schedule service directly from our website using the link provided below or by calling our Customer Experience Center.

You are a valued Amana customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this concern may have caused.

We invite you to contact Amana again either by calling (866) 616-2664 between 8:00am to 8:00pm EST weekdays or by emailing whenever the need arises. When calling please press the available option or stay on the line to reach a representative.

Sincerely,

Renea H.
e-Solutions Specialist
Amana Customer eXperience Center

I can pinpoint the reason the stuff is falling apart!! Because they do NOT take pride in the quality of their products. The plastic is thin and flimsy!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree